Last day for the torch lighting at the Polynesian

DisneyWorld30th

I agree, Disney is not forthcoming about this sort of thing.

In all seriousness though, if you do think it will interfere with your stay (and I agree, I wouldn't want to pay to stay in a construction zone either) you probably still have time to change resorts.

I will see what the boss wants to do about this (my wife). I'd prefer not to stay at a Resort with construction and closed amenities (Arcade, Dole Whip, etc).

I am curious if they will give me a free upgrade to GF or Contemporary tower.

ryguy

This whole 1% complaining is for the birds. The hotels on the monorail have always been more expensive, and well they should. Location, Location, Location, right? Besides the top 1% are staying in suites, not a standard view garden room.
Listen the changes that are going on at the Polynesian are divisive because if your not a DVC member the changes are not all that great. Basically the resort is getting cut in half as far as available rooms to the general public. Then they are building bungalows that are not only ugly, but completely change the look and feel of the resort as well as the 7 seas lagoon. Not a big fan of them fencing in the pool either. I know why they are doing it, but it will change how that area looks and feels.
The Poly has always had a loyal following so any major changes are going to cause some negative reaction. I love the Polynesian and for the most part I hate that it has to change, but it is what it is. I will most likely voice my displeasure by choosing not to stay at the resort. But to suggest that Disney shouldn't cater to the wealthy is absurd. There are far more value and moderate priced rooms than Deluxe priced rooms. So I don't understand your complaint.

Any new pics of those wonderful bungalows?

tikiman

Original Poster
This whole 1% complaining is for the birds. The hotels on the monorail have always been more expensive, and well they should. Location, Location, Location, right? Besides the top 1% are staying in suites, not a standard view garden room.
Listen the changes that are going on at the Polynesian are divisive because if your not a DVC member the changes are not all that great. Basically the resort is getting cut in half as far as available rooms to the general public. Then they are building bungalows that are not only ugly, but completely change the look and feel of the resort as well as the 7 seas lagoon. Not a big fan of them fencing in the pool either. I know why they are doing it, but it will change how that area looks and feels.
The Poly has always had a loyal following so any major changes are going to cause some negative reaction. I love the Polynesian and for the most part I hate that it has to change, but it is what it is. I will most likely voice my displeasure by choosing not to stay at the resort. But to suggest that Disney shouldn't cater to the wealthy is absurd. There are far more value and moderate priced rooms than Deluxe priced rooms. So I don't understand your complaint.

Any new pics of those wonderful bungalows?
I posted a few on my Facebook page. I have a bunch I need to load to my album on my site.

Some stuff at the entrance to the lobby got boarded up today. There has been some delays to lobby construction but it should still be soon. Tokelau also is in the process of being cleared out.

ryguy

I posted a few on my Facebook page. I have a bunch I need to load to my album on my site.

Some stuff at the entrance to the lobby got boarded up today. There has been some delays to lobby construction but it should still be soon. Tokelau also is in the process of being cleared out.

Cool I will check it out!

Marijil

Jealousy is a green eyed monster.

actually.......that's Maleficent

Maleficent-in-Sleeping-Beauty-maleficent-17278741-853-480.jpg

Ray B

Every year when we go to Disney we go to visit my daughter's favorite character, Stitch, for breakfast at 'Ohana. Like many families we really don't stop long enough to enjoy the little things. From reading the various threads on this site I learned of the imminent demise of the waterfalls at the Polynesian. This year when we walked in I made sure that we took our time. We walked around the entire lobby. We took in the sights and the smells. I even took pictures in front of it and videotaped my walk around. It really does pay to stop and smell the roses sometimes and this was certainly one of those occasions. I told my wife that they would be taking away the waterfall and she just couldn't understand it. She said coming in and seeing it and smelling its aromas made you feel like you were in Hawaii. I know things have to change and that it was expensive for maintenance but I hope they put something in its place that invoke the same feeling.

briandoc

oh man! how depressing. i got to this page on a google search for something else and I too didn't know about the Poly waterfalls. We've been going to WDW and staying on and off resort since it opened in 1971. My vacation isn't complete until walking into the Poly and seeing those waterfalls and smelling the aromas and walking around the pool areas. We eat there regularly as well. Wow, so disappointing from a nostalgia point of view. Seriously bummed out at the news.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom