Imagination! Being Replaced w. Dr. Doof?

WDWFanDave

My family is definitely a fan of P&F, but I too do not wish to see Journey Into Imagination re-themed for them. However, the thought that they may work the Pixar film into the equation definitely piques my interest. It's being directed and produced by a couple of the guys from UP!, and with those credentials, IMO, it could be terrific. And, who knows, since it's a movie about going inside the mind, perhaps we could return to the Journey Into Imagination pavilion, and see Dreamfinder and Figment integrated and updated...seeing that dreaming takes place in the mind, too.

In any case, please do something wonderful with such a formerly amazing place. I want a reason to go back, and until I get one (or more), my family vacations will likely not include WDW (and I've been going since 1979, in case anyone from corporate is reading this).

Just my two cents worth :)

Bryner84

I was also around/nearby/present on a few of the multiple occasions when major execs were walking around Imagination over the past few months... and it wasn't Phineas and Ferb that I was hearing about. It may be worth noting that many of the people present have been Pixar higher-ups, including Lasseter. What I heard is that the pavilion may revolve around a certain upcoming Pixar film involving the inside of the mind (and directed/conceptualized by a close friend of Tony Baxter... Hmmmm...).

Also, for what it's worth, using the upstairs of the building will be a major priority for the next refurb. Assuming they can get some of the evacuation/fire code issues worked out.

This might be the next best thing to an original attraction, especially if it is simultaneously developed with the film. Seems to be more of a design impetus rather than cashing in on a film franchise. From what little we know about this Pixar project, an associated attraction could have the potential to be relatively high brow and stick to the original intent of the pavilion...as long as it brings back the educational component rather than resorting to cheap tricks like blowing skunk farts in our face. Some Imagination, huh?

tracyandalex

I definitely see how it can fit. Like many others I would be sad to lose Figment, but I also don't see why he couldn't also be incorporated. I would think though that the attraction would have to be P&F based, not Doof based. I get that some folks think P&F doesn't have the lasting appeal, but being the Imagination Pavilion, shouldn't it be being re-imagined every so often anyways.

awoogala

Unless they are looking at ways of IMPROVING the imagination pavilion WITH Figment/Dreamfinder leave it alone. There is still an unused pavilion already built waiting for something to be put it! Use that one before even thinking of taking Figment out!!!!
seriously, so many unused areas right now! so many shuttered empty areas. why tear down what little we have, instead of making something new? I do not understand why you would do this! Take on wol and make it world of doof, I don't care, but don't take a working ride out, when there is empty spacee.

alphac2005

I see some folks commenting that since Imagination stinks now, why not? That's a scary place to be as a fan. Our expectations should be that they create the right attraction, not an attraction.

Um, Family Man makes your profile the ultimate avatar on WDWMagic. ;)

tomman710

You know what really "grinds my gears" ...

Is that I just don't care anymore.

I love Figment more so than a lot of traditional Disney characters, I love the original Imagination, probably top 10 attraction of all time for me ... but if the choice is leave Imagination how it is (so ... do nothing) or replace it with P&F ... then I'd pull the trigger to put a bullet in Figment myself. These parks need forward progress desperately and WE need attractions that are sure fire hits if we expect to see more attractions in the future ... or so I think.

Either way I am sick of caring about what about this or this and I am really sick of complacency ... JUST DO SOMETHING. (P.S. I am also annoyed that I just said "just do something" ... )

alphac2005

If this is even a remote possibility, it would follow the formula of Disney always coming up with a concept and executing the attraction as something is on the downside or way out. Millionaire!, American Idol, Kim Possible, you name it, the attraction gets built as the popularity of the given entity wanes.

Do any of our insiders think that the fact that Tony Baxter has been pushed to the curb that we're pretty much guaranteed the end of Figment whatever century it might be that the abysmal ride gets replaces? With his public comments, it would seem that the current WDI management would have no interest in enhancing and returning quality to what was Baxter's baby most likely out of pure spite and/or the edict that every new attraction must be a tie-in to some Disney property in television or film.

bubbles1812

Does Disney really think P&F has the kind of lasting power to build an entire attraction around them?
That was my first thought when I read the OP. Seems like quite the risk considering how things change over time. I actually really like Phineas and Ferb. It's one of the few redeemable shows on the trash that is the Disney Channel. But at the same time... Will people really remember it 15, 20 years from now the way they do Mickey or Chip and Dale ect? Really unsure. And for me personally, id be upset if figment went away.

Matt7187

Dear Lord…

NO!!

But after I think it through, it would make sense. Even after the show is canceled, the characters are still imaginative and its not like it would be based on the whole show, but just one character, Dr. Doof. Even though he wouldn't be that well known with the public, he is still a funny character and kids would live him! Even though I would prefer something else, at least it is something AND it isn't the worst they could do.

muteki

I could go for a re-theme and re-do of imagination IF I see that the whole of the show space is effectively used (this includes the whole bottom floor, upstairs, and theater) AND the concept is a good, original idea. I'm okay with giving up DF and Figment if we can get a complete Imagination pavilion in return.

I don't necessarily dislike F&F but I don't think it fits there either. Taking an existing property and pushing it into the pavilion isn't exactly "Imagination" either.

Yankeesfan5

If they want to use a popular existing property, then P+F is the right way to go. However, I feel that using an existing property is the wrong way to go with this.

TylerFG

Well, usually, I'd use this video to sum up my two cents on the subject matter:

But, I'm kinda mixed about this. Yes, I do love Figment, and I consider the current version to be a guilty pleasure (THERE. I SAID IT.), and I really do enjoy the original 1982 version from Martin's video tribute to it and the Imageworks, but honestly, the place is dead. It could use something new to spark new life to it, but you all remember the last time we lost Figment and the infamous "One Little Spark", and that wasn't pretty. Don't get me wrong, P&F isn't that bad of a show, and if it was done right (I'd rather it be the the title characters helming the attraction.), it could turn out to be decent, but I really don't know if scrapping Figment and possibly "One Little Spark" would work out a second time.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Well, usually, I'd use this video to sum up my two cents on the subject matter:

But, I'm kinda mixed about this. Yes, I do love Figment, and I consider the current version to be a guilty pleasure (THERE. I SAID IT.), and I really do enjoy the original 1982 version from Martin's video tribute to it and the Imageworks, but honestly, the place is dead. It could use something new to spark new life to it, but you all remember the last time we lost Figment and the infamous "One Little Spark", and that wasn't pretty. Don't get me wrong, P&F isn't that bad of a show, and if it was done right (I'd rather it be the the title characters helming the attraction.), it could turn out to be decent, but I really don't know if scrapping Figment and possibly "One Little Spark" would work out a second time.
Quadruple LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom