Imagination! Being Replaced w. Dr. Doof?

Lee

Adventurer
P&F are original Disney creations, aren't they? They aren't classic Disney, which could be what you mean, I guess, but I think they are original in that they were not created by someone else and licensed by Disney for use in the parks..
No, I mean not taken from any existing franchise and stuck into an attraction. Original as in Figment, Skippy, etc.
I have no love for dumbing down an attraction by relying on the popularity of toons. I'm looking at you, Nemo...

Figments Friend

IJust keep it the hell out of my Imagination pavillion though. Maybe take it to the Studios

Agreed.

NO character overlays needed.
Disney already has two fantastic character leads that are under-utilized for the Pavillion.
Create something timeless....not timely.

P&F will be forgotten in a few years, whenever the next Disney Channel animated series is starting to be marketed. Then we will be left with a terribly dated attraction....like the currant UoE.

Folks love Figment, and have been clamouring for Dreamfinder for years now.
Disney KNOWS this.
Seen the merchandise lately over the past few years?
Yep...retro is in, but it also shows they are well aware of how much people love these characters and miss that once great experience they could have at JII.

I am not going to suggest bringing back the *old ride*...as genius and wonderful as that was, we all know that simply cannot be done now.
Let it rest peacefully in the past...savored for the glory it was.

No, i would like to see something new and amazing...something that faithfully captures the SPIRIT of that past attraction, but in a new, exciting, and engaging way.
New tech and new ride systems could be implemented here big time to help tell the story.

FigmentJedi

I was also around/nearby/present on a few of the multiple occasions when major execs were walking around Imagination over the past few months... and it wasn't Phineas and Ferb that I was hearing about. It may be worth noting that many of the people present have been Pixar higher-ups, including Lasseter. What I heard is that the pavilion may revolve around a certain upcoming Pixar film involving the inside of the mind (and directed/conceptualized by a close friend of Tony Baxter... Hmmmm...).

Also, for what it's worth, using the upstairs of the building will be a major priority for the next refurb. Assuming they can get some of the evacuation/fire code issues worked out.
Wouldn't The Inside Out be a better fit for Cranium Command and a reworked Wonders of Life? It is essentially Cranium Command: The Movie

ID3052

Do you think there is a certain age cohort that feels that "attractions exuded quality and story from every pore?" Because my first visit to EPCOT Center was in 1985 and I was 10. I was blown away and it just resonated with me long after the vacation ended. I know this only anecdotal and a WDW fan board isn't best sampling frame, but I feel like those of us who truly felt Epcot was so special seem to be Gen Xers.

I don't post up much as I like to try to keep my posts meaningful but I felt like this was one of those occasions...

My first visit was in 1992 when I was 5. I remember EPCOT being a long day, yes, but it was Future World that really resonated with me. I have fond memories of The Seas, The Land, WOL, and Imagination! To this day, I still visit Imagination each trip just to see Figment, even if it is a shadow of it's former self.

At first, I wasn't a P&F fan, but it has grown on me. Doof being my favorite character. I'd hate to see another building in EPCOT go the way of The Seas, but, if it gets kids using their imaginations again, then I can live with it as long as it's done right and they reopen ALL of Imageworks.

I'd HATE to see Figment go, as he's a huge part of my childhood and Disney experience but, in reality, it's hard to stop the inevitable...

Figments Friend

I was also around/nearby/present on a few of the multiple occasions when major execs were walking around Imagination over the past few months... and it wasn't Phineas and Ferb that I was hearing about. It may be worth noting that many of the people present have been Pixar higher-ups, including Lasseter. What I heard is that the pavilion may revolve around a certain upcoming Pixar film involving the inside of the mind (and directed/conceptualized by a close friend of Tony Baxter... Hmmmm...).

Also, for what it's worth, using the upstairs of the building will be a major priority for the next refurb. Assuming they can get some of the evacuation/fire code issues worked out.

Thanks for sharing Mark.
Encouraging, although i am not a fan of character overlays at EPCOT.
Nice to hear about the upstairs coming out of mothballs. Long overdue...but better to wait for something truly worthy of the Pavillion then just fill it with filler.

Figments Friend

All of that said, it just FEELS like a cop-out for something great. The previous spirit of EPCOT that really aimed to educate, entertain, and (most importantly) inspire does not seem to be in the realm of possibility if P&F take over this pavilion. Cute, fun, entertaining, all possible. Educate and inspire? Not at all.
Completely agree.

hiptwinmama

I absolutely love P&F, but I agree... they do not belong in EPCOT. Keep Figment and the ride track, but gut the rest and start over, the current ride is no fun at all. And please bring back upstairs bigger and better! I long for the EPCOT of the late 80's and early 90's it was so freakin awesome!!!!

AndyS2992

When I first read this I thought it was a terrible idea.. But then I realised what a terrible ride Imagination is so I'd welcome this change (or any change for that matter) as long as it is futuristic in some way and sticks to Epcot's core values. They could also do with removing Captain EO while they are at it.

Lee

Adventurer

This is more in line with what I've been hearing.
They aren't going to base a multi-million dollar attraction redo around P&F. A Pixar feature, though....

DocMcHulk

This is more in line with what I've been hearing.
They aren't going to base a multi-million dollar attraction redo around P&F. A Pixar feature, though....
Imagination + the into the mind Pixar movie has me very intrigued. I wont pass judgement until I hear more about the movie.

PalisadesPkteer

Imagination has been getting some looks lately...

But personally....a big No Thanks to Phineas and Ferb. (Whoever they are. I couldn't pick them out of a line-up.)

I refuse to support any non-original toons in Epcot. Massive fail of an idea.

Agree with Lee on this one. Why not just fix the current ride with Figment and Dreamfinder re-inserted back to the original ride concept but even better. Then maybe use F&P as the basis for the 3-D show instead of Capt. Eo. And for heavens sake, do something with the upstairs. Have some area reserved and use this to have it like it used to be but with newer tech. etc. And some of the area as a restaurant overlooking WS, RW etc.

toasty

I heard a figment and dream finder show will replace captain eo.. Will this still happen??

I could get behind that. They really need to do something to replace that EO show, and giving Figment a new platform might be just the thing to ensure he gets a little more love than the "walk on" status he currently enjoys. Even though it was dark and loud in the theater, I could actually hear my wife's eyes rolling for the couple of minutes she was able to stay awake for Captain EO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom