League of Dreamers: Brainstorming Thread

Sam Magic

To add on Mickeyfans' idea, maybe it could look like this, only with the Hyperion Theater and the Chinese Theater (GMR) added to it.

hb.jpg
LOVE THIS PICTURE

Sam Magic

Let's see:

.Short montage of Lumiere films (ending in the famous train leaving the station.)
.A Trip to the Moon - Georges Melies
.Silent Comedies
.Modern Times or The Jazz Singer?
.The Movie Musical ('30s, Black and White)
.Citizen Kane
.The noir (Maltese Falcon?)
.Wizard of Oz
.Gone With the Wind
.Technicolor
.Something else
.Godfather?

That's all I've got right now. There are a ton of other things we could do, that's just what I can think of up to the '70s off the top of my head.
What are some modern classics?

Scratch that:

PHANTOM MENACE

JokersWild

Some modern classics (1971-present) would be films like Star Wars, Titanic, Avatar, Jurassic Park, etc.

I like Jokers idea of classic films.
Can't do Jurassic Park, as that's owned by Universal.

I feel as though Star Wars should have a large presence, but I also feel that it's too obvious. Not entirely sure what else we could do, though. Avatar would work, obviously. Titanic would be an interesting one. As much as it pains me to say it, Frozen would probably be a good addition as well. What about Who Framed Roger Rabbit? I feel as though we should have a horror film in there somewhere as well. And an example of a modern comedy. The question is what.

spacemt354

Chili's
Can't do Jurassic Park, as that's owned by Universal.

I feel as though Star Wars should have a large presence, but I also feel that it's too obvious. Not entirely sure what else we could do, though. Avatar would work, obviously. Titanic would be an interesting one. As much as it pains me to say it, Frozen would probably be a good addition as well. What about Who Framed Roger Rabbit? I feel as though we should have a horror film in there somewhere as well. And an example of a modern comedy. The question is what.
Horror film... maybe Psycho?

Modern comedy is a tough one. But Airplane for classic comedy might be a good one.

JokersWild

Horror film... maybe Psycho?

Modern comedy is a tough one. But Airplane for classic comedy might be a good one.
Actually. Yeah. What about a Hitchcock scene? Could be interesting. Psycho was shot on the Universal backlot, but I believe it was produced by Paramount, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem to get the rights. Rear Window could make for an absolutely incredible set. It would be cool to end it with Vertigo, I feel.

And this has given me a thought. What if we went abstract with this? We could still go chronological, but the ride could be much grander, focusing on eras and genres. Essentially, each scene would be a montage, if that makes any sense. I need to figure this idea out fully, but you guys still get the gist.

Clover Bailey

Let's see:

.Short montage of Lumiere films (ending in the famous train leaving the station.)
.A Trip to the Moon - Georges Melies
.Silent Comedies
.Modern Times or The Jazz Singer?
.The Movie Musical ('30s, Black and White)
.Citizen Kane
.The noir (Maltese Falcon?)
.Wizard of Oz
.Gone With the Wind
.Technicolor
.Something else
.Godfather?

That's all I've got right now. There are a ton of other things we could do, that's just what I can think of up to the '70s off the top of my head.

Maybe (if Disney got the permission) to represent the 1980's with Ghostbusters, since it was a very successful comedy.

spacemt354

Chili's
Me too. I think we have a general sense of where we are going with the project.

I'd say a good idea would be to finalize what we want to do by tomorrow, and then begin to split up the work. There's a lot of us, so just as long as we are all on the same page, we each don't have to do a lot.

JokersWild

Just going to put it out there now that I would be totally happy taking on GMR. I think I know what I want to do with it, if that lines up with what you guys were thinking for it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom