I remember ....................

Patrick_Ears

When you could buy grape juice in the Magic Kingdom from some of he beverage stands. Might not seem like much but I do remember it being quite delicious and haven't seen it being sold for years! Funnily enough I remember as a kid (over 35 years ago probably) asking for coke one particular trip when my dad said "What drink would you like?". Being a typical dad he then ruined my entire life when he noticed that they had other options including fruit drinks and decided that "I had too many fizzy pop drinks and would have to have a fruit drink that day as it was much better for me" (you may remember back in the 70's kids were dropping dead all over the place from drinking coke ;))

Ironically after having my trip ruined, I discovered it actually tasted very nice (to this day I've never admitted this to my dad) but can't remember it being sold for more than a couple of years. So what obscure things do you remember that no longer seem to exist?

Speaking of grap juice.. was in like the shape of a grape and one like a apple?? Not sure if these was the same thing we talking about..

Patrick_Ears

Yep in MK. Great post that brought me back to the first time I was there. Funny part is they probably had more sugar in those than a soft drink. My parents thought they were healthier though. Lol

Yes i could recall those days. LOL!!! They had them in covered in ice and yes your right our parents was like drink this waayyy better then a coke.. I believe that had Orange, Lemon, Cherry and Grape. Ohh and i think green apple... correct me if I’m wrong.

fillerup

Johnny's Country Store - just off property on 535 near I-4. Dozens (probably hundreds) of CMs coming off shift stopping there for the 12 or 16 ounce "roader" for the drive home, and maybe a little party time in the parking lot.

Everyone was in their civvies because the costume had been turned in to Wardrobe for overnight laundering.

Fairybuzz

I remember there was a silly show at the end of wom with a bird and a robot? or something? It played from time to time I love spontaneous (or seemingly) stuff like that unannounced

I also remember a bus in epcot's world showcase.

A guy who did the preshow for fantasmic who tied me up with duct tape lol during a street performance.

Roger rabbit boxes that made wacky sounds when you opened them.

One time I got to drive the jungle cruise cuz no more seats were available where i could see over the tall teen guys that were there. (idk if things like that still happen)

Epcot fireworks in the daytime and a boat show

Disney afternoon show

Mickey Mania :p

Hyralators!!!

My dad screaming OH NO NOT IN THE HAYSTACK! on mr. toad lol

The Imageworks!!!!! that magical Philharmonic where the notes floated in the air when you waved your hands controlling the music. I'd make it go up and down all over. The stepping tones with the one everyone wanted to step on that went (deeply) BOING!!! That little sensory maze with the rainbow tunnel the holograms and that little circle where you could see all these airships flying around and one of them was a mickey mouse hot air balloon! I always looked for that one. I think you could hear figment and DF talking as well. There was also a cool thing where it took your picture and made all these silly noses and ears and stuff u can put on then at the end they had the "GRAND FINALE" where it all just went wacky and danced! I can remember the chirping noise the paint cannons made as if I just heard it. (There are birds here that make similar noises too thats how well I remember it. :p) And the blue screen where I'd ham it up! Sigh.....

Remember the magic parade with crowd participation!! (I was in be our guest!)

The cake castle

When all the characters roamed around....

Actually I remember an incident where I was with my cousin trying to get autographs and kids kept knocking us out of the way and pushing me down and then my cousin kinda plowed his way through the crowd to make room for me. I can see why they wouldn't want that happening again. It was still nice to have the feeling of them living there and the one time It was like a commercial when no one was around and I just walked up to mickey just me and him and got tons of pics.

jmorri26

Wow I think I remember those. Didn't they use to cut off the top to open them. And I do believe they were shaped as grape and apples.
I remember begging my parents for those but they didn't want to spend the money on them all the time.

I remember when the Confectionery was actually full of candy. Like wall to wall and souvenir boxes of loose candies and things. It was hard to move around, there was so much crammed in there. Every time I go in there now it just doesn't feel the same- all the wide openness and displays for premade treats:( It felt like I had to mentally prepare to go in there as a child, so we saved it for last day and each kid could pick one item!

danpam1024

When Merriweather Pleasure created an Adult's Only Island filled with Clubs called Pleasure Island and we could ring in the New Year each and every Night..
pin111000LARGE.jpg
:cry::cry::cry:
Such good times and better memories- how I miss PI

danpam1024

I remember:
Magnetron, The Memoribilia Shop and the Magic Shop on the West Side- I think I'm the only one whoever bought anything there LOL!
Tapestry of Nations parade
NYE at PI-EVERY night
The rotating floor at Mannequin's
The Adventurer's Club
When a balloon didn't cost $10-15 :eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom