Large Piece Falls off Monorail - Being Evacuated

Sonconato

Good to hear, because after riding the monorail over the weekend I think I am done with it for awhile. They had the heaters running inside! Between that and the bad condition in general, its just become something I dont want to be on anymore. And I dont understand why it can't have a narration like it use to, surely that doesn't cost them money. They have continued to take away details like this. There was no narration whatsoever. I wish they would change it back to the prior one before this boring computer voice, all it says is next stop magic kingdom, that was all, nothing else. The prior one described things and what you were seeing around the Seven Seas Lagoon, this is what use to set Disney apart, but now we get nothing.
Agreed. As of Saturday at 11:00 pm, we got the heater treatment and the smells. Always a real treat on a hot night.

Notes from Neverland

It is amazing how big of an impression a negative monorail experience has on a one-time, non-frequent visitor. One I know had a good trip, but couldn't get over how the monorail had a distinct urine smell and was an overall gross experience. That one experience covered up several good experiences. Work is clearly being done on some monorails, but it's not quick enough.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I big piece of my IQ fell off... brain cells are being evacuated. The bad spelling was probably because of budget cuts.
DF31BpZXgAAPB42.jpg

SoupBone

Good to hear, because after riding the monorail over the weekend I think I am done with it for awhile. They had the heaters running inside! Between that and the bad condition in general, its just become something I dont want to be on anymore. And I dont understand why it can't have a narration like it use to, surely that doesn't cost them money. They have continued to take away details like this. There was no narration whatsoever. I wish they would change it back to the prior one before this boring computer voice, all it says is next stop magic kingdom, that was all, nothing else. The prior one described things and what you were seeing around the Seven Seas Lagoon, this is what use to set Disney apart, but now we get nothing.

No narration at all? What's become of the monorail?

Figment2005

I'm sorry you had a bad experience but I need to correct a few things. A: The trains do not have heaters in the cars, only the cabs for defogging purposes so the heaters were definitely not on. It was probably hot and the AC couldn't keep up. B: The trains still have their full narrations, but it can be buggy at times. As a matter of fact if you ride the Epcot line a narration regarding "ensuring the guests follow directional signs" that has been missing for years is back in place. The volume could have also been low, or if there were other guests in the car it could have been drowned out. I get that the monorails need work, but I am noticing a lot of exaggeration when it comes down to their true condition. A train could run for 14 hours and have 5 minutes of downtime, but if a guest only experiences that 5 minutes then suddenly the system is falling apart. Please try to keep everything in perspective.

aladdin2007

I'm sorry you had a bad experience but I need to correct a few things. A: The trains do not have heaters in the cars, only the cabs for defogging purposes so the heaters were definitely not on. It was probably hot and the AC couldn't keep up. B: The trains still have their full narrations, but it can be buggy at times. As a matter of fact if you ride the Epcot line a narration regarding "ensuring the guests follow directional signs" that has been missing for years is back in place. The volume could have also been low, or if there were other guests in the car it could have been drowned out. I get that the monorails need work, but I am noticing a lot of exaggeration when it comes down to their true condition. A train could run for 14 hours and have 5 minutes of downtime, but if a guest only experiences that 5 minutes then suddenly the system is falling apart. Please try to keep everything in perspective.

excuse me but I am not exaggerating anything. I am there two or three times a month and have noticed the state of the monorails is not improving so yes that is my perspective on it, they are not in good shape. As to the narration the cab was empty, the volume was not low or being drowned out. On the occasions it does work its a simple statement that says now arriving at the magic kingdom, or the specific resort, that's not a full narration. It use to be a detailed narration that described things around the seven seas lagoon, the history of the area, even the wilderness lodge after leaving the contemporary but they removed all of that quite awhile back sadly. Its been a boring computer voice format that just says what your arriving at, when it works, since the prior change however many years ago its been now. A lot of guests probably don't care or notice or knew of those kinds of details but it use to be so much better. As for condition, maybe they don't have heaters but it feels like a heater blowing hot air out whatever it is, and that is unacceptable. The ac has not been working in most of them I don't know how long now, too long. The urine smell people complain of I have not gotten, but because of the hot air there can definitely be bad odors. I have seen the monorails continue to worsen in the last several years, they can say whatever they want that they have been working on them, but I have yet to see any evidence of it.

Figment2005

excuse me but I am not exaggerating anything. I am there two or three times a month and have noticed the state of the monorails is not improving so yes that is my perspective on it, they are not in good shape. As to the narration the cab was empty, the volume was not low or being drowned out. On the occasions it does work its a simple statement that says now arriving at the magic kingdom, or the specific resort, that's not a full narration. It use to be a detailed narration that described things around the seven seas lagoon, the history of the area, even the wilderness lodge after leaving the contemporary but they removed all of that quite awhile back sadly. Its been a boring computer voice format that just says what your arriving at, when it works, since the prior change however many years ago its been now. A lot of guests probably don't care or notice or knew of those kinds of details but it use to be so much better. As for condition, maybe they don't have heaters but it feels like a heater blowing hot air out whatever it is, and that is unacceptable. The ac has not been working in most of them I don't know how long now, too long. The urine smell people complain of I have not gotten, but because of the hot air there can definitely be bad odors. I have seen the monorails continue to worsen in the last several years, they can say whatever they want that they have been working on them, but I have yet to see any evidence of it.
Okay, but Orange, Blue, and soon to be Gold would like a word.

BoarderPhreak

I rode Grey a couple of days ago and it was... Meh. The A/C was barely functioning and the usual wear and tear everywhere.

Nevertheless, it was cool - as riding the monorail always is. :)

P.S. No narration. ;) Covfefe FTW!

bhg469

It is amazing how big of an impression a negative monorail experience has on a one-time, non-frequent visitor. One I know had a good trip, but couldn't get over how the monorail had a distinct urine smell and was an overall gross experience. That one experience covered up several good experiences. Work is clearly being done on some monorails, but it's not quick enough.
NYC has that same smell on a warm day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom