Trip Report It's Two, Two, TWO Trips in One! *COMPLETED*

Title reference for those of you younger than dirt ~

Got it? Good!

This trip report is somewhat unique and calls for a different kind of introduction. This, as you may recognize, is a picture of me and my significant other.

IMG_7324.JPG

I invite you, if you dare, to follow along on a lengthy adventure that includes three resorts, lots of flowers, exotic food and a Fruber (a what?) Because this report travels directly to.........the Tuvalu Zone.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
The trolley was parked in front of the train station. "Let's ride it!" Mom said.

IMG_7227.JPG

Can you see who else was onboard with us @ajrwdwgirl?
IMG_7225.JPG

These guys!! :inlove: :happy: :p :D
IMG_7229.JPG

Of course this would be the day I'd encounter the Dapper Dans and I'm not wearing my DD shirt!!!:facepalm:

We were serenaded all the way down Main Street to the hub. A bit of morning magic.

Bye, Dapper Dans! And thanks!
IMG_7230.JPG

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
The trolley was parked in front of the train station. "Let's ride it!" Mom said.

View attachment 210015

Can you see who else was onboard with us @ajrwdwgirl?
View attachment 210016

These guys!! :inlove: :happy: :p :D
View attachment 210017
Of course this would be the day I'd encounter the Dapper Dans and I'm not wearing my DD shirt!!!:facepalm:

We were serenaded all the way down Main Street to the hub. A bit of morning magic.

Bye, Dapper Dans! And thanks!
View attachment 210018

W00t!! Spontaneity pays off! That last shot of the Dans walking away is spectacular.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Some very cool shots from above! Bravo!
I am finally caught up!!! Whew that was a lot of pictures! lol Loving reliving your trip and esp with your Mama! :)
Woody held his breath the entire ride.....he was afraid I might accidentally drop my phone into the water while I was taking pics! Thanks for following along.

And you can't just walk inside for the smell - you must buy!!! Last time we went we got the made on site Caramel Popcorn - it was SO GOOD!!! :hungry:
Agree ~ everything in Karamel Kuche is yummy! But smelling doesn't have any calories. ;)

I'm guessing Moana. :)
Snow White topiary picture..definitely makes one go "hmmm". (that's also a pop culture reference!)
Either of those nearmisses for Tuvalette would have been money well-spent, I think. The lamb is adorable.
That's a shame about the beads! Hope that's not permanent.
Love the coordinating Minnie shirts.
If it is Moana, I'm vindicated since I have not seen it. :D
But I can't place your pop culture reference either. :oops:
The lamb should have come home.
#Bringbeadsback
Appreciate the shirts compliment.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
We had a few minutes to kill before our lunch ADR. Mom suggested a ride on the Peoplemover: "Surely the escalator is working again by now."

It wasn't.

But we hoofed it to the top anyway.
IMG_7247.JPG

On our way to lunch we had to stop for an iconic photo.

PURPLE WALL!!!!
IMG_7249.JPG

IMG_7250.JPG

IMG_7251.JPG

Diane has been working the hostess stand for as long as I can remember. She's great.
IMG_7253.JPG

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
We were seated in the little round room. Love this room!

IMG_7255.JPG

IMG_7259.JPG

Oh Plaza, your prices are no longer the value they once were. :(
IMG_7254.JPG

Nine dollars for a milkshake??????!!!!!!!

The all-you-care-to-enjoy milkshake was on the menu at my last visit, but so was the usual "no refill" option which was three or four dollars cheaper. I can barely finish a regular milkshake ~ that's all I CAN enjoy. I asked our server if I could order a shake without refills.

"I'm sorry but no," she replied.
"Can you get a to-go cup for what you haven't finished?" Mom asked.
"Oh, absolutely!" our server answered.

When she walked away, Mom encouraged me to order a shake and the leftover "could be dessert." The incredible chocolate shake is the reason I dine at the Plaza.

When our server returned, I requested a shake "as thick as you can make it!" (Yes, I prefer shakes that a spoon can stand upright in.)

This is what I got.
IMG_7260.JPG

Bubbles? Thick shakes don't have bubbles! A spoon doesn't have to rest against the side of the glass in a thick shake! Thick shakes don't leave a runny mess on the table! :arghh:

I took a few sips and switched to water.

Mom raved about her fried green tomato sandwich. Her clean plate vouched for it.
IMG_7261.JPG

My cheesesteak was good, but I could only finish half of it. I was hoping Mom would want to share it with me but she had her heart set on the fried green tomato Sammie.
IMG_7262.JPG

amjt660

Premium Member
Nope, it was non-alcoholic.

Senior moment here, Max......need help with the reference. :oops:
If you have to explan it.....

So here goes

You said: Your Welcome
So I said: and thank you!!!
upload_2017-6-14_14-49-47.png

then you said you knew where you wanted to go

So I asked but do you know how far?
upload_2017-6-14_14-51-46.png

1000 points for @Tiggerish

And I got the Arsenio Hall reference

Max

Last edited:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Our lunch was interrupted by Fire Chief Smokey Miller.

"I'm here on behalf of the Mayor of Main Street, Christopher George Weaver!" he bellowed. "The Mayor stayed out a little too late last night at a poker game. He entrusted me with the honor of selecting the Junior Mayor of the Day. That person is right here in this restaurant!"

IMG_7264.JPG

The winner was a little girl seated in our room.

IMG_7265.JPG

She received a "Golden Fastpass" for one attraction and the family had their picture taken with the Fire Chief. Smokey interacted with the girl for quite a while and kept calling her "Your Honor". It was sweet.

IMG_7268.JPG

Meanwhile our server popped by to check on us and asked if I wanted another shake.
"Only if it is thick," I said.
She noticed I had barely touched the first one and apologized. "My favorite shake maker is here now," she said. "He can make it thick for you."

The replacement shake was nice and thick and up to my usual standard. Problem was I was full and could barely drink half of it.

"Get a to-go cup!" Mom reminded me.
Now from Mom's first mention of a to-go cup, I assumed SHE was the one going to drink it. It would be HER dessert.

I was wrong. "I'd like a brownie sundae," she told our server.

Again, this pic does not reflect the true size of this sundae. It had TWO large brownies, in addition to two scoops of ice cream, hot fudge and chocolate pieces.
IMG_7263.JPG

"Tuvalu, eat some of this," she instructed.
What?? I am already too stuffed to finish my shake! "No thanks," I said politely.
I did not ask for a to-go cup.
Mom did ask for a box for the second brownie. She ate everything else.

LeighM

I don't like milkshakes that aren't thick bc they melt way too fast. I forgot where I was but I ordered a vanilla milkshake and it was watery and had no flavor at all. It was more like slightly flavored milk :depressed: They said something was wrong with their milkshake machine and I was like "why didn't you tell me that when I ordered the darn thing?!"

93boomer

Premium Member

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Whose bright idea was it to book a FP for Big Thunder Mountain immediately following a big lunch....with ice cream?

Mine.

I did suggest riding the train to Frontierland to save us some walking.
IMG_7270.JPG

I did not expect it to be 25 minutes between trains! :eek: Typically trains are 7 minutes apart.

Finally!
IMG_7271.JPG

A family of five sat on the bench in front of us. The man turned to his young children and proclaimed, "We're gonna take a train ride around the park and see EVERYTHING!!"

Obvious Newbie.

Mom and I disembarked in Frontierland so we didn't get to hear the children's reactions when the train returned to Main Street following the grand circle tour.

@Longers, I kept my promise!!
IMG_7273.JPG

Bonus ~ enjoy my "artsy" pic! (Was it accidental? I'm not saying.)
IMG_7274.JPG

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Because we hit Big Thunder at the end of our FP window we were able to immediately proceed to FP #3.

IMG_7280.JPG

There had been some family discussion if the chess-playing pirates could still be seen from the queue. Yes!

IMG_7281.JPG

Sure, she's smiling now....but when she got drenched by a big cannon blast that smile was nowhere to be found!

Look who I met at the exit to Pirates.........WDWMagic's favorite Good Morning America gal, @samantha788!!!
IMG_7283.JPG

It was such fun to meet her in-person! We could only chat briefly since she had left her friends and Mom and I needed to head out of MK. Til we meet again, Sam! :happy:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
We stopped for a couple pictures before browsing in the Emporium.

IMG_7363.JPG

IMG_7365.JPG

The next picture I meant to include on our DHS day. But I decided to place it here to prove that in 1996 I did not tower over my mama!

IMG_3596.JPG

In the Emporium there were racks of Farewell Wishes tees. The last performance was tonight.
IMG_7269.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom