Trip Report It's Two, Two, TWO Trips in One! *COMPLETED*

Title reference for those of you younger than dirt ~

Got it? Good!

This trip report is somewhat unique and calls for a different kind of introduction. This, as you may recognize, is a picture of me and my significant other.

IMG_7324.JPG

I invite you, if you dare, to follow along on a lengthy adventure that includes three resorts, lots of flowers, exotic food and a Fruber (a what?) Because this report travels directly to.........the Tuvalu Zone.

amjt660

Premium Member
Tuvalu,
Please tell me another PTR or TR is on the way

You give me great setups - I need a straight (wo)man for my act!!!

But seriously, fun TR as always - loved the two TR's in one.

And now the bar is raised

Three peat - Three peat - three peat!!!

If the Penguins can go for it - so can you

Max

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Thursday, con't

Let's end this episode of the Tuvalu Zone with a proper conclusion, shall we?

Mom and I picked up our carry-ons from Bell Services and went to the food court for a drink.

Did my TiW card work?
Of course not. But after three tries the CM smiled at me and said, "This one's on Mickey!"

IMG_7300.JPG

I'm not sure what possessed me to take a picture of my free drink.

The food court must have received the "Code Shirley" @fractal because the place was cleared out for us.
IMG_7299.JPG

All too soon it was time for us to head outside and wait for the Tragical.

And this time it was coming for me.

IMG_7301.JPG

Thanks for tuning in, folks! I appreciate all your comments, jokes and observations.

Anyone besides @amjt660 interested in a Three Peat?

Kiwiduck

At this point it's like a thousand degrees out and had I been in charge we would have boarded an air-conditioned bus to take me to that wonderful ledge in the Hippy Dippy pool.

But it wasn't about me.

Instead we boarded a very warm boat for a very long ride to Epcot.
View attachment 209859

@MinnieM123, entering via the International Gateway again!
View attachment 209860

Mom wanted to "do the countries" since we'd only seen Canada, Mexico and Norway the other day. She didn't reveal her ulterior motive until after we'd gone through the gate.

"I want a lemon scone," she announced. Apparently she had gone through the F&G food booklet!

I found us a shady table while she waited in line.
View attachment 209861
(The U.K. CMs also had received the "Shirley MacLaine" code.)

I was thankful Mom bought a couple bottles of water with her scone. So hot. So thirsty.

Scones do nothing for me but Mom said this was very good.
View attachment 209862
That doesn't look like any scone I have seen with icing on top of it! Glad your mum liked it though.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
"Woody! Woody! Woody!" (Oh wait . . . we already covered that discussion a few pages back. :p )

The good thing about the end to your TRs, is that WE ALL KNOW another one will follow very soon afterwards! ;)

This particular TR with your mom was a classic, and it's one of my favorites to date. :joyfull:

Another thing about your TRs (that someone else mentioned some time ago), is that you always present a balance of the good, and the not so good. Yet, you're very resourceful and always manage to make the best of every situation. I think sometimes that people go on vacation and either expect or assume that all will be perfect. Then they get really let down if one thing isn't right. I always admired your attitude of just going with the flow, and keeping a positive outlook on the bigger picture.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Look what's happened to the kiosk that used to sell bracelets, necklaces and earrings from recycled park maps. :arghh:

View attachment 209895

I made many purchases at the Bead Outpost. The jewelry was unique, inexpensive and best of all helped the environment (recycling) and the poverty-stricken laborers who crafted each item.

I guess Flower and Garden merchandise is a better seller. :rolleyes:

The sun was taking a toll on us and we needed refreshment. We did not stop in China, and we passed by Norway and Mexico since "we did those countries already."

Remember the ice cream Mom didn't have at 50s Prime Time? The opportunity had arrived to satisfy her craving. She got a large waffle cone and found a bench to relax on and enjoy her ice cream. At last!

And since we were in the neighborhood, I couldn't resist another one of these, @sheriffwoody!
View attachment 209896
Look how my Violet Lemonade matches the purple flowers in the background. :happy:
And this time I used a spoon!

We lingered on the bench for awhile, people-watching and gathering energy for the long trek to the bus stop. Pop's bus stop is the last (and furthest) bus stop at Epcot, for those of you unaware. I pondered ordering an Uber, but I thought the pick-up spot was in the same area as the Pop stop....so that wouldn't eliminate any steps. (It would have, however, eliminated our long wait for a bus!)

We arrived back at Pop more than 11 hours after we'd left. We were exhausted, too tired to even step outside our room to watch the Star Wars fireworks. :jawdrop:

It had been another great Disney day.

Oh I do hope that's not permanent!! This was the one souvenir I was looking forward to!! Recycled park ticket jewelry is just my style!

Whose bright idea was it to book a FP for Big Thunder Mountain immediately following a big lunch....with ice cream?

Mine.

I did suggest riding the train to Frontierland to save us some walking.
View attachment 210065

I did not expect it to be 25 minutes between trains! :eek: Typically trains are 7 minutes apart.

Finally!
View attachment 210066

A family of five sat on the bench in front of us. The man turned to his young children and proclaimed, "We're gonna take a train ride around the park and see EVERYTHING!!"

Obvious Newbie.

Mom and I disembarked in Frontierland so we didn't get to hear the children's reactions when the train returned to Main Street following the grand circle tour.

@Longers, I kept my promise!!
View attachment 210067

Bonus ~ enjoy my "artsy" pic! (Was it accidental? I'm not saying.)
View attachment 210068

We haven't been before so I was wondering if you could enlighten me about the train thing? We weren't planning on taking the loop to "see it all" but now you have me super curious. When you take the train around, do you just see a lot of backlot stuff?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
We haven't been before so I was wondering if you could enlighten me about the train thing? We weren't planning on taking the loop to "see it all" but now you have me super curious. When you take the train around, do you just see a lot of backlot stuff?
The train has three stations: Main Street, Frontierland and Fantasyland. You can board and disembark at any station you choose. You can also stay on the train as long as you like (helpful when it's raining!)

You don't get to see much (if any) backstage stuff. Disney has intentionally camouflaged roads, show buildings, etc. but has added a few surprises (like the Indian village) to keep guests entertained. You get a good view of Big Thunder Mountain, a quick peek of Splash Mountain and a decent view of Tomorrowland. Nothing like the "whole park!" comment I mentioned.

I think your daughter will like it. It's a people-eater (good for the crowded Christmas season) and it's nice to have a (moving) park bench to rest your weary feet!

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
The train has three stations: Main Street, Frontierland and Fantasyland. You can board and disembark at any station you choose. You can also stay on the train as long as you like (helpful when it's raining!)

You don't get to see much (if any) backstage stuff. Disney has intentionally camouflaged roads, show buildings, etc. but has added a few surprises (like the Indian village) to keep guests entertained. You get a good view of Big Thunder Mountain, a quick peek of Splash Mountain and a decent view of Tomorrowland. Nothing like the "whole park!" comment I mentioned.

I think your daughter will like it. It's a people-eater (good for the crowded Christmas season) and it's nice to have a (moving) park bench to rest your weary feet!

We definitely plan on riding it a little bit! I want to take it from MSUSA to Frontierland on our last park day since we'll have a bit of a later start. I've read that there is a neat little play area for preschoolers under the platform at Frontierland as well! Thank you for your reply!

susan lees

What a lovely trip with your mum. I would love to bring my mum to our favourite place but unfortunately she can't do long haul anymore but she loves hearing about all of our adventures. Looking forward to your next trip. Thank you for sharing :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom