I remember ....................

mergatroid

Original Poster
When there was a magic store on Main Street that was an attraction in itself.

That was a great store unkadog and I fondly and vividly remember it. My cousin bought a mask from there (not a plastic one but a latex like material one) of a creepy old mans face. I remember in the middle of the night in the hotel room all hell breaking loose when he scared his sister senseless with it :D

Cmdr_Crimson

When Merriweather Pleasure created an Adult's Only Island filled with Clubs called Pleasure Island and we could ring in the New Year each and every Night..
pin111000LARGE.jpg

CohibaMan

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and this really cool new movie featuring cutting edge "4D" technology called Captain EO. Man, they haven't had an attraction Like that in 25 years! o_O

Fox&Hound

I remember....
-Pluto stealing my brother's hat and we chased all down main street
-Figment and dreamfinder being roaming characters. Figment tried to eat my dad's camcorder
-Awful coffee before Starbucks came =)
-When Everest was being built (and it's still the latest attraction at AK according to the Magical express)
-Tommorland before Stitch had his own ride (sorry Stitch, I love you, but that ride has got to go)
-Honey I Shrunk the Audience
-The thrill of driving the antique cars with my mom when I finally had the feeling of driving for the first time =)

dave&di

When you could actually ride the extended, original version on the backlot tour.... I loved getting to see the Dick Tracy skit on the Streets of New York and getting to see the Golden Girls house!....
Not to mention seeing The New Mickey Mouse Club (if only I would have known then who those kids would become!)
I miss the old MGM so much it almost brings tears to my eyes!
My OH saw this tour years ago, he quite often talks about it, we've even watched a video on it, seemed fascinating! My first trip was in 2008 so I've only seen the pointless tour! The only thing worth seeing of the Backlot tour now is Catasphophe canyon. :(

Disvillain63

...when there was only 1 park, 4 resorts, 1 campground, 1 water park, and Discovery Island.
...When you could take your time enjoying the park and still have time to enjoy the other amenities which WDW offered, like horseback riding, tennis, boating, golf.
...when Epcot actually taught you something and inspired you.
...when the Contemporary had the really cool arcade on the first floor.
...when the Studios actually explained the magic behind the movies.
...when Goofy rode water skis and Donald drove the boat.
...when for the 10th Anniversary, every guest got a present when they entered the park.
...Top of the World dinner show
...Kids of the KIngdom (so wanted to be one of them)
...when Goofy taught diving at River Country

Disvillain63

I remember Chef Mickey's being a quality restaurant in DTD, the neat little general store in DTD, the little pads of butter shaped like a Mickey silhouette. Moderate hotels at $89 a night, resort pool hopping, the great arcade at the Contemporary, monorails that were reliable and Character Breakfasts on the Empress Lilly.

Good times.
And the Empress Lily with the paddle-wheel attached...character breakfast was one of the dining choices...

vonpluto

...the Teacher Center at EPCOT...

Back in the mid-80's I was studying the property map that hung near the Teachers Center. An older gentleman came up , asked if I had any questions, and proceeded to point out certain things. His narrative was laced with phrases likes,"what Walt wanted", Walt's concept was", and "Walt's idea".

I found out a little later he was John Hench. I found out a lot later who John Hench was.:confused:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom