I AM GLADLY EATING CROW!

maelstrom98

I'm curious though - when I was there in August I made my FP+ reservations for the afternoon/evening in the second park, knowing that by the time we got to the second park the FP+s might be gone, and we'd have a better shot of getting on rides without needing FP early in the morning at the first park.

I wonder - if I stick to that formula and make all of our FP+ for the second park of the day, would I be able to make day-of reservations for that first park?

Rob562

I'm curious though - when I was there in August I made my FP+ reservations for the afternoon/evening in the second park, knowing that by the time we got to the second park the FP+s might be gone, and we'd have a better shot of getting on rides without needing FP early in the morning at the first park.

I wonder - if I stick to that formula and make all of our FP+ for the second park of the day, would I be able to make day-of reservations for that first park?

I would presume not, since unlocking FP+ for the second park requires using the original FP+ reservations for the first park. It sounds like your options in the future would be to either a) stick to what you've already done and guarantee your three selections in the second park and use Standby only in the first park, or b) make FP+ choices in the first park and then be limited to what's left after hopping to the second park.

-Rob

case88

Super excited about the fp+ parkhopper option. We park hop every evening (usually ending up in MK w/ the kids). If this works like the op is saying, pass the plate, I'd love some of that crow.....

Last edited:

Matt and Kelly

Not in advance. After you use your 3 fast passes and go to a different park, you are able to go on the Disney experience ap, manage fast passes, and reserve 3 more. We have done it 4 times so far. At the end of the night we always end up at MK. Like I said though, the choices are limited, pretty much you can reserve everything but space and thunder mountain.

My wife is totally freaking out over FP+ and how she thinks it's a very poor system which will ultimately ruin our trip. She is not aware, nor was I until reading this thread, that you could use the system to park hop. This should hopefully ease some of her tension leading up to our trip.

MissM

My wife is totally freaking out over FP+ and how she thinks it's a very poor system which will ultimately ruin our trip. She is not aware, nor was I until reading this thread, that you could use the system to park hop. This should hopefully ease some of her tension leading up to our trip.
I wouldn't celebrate yet. This is certainly NOT official in anyway yet or Steve would have put a news story up about it. One person's lucky fluke and/or beta test permissions does NOT mean everyone will be able to do this.

lebeau

Well, officially you can't. So I wouldn't bank on that. It could be a glitch that Disney will "fix" at any moment.

lebeau

You said you got more when you switched parks...I'm asking if you would have been able to do the same if you'd stayed in the same park.

I am guessing no or we would see a flood of reports from people who kept adding FP+ selections without park hopping.

This year's trip has been extremely frustrating to plan because the rules of the game keep changing and Disney won't officially confirm much of anything. Obviously, someone who was able to secretly double their FP+ selections is going to be a big fan of the system. So far based on my planning experience, I am not. Hopefully it will win me over in the parks.

HRHPrincessAriel

I am guessing no or we would see a flood of reports from people who kept adding FP+ selections without park hopping.

This year's trip has been extremely frustrating to plan because the rules of the game keep changing and Disney won't officially confirm much of anything. Obviously, someone who was able to secretly double their FP+ selections is going to be a big fan of the system. So far based on my planning experience, I am not. Hopefully it will win me over in the parks.
agree 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 percent

lebeau

agree 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 percent

If Disney would confirm that this is how things are going to be going forward, I would upgrade my tickets to PHers. It would completely change how I plan every single aspect of my trip. But since I don't know how anything's going to work in two months, it makes planning pretty much impossible. Which is ironic because the system demands that I plan everything in advance.

grrrrrrr

cw1982

I wouldn't celebrate yet. This is certainly NOT official in anyway yet or Steve would have put a news story up about it. One person's lucky fluke and/or beta test permissions does NOT mean everyone will be able to do this.

The only thing that makes me disagree with you here is that the OP stated that he got this information from a CM who told him that the information would be announced soon. From my short time on these boards, if I've learned anything it's that Disney seems to not get information out consistently to CM's about what's coming down the line very often... seems like some know more than others. I'm not sure where Steve gets his information but it seems like, if this held true for the OP, there's at least a decent chance of it being accurate long-term. I'm not making plans based solely on this thread yet, but it's good to keep in the back of my mind IMO.

lebeau

The only thing that makes me disagree with you here is that the OP stated that he got this information from a CM who told him that the information would be announced soon. From my short time on these boards, if I've learned anything it's that Disney seems to not get information out consistently to CM's about what's coming down the line very often... seems like some know more than others. I'm not sure where Steve gets his information but it seems like, if this held true for the OP, there's at least a decent chance of it being accurate long-term. I'm not making plans based solely on this thread yet, but it's good to keep in the back of my mind IMO.

CMs say things. ;)

My experience with the track record of CMs isn't anywhere near as good as what yours seems to be. I find them to be 50/50 at best. I'm sure the CM was being sincere. But you can usually get better info from here than from the average CM. Although I credit this particular CM with sharing a good tip, I won't count on this continuing until we get an announcement.

I would think if this was anywhere near an announcement, we'd see a lot more reports of it happening.

cw1982

CMs say things. ;)

My experience with the track record of CMs isn't anywhere near as good as what yours seems to be. I find them to be 50/50 at best. I'm sure the CM was being sincere. But you can usually get better info from here than from the average CM. Although I credit this particular CM with sharing a good tip, I won't count on this continuing until we get an announcement.

I would think if this was anywhere near an announcement, we'd see a lot more reports of it happening.

Yeah... like I said, I'm definitely not relying on this to be true. I agree and am definitely waiting on that announcement LOL.

Matt and Kelly

Oh I get that. No "celebrating" until something official is actually announced, even so, I highly doubt any celebrating over this issue will be done.

Does seem promising, assuming this is not a fluke.

Matt and Kelly

Well, officially you can't. So I wouldn't bank on that. It could be a glitch that Disney will "fix" at any moment.

You very well could be right. Hopefully that's not the case but either way it's not really going to hamper my trip in any way. As mentioned, it may alleviate some tension my wife has but I guess we wait and see if this is a bug or becomes official.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom