League of Dreamers: Brainstorming Thread

Sam Magic

Personally, I think the city of Seville, Spain could serve as a fantastic inspiration for the castle and fantasyland
Elaboration with pictures...because pictures make everything better:

Plaza de Espana, Seville
Paisaje_de_Espa%C3%B1a.JPG

Seville (Maybe we could mix this with some Art Deco architecture to give it more of a Hollywood feel):
seville.jpg

Moorish Architecture, Seville (would work well for a restaurant with an outdoor courtyard):
Patio_de_las_doncellas.jpg

Church of El Salvador, Seville (could add some depth and excitement to our skyline with that dome)
Church_of_el_salvador_seville_spain_2.jpg

Catedral de Seville (that bell tower could be a great clock tower for a train station)
Sevilla_Cathedral_-_Southeast.jpg

Milan Train Station (Reminds of some of the more Art Deco buildings in LA, this station was built in the 20's/30's)
central-station-of-milan.jpg

Brer Panther

I like the idea of the Great Movie Ride starting with Steamboat Willie. Maybe Star Wars could be the biggest scene, and the one before the finale, like the Wizard of Oz is in Florida's version? Maybe we could be stopped by Darth Vader rather than the Wicked Witch of the West?

mickeyfan5534

I honestly think that The Golden Mickey's is the perfect matching of show to theme for Hollywood Boulevard and there's so much potential create and change easily with the show that it could run for as long as possible as long as the show keeps on being updated and changed. I love Seville so I'm all for doing an area close to the castle inspired by Seville and maybe some Portuguese architecture as well, maybe as our version of Shanghai's Gardens of Imagination with a huge hub and a huge castle that almost envelops it.

Last edited:

IAmNotAHufflepuff

I don't think we should keep the Spanish architecture for the whole park, as it's hard to mix Disney Princesses and Spanish cathedrals together.

I like the Plaza de Espana best. Maybe we could put the gardens in the big, round open space and have the sides be the entrances to the other lands. (Adventureland to the left, Tommorowland to the right, etc.)

Also, a simple California train station works better than my modernist idea. Hollywood that Never Was is certainly a better theme than 2015 Hollywood.

One last thing... Who is going to write up the proposal?

Sam Magic

I don't think we should keep the Spanish architecture for the whole park, as it's hard to mix Disney Princesses and Spanish cathedrals together.

I like the Plaza de Espana best. Maybe we could put the gardens in the big, round open space and have the sides be the entrances to the other lands. (Adventureland to the left, Tommorowland to the right, etc.)

Also, a simple California train station works better than my modernist idea. Hollywood that Never Was is certainly a better theme than 2015 Hollywood.

One last thing... Who is going to write up the proposal?
Typically it's a mix of everyone writing the proposals.

I also don't think it's hard to mix Disney Princesses and Spanish Architecture together, Spanish architecture is European and the Princesses are for the most part European.

IAmNotAHufflepuff

The Red Car Trolleys work perfectly for the land, so that has been decided.

I have amassed a list of a consensus of ideas we should expand on-

. Spanish-style Castle (specifics un-decided.)
. Golden Mickeys in Hyperion Theater.
. Red Car Trolleys
. Great Movie Ride Sequence.

Flippin'Flounder

What if, instead of Fantasyland behind the castle, we made it the unique land, and it could be Spanish themed? There could be great opportunity for unique rides there. Just a thought.

JokersWild

What if, instead of Fantasyland behind the castle, we made it the unique land, and it could be Spanish themed? There could be great opportunity for unique rides there. Just a thought.
That's not something we should really focus on quite yet. We're focusing on Main Street, and have no idea what DisneyMan wants us to do for Fantasyland.

Sam Magic

The Red Car Trolleys work perfectly for the land, so that has been decided.

I have amassed a list of a consensus of ideas we should expand on-

. Spanish-style Castle (specifics un-decided.)
. Golden Mickeys in Hyperion Theater.
. Red Car Trolleys
. Great Movie Ride Sequence.
Yeah, we need to figure out how we want this boulevard to look though..are we calling it California St. ?

mickeyfan5534

It's Hollywood Boulevard per the prompt, but I like the idea of a street Walt would have walked down when he first arrived in Hollywood for the look.

Clover Bailey

I think in the French Pavilion in Epcot, instead of Ratatouille, they should make a Hunchback of Notre Dame suspended dark ride. Anyone have any cool ideas for it?

spacemt354

Chili's
I think in the French Pavilion in Epcot, instead of Ratatouille, they should make a Hunchback of Notre Dame suspended dark ride. Anyone have any cool ideas for it?
Sounds good. You can start your own thread about it!

This thread is brainstorming about a new theme park with Hollywood Blvd acting as Main Street

JokersWild

Sooooo, what movies should we have on the Great Movie Ride?
Let's see:

.Short montage of Lumiere films (ending in the famous train leaving the station.)
.A Trip to the Moon - Georges Melies
.Silent Comedies
.Modern Times or The Jazz Singer?
.The Movie Musical ('30s, Black and White)
.Citizen Kane
.The noir (Maltese Falcon?)
.Wizard of Oz
.Gone With the Wind
.Technicolor
.Something else
.Godfather?

That's all I've got right now. There are a ton of other things we could do, that's just what I can think of up to the '70s off the top of my head.

spacemt354

Chili's
Let's see:

.Short montage of Lumiere films (ending in the famous train leaving the station.)
.A Trip to the Moon - Georges Melies
.Silent Comedies
.Modern Times or The Jazz Singer?
.The Movie Musical ('30s, Black and White)
.Citizen Kane
.The noir (Maltese Falcon?)
.Wizard of Oz
.Gone With the Wind
.Technicolor
.Something else
.Godfather?

That's all I've got right now. There are a ton of other things we could do, that's just what I can think of up to the '70s off the top of my head.
That's a great list. Maybe we could fit some Kubrick in there? 2001: A Space Odyssey?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom