LeFou's Brew....the verdict?

BrightImagine

I had the opportunity to try Lefou's Brew, butterbeer and pumpkin juice all for the first time last week.

I liked Lefou's Brew but I did not like the way it seemed to end up with unflavored ice pieces at the bottom. And I did try to stir it. The frozen butterbeer, on the other hand, seemed consistent all the way to the end.

My ranking: #1 pumpkin juice #2 frozen butterbeer #3 LeFou's.
I would buy them all again. If I had to choose between my usual Dole Whip pineapple float and a LeFou's... that would be a tough choice. The Dole Whip would probably win just on sentimental value.

But, which one did I bring home with me and which one am I trying to find a homemade recipe of?... the pumpkin juice. That stuff is beyond delicious.

bgraham34

I enjoyed the brew but I can't compare it too Butterbeer since I have not had it. I certainly have had tastier concoctions but still enjoyable.

bubbles1812

#1 Pumpkin juice
#2 Lou fou's brew
#2 Butterbeer

All I would buy again. Found all three quite easy. Yes it was a tie between Butterbeer and Lou Fou's. the pumpkin juice was a pleasant surprise to me. My mom also tried all three and gave her vote to the Butterbeer

WDWFREAK53

Butterbeer and Lefou's Brew really are completely different.
If you want a fruity drink, go for Lefou's...if you want a creamy drink, go for Butterbeer.

That being said, if I had the opportunity to only have one...I'd go with Butterbeer. (And I don't really like cream soda).

MissAlmyra

I managed to have both the drinks on my last trip. I really enjoyed both of them, but it's hard to compare a sweet/creamy drink with a tangy fruit one!
The frozen Butterbeer was lovely, but it upset my stomach a bit. It might have been too early in the day for a sweet frozen drink.
The LeFou's brew is very rich and extremely sweet. One was definitely enough for the day. However, it did make me extremely hyper during the late EMH! Gave me the burst of energy I needed.

darthspielberg

I can't speak to LeFou's Brew, but I dislike the Butterbeer flavor. I am not huge on that kind of cream soda-ish type, so it doesn't do anything. I think Apple flavored is up my alley (although I'm curious about the new foam thing. What is with Disney's new obsession with foams?)

That said, isn't LeFou's Brew just a port from Carsland over in DCA?

ryguy

Truthfully they are very different and I don't think you can compare them really. I like LeFou's Brew better. It's sweeter and more unique. I would get it again. Butterbeer I would not again. But I am probably in the minority on this one.

MikeTaylorSound

For my first post, I will say that enjoyed both drinks. They are very different, though.

LeFou's Brew is more like a non-alcoholic, cocktail with fruit flavor and slushy consistency.
Butterbeer is more like a liquid Werther's Original that has marshmallow foam on top.

Cliff Racer

I tried it and liked it but question if it was worth the price in the same way butterbeer was. But that has far more to do with the drink's presence in the books than the actual drink's taste. I don't think you'll ever beat butterbeer in that sense unless you get a signature dish from another media entity. Just making up a drink or plucking one from obscurity will not work, no matter how good it is.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
For my first post, I will say that enjoyed both drinks. They are very different, though.

LeFou's Brew is more like a non-alcoholic, cocktail with fruit flavor and slushy consistency.
Butterbeer is more like a liquid Werther's Original that has marshmallow foam on top.
Welcome. You're usually safe having your first post in a food/drink topic. Stay out of Park News and Rumours until your skin has thickened up a bit.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
My Sister-in-law keeps asking me when we are going back, so she can have another "Fool's brew".
I think she ended up liking it as much as her beloved Dole Whip float.
While she fetches her drink, I think I'll hang around out front and catch up with my new best friend, Gaston.
"NO, I WILL NOT MAKE OUT WITH YOU LATER, LADY!!"

KatMaria

I am so addicted to Lefou's brew it isn't even funny. Once I step into MK, I have to get at least one, maybe two throughout the day. I guess it all depends on your taste pallet, I did not like Butterbeer at all, frozen or unfrozen. I'll just stick on my Lefou's brew. Yummy.

michmousefan

Butterbeer and Lefou's Brew really are completely different.
If you want a fruity drink, go for Lefou's...if you want a creamy drink, go for Butterbeer.

That being said, if I had the opportunity to only have one...I'd go with Butterbeer. (And I don't really like cream soda).
Especially when comparing the frozen versions, Butterbeer is less sweet than LeFou's. I'm not big on overly sweet drinks (the "Regular" Butterbeer is also quite sweet), so I'll also go with the <frozen> Butterbeer. LeFou's wasn't bad... just very sweet. And the integration between the "drink" and the "head" works better with Butterbeer, too. LeFou's really doesn't need it.

disneyfan1995

I've had both Frozen Butterbeer and Lefou's Brew and I have to say that I equally like both of them. Lefou's brew was nice and sweet whereas the frozen butterbeer had more of a cream soda like taste. They're both excellent beverages and I find myself craving them quite a lot!

OFTeric

Personally I thought it was too tart and sweet for my personal liking. I could not get the taste out of my mouth for a week.

But I understand why some people might like it.

Prototype82

What I would do for a Le Fou's brew right now... I'm too lazy to check and see if it's been mentioned before in this thread, so I'll just mention it. They greatly improved the illustrations on the steins. And for those who feel like they have to rant about how "cheap-looking" a 5 dollar souvenir cup is: get over it. Those cups are hella dope and I love to drink my Pabst in mine.

Mrs Potts

We'll get the chance to sample all 3 for the first time soon. From what I'm reading here, I'm not sure I'll like the butterbeer as I'm not a fan of cream soda or butterscotch, but I'll at least try it. LeFou's sounds more like something I woud like. It will be interesting to compare the two. Oh who am I kidding, I'm just excited that we're going and will have the chance! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom