League of Dreamers: Brainstorming Thread

Flippin'Flounder

Alright gang, let's try and knock this one out of the park. I feel like we can get very creative with this land.

An old village reclaimed by the jungle...hmm what if we designed an island type setting...perhaps something that was settled by European pirates in the 1400s, who built a settlement on the island that has since been abandoned due to a storm or something like that, where now the island is deserted. That way, instead of going for the tropical vibe that most Adventurelands use, we'd be able to tie into DisneyManOne's story, and also relate more to our Fantasyland and castle, which have European influences.

The Haunted Mansion could be themed to the island "king's" mansion...where perhaps we can include how the house has a dark history...something like Lord of the Flies keeps coming to mind.

Pirates...gonna be tough to top Shanghai...but I think we can do it. Just gotta work together!

In regards to the show, I'd go with Jungle Book..just because it seems to fit the vibe DMO set up.

Restaurants and shops can be the final touches, as they don't need to be too descriptive since the focus is on the attractions and land.

Those are my first thoughts, would love to hear what you all think.
I think it would make more sense to go with Tarzan, as it has European characters. One of the restaurants needs Dole Whips!

mickeyfan5534

Well, for the show, all three have been used in the parks to varying success and Tarzan was and Lion King is still on Broadway, with The Jungle Book in the works.
Jungle Book:

Lion King:

Tarzan:

Let's make a choice on that first.

spacemt354

Chili's
Well, for the show, all three have been used in the parks to varying success and Tarzan was and Lion King is still on Broadway, with The Jungle Book in the works.
Jungle Book:

Lion King:

Tarzan:

Let's make a choice on that first.

I forgot about Journey into Jungle Book.

Hmm..DMO said that it just had to be a
Disney jungle show...if we wanted to do something that has been done, but not in a show format...what about Swiss family Robinson?
Swiss_family_robinson322.jpg

IAmNotAHufflepuff

I would go with Jungle Book since it fits better than Lion King in Adventureland (the jungle), and is more of a classic than Tarzan.

I'm developing a backstory for Haunted Mansion as we speak.

One last thing; I might want to include another D/E ticket in Adventureland and I'm debating between two ideas. Should I make a Flying Carpet Aladdin Dark Ride or a new version of Indiana Jones Adventure?

spacemt354

Chili's
I'd a
I would go with Jungle Book since it fits better than Lion King in Adventureland (the jungle), and is more of a classic than Tarzan.

I'm developing a backstory for Haunted Mansion as we speak.

One last thing; I might want to include another D/E ticket in Adventureland and I'm debating between two ideas. Should I make a Flying Carpet Aladdin Dark Ride or a new version of Indiana Jones Adventure?
Any show is fine by me, and you bring up a good point about jungle book being more classic. Plus the new film is coming out too.

For the additional ride...hmm...I might consider something original non-IP based. Adventureland is great because there's so many ways you can take it. Have to think about that one

JokersWild

So, this could be incredibly interesting. Just an idea I'd like to throw out quickly before we get into anything too serious.

What if we tied this land around the Jungle Cruise? What I'm proposing is that our Adventureland take place in the 1950s. The Jungle Cruise, which, in our universe, ran from 1919 to 1936, has shuttered its doors as a result of the Great Depression/ World War II, leaving the rather sizable chunk of land seated oh so perfectly in a basin in central Africa abandoned for about 20+ years. The jungle has reclaimed much of the land, leaving only shades of what this sprawling complex dedicated to exploration and discovery once was. Oh my god I'd love to see an abandoned Jungle Cruise dock with half-sunken ships. That could be incredible. Perhaps an attraction of sort could go there. A walkthrough? Perhaps part of the queue for HM?

Haunted Mansion could play into this rather well. Perhaps the mansion of the despotic owner of the Jungle Cruise Co. (or something to that effect) left abandoned and overtaken by various spirits of African/ Western lore.

Of course, pirates is still a question. Perhaps it could be a semi-separate mini land? Perhaps some sort of abandoned jungle outpost if nondescript origin, a la DLP? I dunno.

Like I said, very rough, but I think it would be incredibly cool/ unique. It's definitely something I'd like to develop further at least.

IAmNotAHufflepuff

I like Joker's idea, and it could work relatively well although we may have to sacrifice a Jungle Cruise attraction.

I also think the idea of making the Pirates attraction into a separate sub-land is a good idea, since it's not like there were any pirates in the middle of the Congo right?

Speaking of which, I propose making Pirates of the Caribbean the park's water flume attraction. We could have both the dark ride portions and thrill elements to enhance the experience. Should we make it unique and turn it into a flume attraction, or should we stick more to the original attractions (Orlando, Shanghai, etc.).

JokersWild

I like Joker's idea, and it could work relatively well although we may have to sacrifice a Jungle Cruise attraction.

I also think the idea of making the Pirates attraction into a separate sub-land is a good idea, since it's not like there were any pirates in the middle of the Congo right?

Speaking of which, I propose making Pirates of the Caribbean the park's water flume attraction. We could have both the dark ride portions and thrill elements to enhance the experience. Should we make it unique and turn it into a flume attraction, or should we stick more to the original attractions (Orlando, Shanghai, etc.).
I think it would be worth sacrificing Jungle Cruise for, honestly. We could definitely have hints of it around as the structure would still exist, were we to go with my story.

I mean, there are African pirates, but nothing we can make a ride out of.

I'd be ok with a more thrilling pirates. All I ask is that we don't base it off of the films.

MonorailRed

Applebees
I forgot about Journey into Jungle Book.

Hmm..DMO said that it just had to be a
Disney jungle show...if we wanted to do something that has been done, but not in a show format...what about Swiss family Robinson?
Swiss_family_robinson322.jpg

Love this idea!

There's pirates in the movie... We can Really have the Theater divide the Pirates mini-land and the Jungle Cruise Adventureland.... It'll make everything blend perfectly!

So, this could be incredibly interesting. Just an idea I'd like to throw out quickly before we get into anything too serious.

What if we tied this land around the Jungle Cruise? What I'm proposing is that our Adventureland take place in the 1950s. The Jungle Cruise, which, in our universe, ran from 1919 to 1936, has shuttered its doors as a result of the Great Depression/ World War II, leaving the rather sizable chunk of land seated oh so perfectly in a basin in central Africa abandoned for about 20+ years. The jungle has reclaimed much of the land, leaving only shades of what this sprawling complex dedicated to exploration and discovery once was. Oh my god I'd love to see an abandoned Jungle Cruise dock with half-sunken ships. That could be incredible. Perhaps an attraction of sort could go there. A walkthrough? Perhaps part of the queue for HM?

Haunted Mansion could play into this rather well. Perhaps the mansion of the despotic owner of the Jungle Cruise Co. (or something to that effect) left abandoned and overtaken by various spirits of African/ Western lore.

Of course, pirates is still a question. Perhaps it could be a semi-separate mini land? Perhaps some sort of abandoned jungle outpost if nondescript origin, a la DLP? I dunno.

Like I said, very rough, but I think it would be incredibly cool/ unique. It's definitely something I'd like to develop further at least.

Love this idea! Seriously, I think this is a great way to have an Adventureland backstory!

HM wise, I think we could tie the story into another SEA member. (I'm thinking the guy in the middle with the giant mustache or the guy on the far right)
sea1.png

I think it would be worth sacrificing Jungle Cruise for, honestly. We could definitely have hints of it around as the structure would still exist, were we to go with my story.

I mean, there are African pirates, but nothing we can make a ride out of.

I'd be ok with a more thrilling pirates. All I ask is that we don't base it off of the films.

d32036c56ae65f62ca405abed4cc21b1.jpg

I think we could do something cool here.... In this concept... Instead of a cruise they have a "Jungle Gardens" I think we could really play with that.... Maybe the spirits caused a drought at the dock or something? So now you can walk the forbidden gardens.Maybe even tie in an interactive game to the gardens!

mickeyfan5534

SEA is my favorite ever backstory for Disney Parks ever (to the point where I would be in full favor of tying the entire park into it) so I am in full favor of tying the mansion in. Perhaps making the owner a partner of Harrison Hightower?

JokersWild

Love this idea!

There's pirates in the movie... We can Really have the Theater divide the Pirates mini-land and the Jungle Cruise Adventureland.... It'll make everything blend perfectly!

Love this idea! Seriously, I think this is a great way to have an Adventureland backstory!

HM wise, I think we could tie the story into another SEA member. (I'm thinking the guy in the middle with the giant mustache or the guy on the far right)
sea1.png

d32036c56ae65f62ca405abed4cc21b1.jpg

I think we could do something cool here.... In this concept... Instead of a cruise they have a "Jungle Gardens" I think we could really play with that.... Maybe the spirits caused a drought at the dock or something? So now you can walk the forbidden gardens.Maybe even tie in an interactive game to the gardens!
Absolutely. jungle Gardens could be incredibly interesting. Perhaps it could play into HM as well? I also love SEA. I wasn't going to suggest it because I've been focusing on it way too much, but I'm totally down for including it. In terms of the main character, I was thinking of going with someone completely original. Someone in similar vein to Hightower and Bullion to complete the SEA trifecta. Give me a few hours and I'll post a general backstory and we can decide from there.

mickeyfan5534

The female SEA member in that portrait is really standing out to me for some reason. Maybe she could be the former runner of the Jungle Cruise/Gardens? Just spitballing.

JokersWild

The female SEA member in that portrait is really standing out to me for some reason. Maybe she could be the former runner of the Jungle Cruise/Gardens? Just spitballing.
That would be Captain Mary Oceaneer (who is referenced around the Oceaneer Lab on the Disney Fantasy and Dream.) I don't think she would really work. That's just me, though.

IAmNotAHufflepuff

For the Haunted Mansion, maybe the queue can go through the Jungle Gardens before leading directly into the Mansion preshow.

I think the Haunted Mansion backstory should go something like this:

Mr. Sage (Sage is French, the official language of the Congo, for wise.) was once the proud owner of the Jungle Cruise company. Every day, countless tourists would board his company boats to go on tours to explore the beautiful Congo rain forest. Unfortunately for Mr. Sage, the nature spirits of the Congo didn't like his business all too well. One night, the spirits warned Mr. Sage to stop sending guests into the rain forests and leave them and the creatures of the forest free from observation. In an act of arrogance, Mr. Sage refused, wanting to keep his business afloat. The spirits got angry at him, and poor Mr. Sage was sent flying out the manor window into the river below, into the mouths of two hungry crocodiles. The spirits, in an act of revenge, continue to haunt his former manor, now falling into disrepair, before unknowing tourists (park guests) enter the halls of the mansion.

Any suggestions?

spacemt354

Chili's
For the Haunted Mansion, maybe the queue can go through the Jungle Gardens before leading directly into the Mansion preshow.

I think the Haunted Mansion backstory should go something like this:

Mr. Sage (Sage is French, the official language of the Congo, for wise.) was once the proud owner of the Jungle Cruise company. Every day, countless tourists would board his company boats to go on tours to explore the beautiful Congo rain forest. Unfortunately for Mr. Sage, the nature spirits of the Congo didn't like his business all too well. One night, the spirits warned Mr. Sage to stop sending guests into the rain forests and leave them and the creatures of the forest free from observation. In an act of arrogance, Mr. Sage refused, wanting to keep his business afloat. The spirits got angry at him, and poor Mr. Sage was sent flying out the manor window into the river below, into the mouths of two hungry crocodiles. The spirits, in an act of revenge, continue to haunt his former manor, now falling into disrepair, before unknowing tourists (park guests) enter the halls of the mansion.

Any suggestions?
I like this backstory! I think it would go well with the backdrop Jokers and others have set up. Nice job!

I too like the SEA backstory...but I'm thinking we don't go so in the guest's face with it. Keep it subtle...perhaps have SEA be a theme throughout the park as a whole, but in easter egg fashion...to bump up our "detail" aspect for each land...which DMO likes and asks for in presentations.

mickeyfan5534

Maybe we could design the entire park as a lowkey sort of SEA museum? Each land has a small alcove not found in the park maps that explains the importance of each attraction. Encourages guest exploration while tying the whole park together in a unique way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom