LeFou's Brew....the verdict?

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Original Poster
So who out there has tried Gaston's Tavern's Lefou's Brew? On the Butterbeer scale, where does it stand?

RWilliams

Premium Member
So who out there has tried Gaston's Tavern's Lefou's Brew? On the Butterbeer scale, where does it stand?
I'm not a very big fan of cream soda so I prefer LeFou's Brew over the butterbeer. But I think I may like the pumpkin juice more than LeFou's brew. I enjoyed the brew it was really refreshing but it looses all flavor as you get to the bottom of the cup which was a disappointment.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Nice. Very. But expensive and too much ice.

But everyone in the tavern compared it to Butterbeer as Disneys attempt.

I'm not a very big fan of cream soda so I prefer LeFou's Brew over the butterbeer. But I think I may like the pumpkin juice more than LeFou's brew. I enjoyed the brew it was really refreshing but it looses all flavor as you get to the bottom of the cup which was a disappointment.

Whats this pumpkin juice you speak of?

RWilliams

Premium Member
Whats this pumpkin juice you speak of?
Its a pumpkin spice flavored drink in the Wizarding World. Mine wasn't frozen, I don't remember if you had the option to have it frozen or not like with the butterbeer. You can buy it either in a cup in the counter service restaurant or in a bottle in the gift shops. It doesn't taste like pumpkin really but more like the spices in a pumpkin pie.

Its a pumpkin spice flavored drink in the Wizarding World. Mine wasn't frozen, I don't remember if you had the option to have it frozen or not like with the butterbeer. You can buy it either in a cup in the counter service restaurant or in a bottle in the gift shops. It doesn't taste like pumpkin really but more like the spices in a pumpkin pie.

Thanks!

SirNim

Pumpkin juice, especially the packaging (the plastic bottle with the plastic pumpkin topper), is awesome. Par excellence, in the realm of theme park themed beverages. I liked it more than butterbeer, but then again, maybe I'm just a sucker for cool packaging.

I wish butterbeer came in an actual glass beer bottle. But yeah, I know that's not possible based on what it is and how it's designed to be served.

maxairmike

I wasn't really impressed with LeFou's Brew, and I absolutely love apple juice. I will say that the passion fruit-mango foam was very tasty, but I think the "hint of toasted marshmallow" (which was all I could taste if I put my straw to the bottom of the glass, and again once I got towards the bottom at the end of my drink) ruined it for me. And it is also a bit more expensive than Butterbeer. Butterbeer wins easily on taste, and then there's the never ending foam as well...I have way too much fun with the never ending Butterbeer foam.

Magenta Panther

I got that impression too, but it reminded me of mulling spices that you put in cider and mulled wine. I like it better than butterbeer - don't care for that at all. :p

wilkeliza

I loved LeFou's Brew as did the other two friends I was with. I believe we have all had butterbeer before.

Honestly outside of them both being frozen drinks I don't think it is fair to compair the two. I say this as someone who was not really a fan of butterbeer. It took me over 2 hours to finish my butterbeer because I just couldn't bring myself to drink it except little sip by little sip. I actually threw out my regular version and only tried frozen after guests around me were pushing me to after seeing me throw away the other. The frozen was okay but not what I imagined. Now LeFou's Brew I loved. You just have to remember to stir it. The marshmallow is kind of a "shot" so if you don't stir it you won't get the mixture of all the flavors. The only part I didn't like was the very end when I was left with foam.

However to me comparing butterbeer to LeFou's Brew is like comparing a chicken dish and a pork dish. They are both entree's and you can like one more than the other but they have different taste profiles so it will come down to personal preference. Now if LeFou's was suppose to have the carmel/nut/butter taste of butterbeer then we could fairly compair them but one is fruit based and the other they don't even let you know what is in it.

djkidkaz

It just comes down to do you like apple juice or cream soda better. Im not a fan of apple juice so it wasn't working for me and butterbeer was my clear winner.

Amused to Death

I thought LeFou's Brew was terrible! The apple juice portion was too frozen, you couldn't really drink it, and the passion fruit mango whatever-the-heck on top looked more like a dollop of mayonnaise than foamy head. You can tell the apple juice has no sugar added, as you end up with a bad taste in your mouth, not unlike the aftertaste from drinking a diet soda. Disney's going to make a fortune on this stuff though, as you're going to need another drink or a pretzel or something in order to forget your LeFou's Brew experience. :p

LVgoN2WDW

I am realty excited for Lafous brew even though the feedback is not the best. Butterbeer was good, but this drink I am actually anticipating for my next trip!

mergatroid

Not tried Disney's new treat so can't comment on it, but butterbeer is a different story. Had some last year after hearing how fantastic it suposedly was and was very dissapointed to say the least. I actually prefer original cream soda to butterbeer and Mrs M and I ended up throwing half of a shared one away it was such a let down. Didn't try the frozen version as couldn't really imagine it being much different, if you don't like orange juice then chances are you won't like frozen orange juice was my thinking on that score.

disney fan 13

Not tried Disney's new treat so can't comment on it, but butterbeer is a different story. Had some last year after hearing how fantastic it suposedly was and was very dissapointed to say the least. I actually prefer original cream soda to butterbeer and Mrs M and I ended up throwing half of a shared one away it was such a let down. Didn't try the frozen version as couldn't really imagine it being much different, if you don't like orange juice then chances are you won't like frozen orange juice was my thinking on that score.

Trust me, Frozen is much better, I can't finish a unfrozen but I down about 2 frozen Butterbeer's every trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom