Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

DisneyRoy

I think it depends moreso on what they do for Seasons of the Force and how close to the premiere of Force Awakens that they plan to start it...

When is Seasons of the Force occurring though? Last I heard we still didn't know. If Disney was smart, they would be in May and June and just replace the Star Wars weekends.

WhatJaneSays

I've met people and seen people post about not wanting the hat to go, and they seem to always have one thing in common, having never been to the park before the hat got there.
Well my parents and aunt must be outliers: they'd been to that park many times pre-hat and all three were quite sat to see it go.

cookiee_munster

Seeing as The Chinese Theatre is the parks weenie, it really should be the theatre.

But now the park is trying to go down a different direction, shouldn't it be something different? i think using the Tower Of Terror as the parks icon really isn't that great, because its not unique to the park anymore seeing as Towers have sprung up in other Disney parks.

maybe something with the essence of the 1930's art deco look. or is that too reminiscent of the park "it was"?

its a bit of a head scratcher tbf. i think until we know the proper direction the park wants to take, and of course when the name change does occur, then it may seem a little easier to finally choose an icon for the park...

Cesar R M

While I was at MCO Today I had a chance to go to Disney's Ear Port where it seems they can't figure out What the heck the Icon is on Merchandise anymore....

One Shirt shows the Sorcerer Hat
DSC03366_zpsiu3ssc4n.jpg

The Other The Earfile Tower
DSC03367_zpsdkozmhzx.jpg

And lastly the Sweatshirt Shows Tower of Terror..
DSC03368_zps5javsfvw.jpg

Sheesh Mickey Make up your mind!
giphy.gif
all are of the current year?
could it be older stock?

Cesar R M

DHS has a more convoluted lot of icons then DCA. There's the Earful Tower and the Theater which have been competing since the beginning, the ToT which has been there a long time but only became an icon after the hat left, and the hat itself. That's like, four icons in its' history. I'd say the theater should be the main one, though. It's the thing you see from the opening stretch of the park, and it's impressive, fitting and memorable. ToT is good but "haunted hotel where you fall to your death" doesn't sound like the best icon for a Disney Park, and I've always found Earful Tower lame as you can hardly even see it from the park.
Well, I think the point is that you can see it from the road TO DHS and to MagicKingdom/Epcot.

Goofyernmost

DHS has a more convoluted lot of icons then DCA. There's the Earful Tower and the Theater which have been competing since the beginning, the ToT which has been there a long time but only became an icon after the hat left, and the hat itself. That's like, four icons in its' history. I'd say the theater should be the main one, though. It's the thing you see from the opening stretch of the park, and it's impressive, fitting and memorable. ToT is good but "haunted hotel where you fall to your death" doesn't sound like the best icon for a Disney Park, and I've always found Earful Tower lame as you can hardly even see it from the park.
You can now... real clearly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom