I AM GLADLY EATING CROW!

lebeau

You very well could be right. Hopefully that's not the case but either way it's not really going to hamper my trip in any way. As mentioned, it may alleviate some tension my wife has but I guess we wait and see if this is a bug or becomes official.

I have been reading a few reports of this working. So it seems likely that this is a test. After doing some searching, it seems like Disney has been turning test scenerios on and off for months now. I have seen some people getting more than 3 FP+ selections in the same park. It seems your best bet is to count on being limited to 3 and then being pleasantly surprised if you get more than that.

I wish I could know for sure if this test would still be in effect in 2 months. It would radically alter my plans.

cw1982

I have been reading a few reports of this working. So it seems likely that this is a test. After doing some searching, it seems like Disney has been turning test scenerios on and off for months now. I have seen some people getting more than 3 FP+ selections in the same park. It seems your best bet is to count on being limited to 3 and then being pleasantly surprised if you get more than that.

I wish I could know for sure if this test would still be in effect in 2 months. It would radically alter my plans.

If I was Disney, I would want this to be out of testing phases by the time the summer crowds start in June... but they didn't ask me lol

Matt and Kelly

Thanks for the follow up information. Hopefully either the testing continues or something official is announced when your trip comes along.

Anyone who has read my prior posts, knows that I was against fast pass+. Being a "super fast pass user", being limited to three did not make me look forward to my current disney world trip. Let me tell the skeptics now, that fast pass plus has worked out great. There have been no glitches and I have been able to take my kids on all the rides they want faster and more efficiently.

The fast pass plus lines are longer sometimes, but they move as quickly as the lines for the TTA People mover. The reason for this, as I have seen over and over again, is that people are waiting in the fast pass line without having fast passes. 90% of the time so far, I have watched at least ten family's in line, just to find out they are in the wrong line.

As for the park hopping, you can park hop and use fast pass plus. It is not advertised, but after we used our three at one park, at the next park, we are able to select 3 fast pass choices for the next park. The only problem with that is, choices are limited. If you leave Epcot and go to MK, you won't be given thunder or Space mountain as an option, but all other rides are available. We found this out at POR by a cast member, after we asked if we could downgrade our tickets and get a refund from park hoppers to base tickets. I asked why this is not advertised and I was told that it will be soon.

I am now gladly eating crow. I assumed that during peak season, the system would collapse with the long lines, but I was happily wrong. Everything has been nearly perfect and if it wasn't for the stupid people waiting in the wrong lines all the time, everything would be absolutely perfect.
I just got home after a week of park hopping. We were in and out of our MDE apps constantly and I did not see this option ever. I am sick to my stomach if I missed it.

The only people about FP+ are the ones who became experts at utilizing the FP- system (or shall I say abusing it). FP+ will be just fine for the typical visitor and Disney knows this. If you abusers don't like FP+, then this is Disney's way of telling you to stop visiting their parks because you do not contribute to the bottom-line any way. Good riddance!

cw1982

The only people about FP+ are the ones who became experts at utilizing the FP- system (or shall I say abusing it). FP+ will be just fine for the typical visitor and Disney knows this. If you abusers don't like FP+, then this is Disney's way of telling you to stop visiting their parks because you do not contribute to the bottom-line any way. Good riddance!

I hope you're right! For me, the anxiety is more about the fact that we are going in the summer... it's the only time I can go since I'm a teacher. I know right now people are able to get everything in with only 3, but I worry that will change in June.

Anyone who has read my prior posts, knows that I was against fast pass+. Being a "super fast pass user", being limited to three did not make me look forward to my current disney world trip. Let me tell the skeptics now, that fast pass plus has worked out great. There have been no glitches and I have been able to take my kids on all the rides they want faster and more efficiently.

The fast pass plus lines are longer sometimes, but they move as quickly as the lines for the TTA People mover. The reason for this, as I have seen over and over again, is that people are waiting in the fast pass line without having fast passes. 90% of the time so far, I have watched at least ten family's in line, just to find out they are in the wrong line.

As for the park hopping, you can park hop and use fast pass plus. It is not advertised, but after we used our three at one park, at the next park, we are able to select 3 fast pass choices for the next park. The only problem with that is, choices are limited. If you leave Epcot and go to MK, you won't be given thunder or Space mountain as an option, but all other rides are available. We found this out at POR by a cast member, after we asked if we could downgrade our tickets and get a refund from park hoppers to base tickets. I asked why this is not advertised and I was told that it will be soon.

I am now gladly eating crow. I assumed that during peak season, the system would collapse with the long lines, but I was happily wrong. Everything has been nearly perfect and if it wasn't for the stupid people waiting in the wrong lines all the time, everything would be absolutely perfect.
I have friends unable to replicate this ability to park hop and get more FPP. Are you an onsite resort guest? Are you physically in the hopped park? how exactly are you doing this? Thx for sharing!

lebeau

I am in the parks right now and it won't let me do it. I've tried every way I can think of.

When it worked, you had to make three selections for your first park, use them all, then hop to the second park. At the second park, you would be able to set up 3 new selections.

A lot of people seemed to get confused thinking they could set up both parks in advance. It never worked that way. Of course you have to gamble that when you get to the second park, it will work. Otherwise, you may have wasted FPs in the morning when you didn't need them as much.

lebeau

Park hopping with FP+ is a glitch that they know about right now. Seems like they have fixed this by the reports from others. It is still 3 FP in one park per day. Nothing has changed.

I wouldn't be overly surprised if this pops up again as another test. It seems to come and go.

lebeau

Thanks for letting everyone know what opinion they should have. That's always helpful.

psherman42

Glad to hear the FP+ worked out for you. I'm a CM and when my dad and sister were here at the end of December, they actually loved the fast pass system. Ever since I can remember, when my family took trips to Disney World (which because of school schedules, was always during school vacations, aka peak seasons), we were always the ones who got to the park at park open, did our favorites, got lunch, and then went back to the resort for a while before heading to another park in the evening. Because we usually had to go during busy times, when we'd go to the parks in the evening, we wouldn't be able to really do anything as lines would be too long and no fast passes were available. However, because of the new system, in December (Christmas week...aka one of the busiest weeks of the year), when my dad and sister visited the parks in the evening, they had their fast passes already and were able to do attractions they never would have been able to do with the old system. I know FP+ has its problems and I'm sure there are always going to be people who'd prefer the legacy fastpasses, however for guests visiting during peak seasons, I can definitely see the advantages to FP+ being available.

Disneyfamily4

Original Poster
I have friends unable to replicate this ability to park hop and get more FPP. Are you an onsite resort guest? Are you physically in the hopped park? how exactly are you doing this? Thx for sharing!

We are staying at riverside. All they had to do is use the three fast passes at one park then go to the next park. After they go to the next park, go to the app, click manage fast passes, click the park you are in and it was that easy. We did it again last night.

Like I said in the beginning, I thought fast pass would be a bad idea. If we couldn't park hop, I would continue bashing it rather than praise it. For everyone who has read all my prior posts, they will tell you I wouldn't lie to make fast pass + look good. Also remember, it wasn't told to me until I complained and asked the resort clerk for a refund. She then showed my on her iPad what to do when I park hop. I'm not going to debate this with all who disagrees, especially when I did it again last night.

It's not a glitch. It could be a resort perk, but definetly not a glitch. When you make a selection at the second park, the computer is detailed and said " due to volume, thunder mountain is not available". A glitch does not offer explanations to why some fast passes are unavailable but then leaving other rides available.

lebeau

We are staying at riverside. All they had to do is use the three fast passes at one park then go to the next park. After they go to the next park, go to the app, click manage fast passes, click the park you are in and it was that easy. We did it again last night.

Like I said in the beginning, I thought fast pass would be a bad idea. If we couldn't park hop, I would continue bashing it rather than praise it. For everyone who has read all my prior posts, they will tell you I wouldn't lie to make fast pass + look good. Also remember, it wasn't told to me until I complained and asked the resort clerk for a refund. She then showed my on her iPad what to do when I park hop. I'm not going to debate this with all who disagrees, especially when I did it again last night.

It's not a glitch. It could be a resort perk, but definetly not a glitch. When you make a selection at the second park, the computer is detailed and said " due to volume, thunder mountain is not available". A glitch does not offer explanations to why some fast passes are unavailable but then leaving other rides available.

It could be a glitch.

It could be a loophole that Disney has decided not to close just yet.

It could be lots of things.

The fact that you had to complain and request a refund to find out about it indicates that it is not official policy.

I'm glad you're enjoying PHing with double the FPs of everyone else. But your experience is hardly an indication of how FP works for the majority of guests. And you should be aware that Disney could change it at any time. Until this becomes official, you shouldn't base your opinion of FP on it.

Glad you're having a good time though.

Weather_Lady

What do you mean, abusers? If you're talking about people who lied to get GACs, that topic has been done to death. If you mean people who merely used the old FP system to get more than 3 FP per day, or park-hopped, or FP'd the same attraction more than once, I'm afraid you don't understand that such activities were totally within the rules of the old system, and were in fact advertised by WDW as part of its merit. Why the vitriol against those who made effective (and legal) use of the old system?

BigTxEars

What do you mean, abusers? If you're talking about people who lied to get GACs, that topic has been done to death. If you mean people who merely used the old FP system to get more than 3 FP per day, or park-hopped, or FP'd the same attraction more than once, I'm afraid you don't understand that such activities were totally within the rules of the old system, and were in fact advertised by WDW as part of its merit. Why the vitriol against those who made effective (and legal) use of the old system?

Maybe he was referring to those who showed up really late with their FPs and used them. That seemed to be a common occurrence. I do think that was "cheating" the system. I mean if you can ignore the time, why not the date and even the ride the FP was for?

cw1982

I too was wondering how anyone could abuse the old system... you picked up a piece of paper and returned during your time on the paper. Not rocket science and seems like little room for cheating.

My comment on his post was more in reference to FP+ working okay for the average guest, which, according to what I have been looking at on touringplans, I should be fine... I guess we will see in June! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom