I remember ....................

vonpluto

When the Sassagoula Riverboats would stop at the Empress Lilly...

The sandbox at the Village:
4-86-72-copy.jpg

This thing at the Village:
4-86-71-copy.jpg

MaxsDad

I remember The Hunchback Show at MGM Studios.

I remember when it was OK for a river boat captain to defend the life of human beings by shooting at large, aggressive, attacking hippos.

I remember the poacher storyline, or more importantly, when story was still first, period.

I remember in 2006 when I got a 7 day hopper with Water Parks and more and no expiration for $285. Now its about $100 more with no plus options and 14 day expiry.

I remember visiting Epcot when Wonders of Life was operating.

LostPrincessKarleigh

I remember....
horizons, when test track first opened (I yelled at my mother to "put down the camera and buckle your seat belt! the CM is watching me and I have to show him I would be a great CM! Behave, Lady!) the hunchback show, when MGM WAS MGM, pre-MSH is HS (the eartower was the symbol of HS), Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, my every other sentence to my mother being "when I am a Disney Cast Member", being the planning "guru" in the parks, being the FP runner for my family, the Wild Horseshoe Saloon (I just know that is wrong, I'm having a brain lapse) with the show, Spectromagic (Ursula was my favorite!), when the yeti at EE actually worked (i'm still hoping he will be revived!), the motorcar parade in MGM, fore-going SM to meet Ariel (my sister was NOT happy about that! haha!)

Minnie1976

Does anyone remember when you were driving and arrived on Disney property, the radio station you could tune into. At that time there were only the Fort Wilderness, Cont, and Poly and Disney would let you know if there were vacancies. I can remember we would get so excited and couldn't wait to tune in. Also I remember having to pay $5 to ride the monorail because we weren't guest and hadn't been to the park. We had just arrived staying off property and were so excited we just had to ride the monorail. That was back in the 70's.

TinkerBelle8878

I remember when you didn't need fast pass and a specific set place for meeting and taking pictures with characters. It was more fun and kind of 'treasure hunt' like before all the scheduling. I remember when there were so many fun things to ride in Future World. One that smelled like oranges, one with a purple dragon, one that showed the history of transportation..:) I remember almost every store selling different merchandise and not the same 5 things.

Disvillain63

I remember when there was not 1 but 2 Chef Mickey's!! One was in DTD at one time. We ate there in 1992.

I remember when you could easily walk up to ANY AND ALL restaurants in WDW. Ahhhh those were the days of whatever you were in the mood for!

I remember an Aladdin themed character breakfast in MGM. We loved this back in the day!

I remember when characters would roam free around the parks... after all it is their home right? Now they are not allowed.
or the Hunchback of Notre Dame themed breakfast at DHS...

Disvillain63

when there would be a Sword in the Stone Ceremony at MK on a regular basis...it was fun to watch the eager children/adults try and then one would succeed and pull out the sword...sometimes the CM would 'offer' them anything for the day but it had a 20 second time limit or such...the child would be so excited and amazed at what he/she had just accomplished that they couldn't give an answer fast enough...;)

mickey2008.1

One park with two resorts. Swimming in sevev seas lagoon. Lake buena vista. River country. I miss air hockey at contemporary. The original MGM. Sky way. Too many things to list. I just hope things are kept or replaced with better things, not just dumbed down stuff. I have a feeling on my next trip in sept IS will miss room key cards.

hellowonderland

I remember...

Being a cast member. It was only 7 years ago, but feels like a lifetime.
Every ride working, every time. Especially the Yeti - I remember the Yeti taking a big swipe at me when the train passed by.
Alien Encounter
When you didn't have to plan your vacation a year in advance, including fast-passes... those were truly the days
Horizons. God, it was my favourite ride as a kid!
Spaceship Earth ... I loved the top with the astronaut and Jeremy Irons' voice. So much better than the current monologue.

jkl2000

I remember Winnie the Pooh was short and had a big Hunny pot on top of his head or something. Here it is:

mICINSJpXp1VV9yf-OHOxVA.jpg

And I remember a crab in 20K was ripped open, and you could see the gears inside. Cool!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom