Imagination! Being Replaced w. Dr. Doof?

Todd H

I've never had the chance to ride the original ride. I heard when it first opened it was amazing but technical difficulties with the ride system caused it to be scaled back. I'm sure after all of these years they could finally solve these issues and bring back the original ride in all of its glory. But this is WDW we're talking about. Don't think they'd spend the money necessary to make this happen.

ryguy

I would rather see Pixar concentrated in one park, preferably the Studios. Surely they can come up with something original for the imagination pavilion.

FigmentJedi

I am really not enjoying these additions to the parks based on newer tv cartoon characters. It feels a lot more Six Flags like than classic Disney, maybe I am just hoping Disney can go back to the way it was.
I don't mind TV characters in the parks, but it seems pointless to add them in extended terms when Disney doesn't really treat any of their animated shows with a lick of respect. They don't do complete season box-sets (except for the miracle of Weekenders seeing the light of day this week on DMC) and when they do release shows these days they are just barebones Movie Club exclusives, they canned the Disney Afternoon comics that Boom was doing, and they don't really do anything to keep characters in the public eye once a show is cancelled. On the totem pole that is Disney media, the only thing lower then animated shows is comics.

As much as Disney is pushing Phineas and Ferb, when the show is cancelled, it won't be long for another thing to come along. Doing a full pavillion overlay seems wasteful in that regard.

HatboxGhost

Replace Captain EO! And put Phineas and Ferb 3D movie!
Captain EO has lasted all of these years......sure it left for some time but its back and it seems pretty popular....my wife and I love it. By the time they put in a P&F movie, they will be old news and forgotten and something new will have caught the eyes of children.

beachlover4444

I just done like when the grab onto the newest "IN" thing and make it an attraction. Eventually that fades and you have a quickly outdated attraction. Creating something original like FIGMENT was the best. I'm watching my 1996 vacation right now and I just did Figment and am on to listening to Food Rapper and the rest of Food Rocks and I'm laughing so hard. I hate when they revamp the oldies. Maybe with newer technology is ok but the original idea was the best. Update, not complete revamp with new characters please.

beachlover4444

I don't mind TV characters in the parks, but it seems pointless to add them in extended terms when Disney doesn't really treat any of their animated shows with a lick of respect. They don't do complete season box-sets (except for the miracle of Weekenders seeing the light of day this week on DMC) and when they do release shows these days they are just barebones Movie Club exclusives, they canned the Disney Afternoon comics that Boom was doing, and they don't really do anything to keep characters in the public eye once a show is cancelled. On the totem pole that is Disney media, the only thing lower then animated shows is comics.

As much as Disney is pushing Phineas and Ferb, when the show is cancelled, it won't be long for another thing to come along. Doing a full pavillion overlay seems wasteful in that regard.
completely agree. I just wrote that in another post. Figment was original. Stick to something original that doesn't get outdated so fast.

beachlover4444

There is a reason people remember Dreamfinder and the original Figment. They and what they stood for were timeless. It truly saddens and sickens me that Disney has gone away from this and even considers putting in ideas that will be forgotten soon after the show ends
We're losing to much of Epcot. I am watching my 1996 vcr tapes and Food Rocks and Cranium Command and Figment and I miss the wonders of life pavilion. If you want to fix something, reopen that one. with or without sponsor partner.

beachlover4444

FIGMENT!! FIGMENT!! FIGMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and bring back Dreamfinder while your at it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
COMPLETELY AGREE. We lost wonders of life pavilion and Cranium Command and Food Rocks so please don't keep updating and changing attractions. If you want to upgrade the technology, that's ok but not the original ideas of what made EPCOT the amazing place it is. Put in some new ride technology in China or something to give a little boost to that area besides food and drinks. I don't wanna be paying to get into a park just to eat and drink for 12 hours with nothing to do.

awoogala

I love P&F and doofenschmirtz. Give them their own new thing.
Stop just redoing the few rides we have left!
Put imagination back the way it was and should be.
So tired of never getting new rides, just redoing the ones we have.

bcampione

Original Poster
I was also around/nearby/present on a few of the multiple occasions when major execs were walking around Imagination over the past few months... and it wasn't Phineas and Ferb that I was hearing about. It may be worth noting that many of the people present have been Pixar higher-ups, including Lasseter. What I heard is that the pavilion may revolve around a certain upcoming Pixar film involving the inside of the mind (and directed/conceptualized by a close friend of Tony Baxter... Hmmmm...).

Also, for what it's worth, using the upstairs of the building will be a major priority for the next refurb. Assuming they can get some of the evacuation/fire code issues worked out.

I get get behind this as well. Again, what was mentioned to me was only an overhearing, and I figured I'd bring it up and see what people knew.

Someone also wrote that P+F should remain at DHS. If you are talking about a musical with P+F in it, then sure. But technology? Building? Imagination? Epcot is totally the place should anything come of it being based more on their projects or Doofs'.

I do have to say that Marketing-wise, the P+F may be good for Disney seeing as the full length movie is coming out in 2014, though, again, character driven. I bet it isn't Heinz driven like my friend told me, however, who knows what is actually brewing in the minds of the Imagineers.

Also, thinking about it, the concept of the interactive post-show does sound like fun. Takes me back to years yonder when we would be in there for a good amount of time playing with all the set-ups they had. Nowadays, if we spend 5-10 minutes, that is a lot.

kaifers

F&P all ready have a pretty big presence with their World Showcase "game", I don’t think we are going to see them in Future World.

I know we will never get back the original Imagination ride. But how cool would it be to get Imagination 2.0? Start with Dreamfinder and Figment as central to the story and just totally rebuild the story from there. The queue could give up the back story of the original ride/story, but the ride its self make a totally new experience. This solution would make everyone happy. The nostalgic would be happy to have Dreamfinder back. The casual guest would be happy with something new to see and the season pass holders would be happy if Disney made a mind blowing attraction with some new technology. Disney needs to do something epic, the time is right.

Calvin Coolidge

I like P&F but its popularity ends about a year after the show is cancelled, which is what, two years from now? TV shows do NOT make sustainable theme park attractions the way classic movies do. Heck, a lot of popular movies are just pop culture touchstones that become relics of another era (See "Audience, Honey I Shrunk the"). Especially cable shows, and ESPECIALLY Disney cartoons. Almost all traces of Disney Afternoon (beloved, high quality television) are now mostly gone from the parks (what's left, Gadget's Go Coaster in DL's Toontown?), and Who Wants to be a Millionaire? and Kim Possible are gone, too. TV shows are better suited for temporary experiences like the Agent P and Kim Possible mission things in WS.

I'd much rather see a Figment cartoon than a Phineas & Ferb dark ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom