Trip Report It's Two, Two, TWO Trips in One! *COMPLETED*

Title reference for those of you younger than dirt ~

Got it? Good!

This trip report is somewhat unique and calls for a different kind of introduction. This, as you may recognize, is a picture of me and my significant other.

IMG_7324.JPG

I invite you, if you dare, to follow along on a lengthy adventure that includes three resorts, lots of flowers, exotic food and a Fruber (a what?) Because this report travels directly to.........the Tuvalu Zone.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
The trolley was parked in front of the train station. "Let's ride it!" Mom said.

View attachment 210015

Can you see who else was onboard with us @ajrwdwgirl?
View attachment 210016

These guys!! :inlove: :happy: :p :D
View attachment 210017
Of course this would be the day I'd encounter the Dapper Dans and I'm not wearing my DD shirt!!!:facepalm:

We were serenaded all the way down Main Street to the hub. A bit of morning magic.

Bye, Dapper Dans! And thanks!
View attachment 210018

So awesome that you got to ride with the Dapper Dans! I love when they are on the trolley with me. I also love the picture you took of the Daps walking into Liberty Square.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Mom always likes to visit the monorail resorts so we made sure to save some time on our last day for resort hopping.

IMG_7289.JPG

We took a beverage break at the Contempo Cafe before perusing Bay View Gifts (BVG).
IMG_7287.JPG

"I don't need to get off at the Poly," Mom announced when we were back on the monorail.
(Shocking that this woman is actually my mother!! :eek: :p)

So we got off at the Grand Floridian instead.

IMG_7290.JPG

IMG_7291.JPG

IMG_7292.JPG

We moseyed downstairs to check out the stores.

FullSizeRender.jpg

This was cute.
IMG_7293.JPG

As was this.
IMG_7297.JPG

IMG_7298.JPG

We had lingered a little too long at the GF to make it back to Pop in time using Disney transport.

Uber to the rescue!

The driver picked us up outside the lobby in less than 5 minutes. There was no loud singing to the radio on this trip to Pop ~ but being it was Mom's first Uber experience, that's probably a good thing. ;)

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
When Mom and I arrived at our room last night, it occurred to me that we had not received our "eviction notice" (;) @DisneyJeff) ~ our Tragical Express pick-up letter. If you've utilized DME, you know how critical the letter is ~ bus drivers refuse to allow you to board without the letter. (Why they just can't do a MagicBand scan like they do when you arrive is beyond me!) I called the front desk and explained we had not received our letter.

I'm thinking if you don't get your Disney Eviction Notice, you don't have to leave!!! (However, I'm not sure if management would agree.)

Time to burn our first FP.

img_7361-jpg.210030

@Tuvalu, you look so young in this picture. How often can you say that you were the youngest person on a ride at Disney!! :joyfull:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
We had a few minutes to kill before our lunch ADR. Mom suggested a ride on the Peoplemover: "Surely the escalator is working again by now."

It wasn't.

But we hoofed it to the top anyway.

When I was there in mid-May, it was broken as well. Come to think of it, when I was there in May, 2016, it wasn't working either! :rolleyes:

When our server returned, I requested a shake "as thick as you can make it!" (Yes, I prefer shakes that a spoon can stand upright in.)

Yah, I'm with you there on that one!! The best thick shakes are the ones that you need a knife and fork to cut through! :p

The next picture I meant to include on our DHS day. But I decided to place it here to prove that in 1996 I did not tower over my mama!

img_3596-jpg.210077

Love this photo of the two of you!! (What nice, clean white sneakers you both had. I remember those days! :D Glad they finally introduced colors to sneakers, in years later on. ;) )

LisaBelle

Because we hit Big Thunder at the end of our FP window we were able to immediately proceed to FP #3.

View attachment 210069
There had been some family discussion if the chess-playing pirates could still be seen from the queue. Yes!

View attachment 210070
Sure, she's smiling now....but when she got drenched by a big cannon blast that smile was nowhere to be found!

Look who I met at the exit to Pirates.........WDWMagic's favorite Good Morning America gal, @samantha788!!!
View attachment 210071
It was such fun to meet her in-person! We could only chat briefly since she had left her friends and Mom and I needed to head out of MK. Til we meet again, Sam! :happy:
I am loving your trip report. You and your mom are adorable. What a wonderful trip!
Yay! So happy you got to meet @samantha788! I really hope I am able to meet up with some WDWMagic friends on a future trip!

Matt and Kelly

The trolley was parked in front of the train station. "Let's ride it!" Mom said.

View attachment 210015

Can you see who else was onboard with us @ajrwdwgirl?
View attachment 210016

These guys!! :inlove: :happy: :p :D
View attachment 210017
Of course this would be the day I'd encounter the Dapper Dans and I'm not wearing my DD shirt!!!:facepalm:

We were serenaded all the way down Main Street to the hub. A bit of morning magic.

Bye, Dapper Dans! And thanks!
View attachment 210018

That is awesome! Always fun listening to the Them.

samantha788

Because we hit Big Thunder at the end of our FP window we were able to immediately proceed to FP #3.

View attachment 210069
There had been some family discussion if the chess-playing pirates could still be seen from the queue. Yes!

View attachment 210070
Sure, she's smiling now....but when she got drenched by a big cannon blast that smile was nowhere to be found!

Look who I met at the exit to Pirates.........WDWMagic's favorite Good Morning America gal, @samantha788!!!
View attachment 210071
It was such fun to meet her in-person! We could only chat briefly since she had left her friends and Mom and I needed to head out of MK. Til we meet again, Sam! :happy:
Yay!!!! It was so good to meet you, even if only for a few minutes!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I am absolutely loving this TR with your mom! I may or may not have teared up in a couple of parts just seeing how happy y'all are together.
We made a wonderful memory. :inlove: Thanks for following.

Wait, I have one question. Did you create your own Mother's Day card for your mom @Tuvalu?
No....I went to Hallmark because I cared enough to send the very best. :hilarious:

The best thick shakes are the ones that you need a knife and fork to cut through! :p
Love this photo of the two of you!! (What nice, clean white sneakers you both had. I remember those days! :D Glad they finally introduced colors to sneakers, in years later on. ;) )
@MinnieM123, we must have knife and fork shakes together some time! And just wait....those clean white sneakers may be back in vogue one day!

I am loving your trip report. You and your mom are adorable. What a wonderful trip!
Yay! So happy you got to meet @samantha788! I really hope I am able to meet up with some WDWMagic friends on a future trip!
Girl trips rock ;) And they are even better when you get to meet Magic friends!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
So awesome that you got to ride with the Dapper Dans! I love when they are on the trolley with me. I also love the picture you took of the Daps walking into Liberty Square.
I noticed they walked away from the trolley in formation and wondered if they always do? I had to take that picture as the scene was so quintessential Disney.

That is awesome! Always fun listening to the Them.
Even better to be serenaded on the trolley. :happy:

He's adorbs too! :inlove:
I hope you frame that pic of you and mom...it's amazing!!!
Which pic?

Great Trip Report!!! :) I'm happy you two had a great time!!
Well I rocked up to this very VERY late! Great TR @Tuvalu as always :)
Thanks for reading @WisDisneyFan and @Gurt!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm thinking if you don't get your Disney Eviction Notice, you don't have to leave!!! (However, I'm not sure if management would agree.)
@Tuvalu, you look so young in this picture. How often can you say that you were the youngest person on a ride at Disney!! :joyfull:
No eviction notice = No vacating room.....I like your thinking!
I had to go back and look at that ride photo....yeah, lots of white hair there!

No teasing about your celebrity status today (although being serenaded in the Trolley by the Dapper Dans? Really "Shirley").
Just a big thank you for a thoroughly enjoyable report!
I'll be waiting for you to return the favor. ;) :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom