Large Piece Falls off Monorail - Being Evacuated

MCast

Original Poster
Sites are reporting a large piece fell off the Monorail Blue near Epcot and is being evacuated.

Let's hope nothing falls off the forthcoming gondolas such as the cabins.

Last edited:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
https://twitter.com/iOSTrade/status/875764848369561601

DCdXet-WAAAEUlS.jpg

Kamikaze

Regardless of the actual part that came off, the fact that the fiberglass is what gave way make me wonder if there was specific damage to that area, or is this a sign that the current shells have reached the end of their practical lifespan.

I think they are beyond what they were originally planned for already. They are approaching 30 years old and none of the other versions have been around for much more than 20. The Mark Vs at DL started in 87 and were replaced in 08, nearly 10 years ago - when the Mark VIs started in 89 and are still going in 17, and have a much higher rider count than DLR.

FigmentFan3

My first WDW trip was summer 1972 staying at the Contemp. I think the monorail left the greatest impression on me out of the whole trip - now it is like a failing infrastructure project.
It's so iconic. To me, the future will always be the Mark VI monorail. Painful to see. It has often been said that when marching bands perform on Main Street, they tell the members to perform like it's a kid's first time seeing your instrument. Wish that philosophy rang a little more true around property.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom