I remember ....................

The Empress Lilly

I remember when the parking lot trams had that groovy brown/orange color scheme.
I loved that too!

Like so many pretty things, WDW is such a seventies baby! ^_^
The brown and oranges will forever look better than anything else, by virtue of it being the stylistic and period fit of the architecture and design, and of the general principles and ideas that are reflected in them.

zurgandfriend

I remember being able to walk up to most restaurants and get seated. For the others a phone call in the morning for a reservation that night was all that was needed, on our Disney-moon my DW said "Let's try the Bistro du Paris tonight." I called and got seated no problem. Now 180 days +10 is required.

mergatroid

Original Poster
I remember being able to walk up to most restaurants and get seated. For the others a phone call in the morning for a reservation that night was all that was needed, on our Disney-moon my DW said "Let's try the Bistro du Paris tonight." I called and got seated no problem. Now 180 days +10 is required.

I'm pretty sure at Epcot you'd reserve seating on the morning of your visit at the front of the park at booths with tv screens (like Skype but long before that existed)

Dj Corona

Well, other then my MNSSHP rant two pages ago, one other thing I REALLY miss is the old bus drivers if you stayed in a resort hotel.....they were charismatic, and very entertaining, and made the ride home after a long day at the parks feel a lot shorter!

Goofyernmost

America the Beautiful Circle-Vision 360--that feeling that you're inside the horse-drawn wagon as it rolls down the dusty lane.
Is that the one were they are going down a hill slowly and the horse loses its footing for a second and slides down the hill a little. I might be thinking of a different one because I thought that was about Old Montreal. If so... never mind!

Goofyernmost: It was more like a 19th-century-type United Statian main drag, maybe an Old West town, if 40+ year-old memory serves! An impressive effect back then, by any reckoning.

Goofyernmost

Goofyernmost: It was more like a 19th-century-type United Statian main drag, maybe an Old West town, if 40+ year-old memory serves! An impressive effect back then, by any reckoning.
Yup, obviously not the one I was thinking of... so carry on, I'll just slink back into the shadows. :)

Actually the more I think about it... it might even have been at the 1967 Worlds Fair in Montreal.

mergatroid

Original Poster
I remember when Disney-MGM Studios had actual soundstages and working production facilities. And, being a behind-the-scenes geek type, I absolutely loved it.

Yep, loved that concept myself too as I've posted in many other threads on 'MGM Studios'. The reality is that only really Indie and LMAX perform that role now and many complain that they're 'stale' (especially LMA which gets a ton of hate by many on here). My gosh, thinking back to when 'MGM' opened there was very little there really. However what there was, was great and it really seemed special.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom