I AM GLADLY EATING CROW!

Disneyfamily4

Original Poster
Anyone who has read my prior posts, knows that I was against fast pass+. Being a "super fast pass user", being limited to three did not make me look forward to my current disney world trip. Let me tell the skeptics now, that fast pass plus has worked out great. There have been no glitches and I have been able to take my kids on all the rides they want faster and more efficiently.

The fast pass plus lines are longer sometimes, but they move as quickly as the lines for the TTA People mover. The reason for this, as I have seen over and over again, is that people are waiting in the fast pass line without having fast passes. 90% of the time so far, I have watched at least ten family's in line, just to find out they are in the wrong line.

As for the park hopping, you can park hop and use fast pass plus. It is not advertised, but after we used our three at one park, at the next park, we are able to select 3 fast pass choices for the next park. The only problem with that is, choices are limited. If you leave Epcot and go to MK, you won't be given thunder or Space mountain as an option, but all other rides are available. We found this out at POR by a cast member, after we asked if we could downgrade our tickets and get a refund from park hoppers to base tickets. I asked why this is not advertised and I was told that it will be soon.

I am now gladly eating crow. I assumed that during peak season, the system would collapse with the long lines, but I was happily wrong. Everything has been nearly perfect and if it wasn't for the stupid people waiting in the wrong lines all the time, everything would be absolutely perfect.

KatMaria

Glad you liked the system!
Most of the lines will hopefully be gone once everyone gets into using FP+ many times. I have also seen a trend of people getting in the line thinking they were going to get a FP for the ride. The attraction CM's have really stepped up and helped go through the lines and making sure everyone is here for the right thing.

JohnD

Anyone who has read my prior posts, knows that I was against fast pass+. Being a "super fast pass user", being limited to three did not make me look forward to my current disney world trip. Let me tell the skeptics now, that fast pass plus has worked out great. There have been no glitches and I have been able to take my kids on all the rides they want faster and more efficiently.

The fast pass plus lines are longer sometimes, but they move as quickly as the lines for the TTA People mover. The reason for this, as I have seen over and over again, is that people are waiting in the fast pass line without having fast passes. 90% of the time so far, I have watched at least ten family's in line, just to find out they are in the wrong line.

As for the park hopping, you can park hop and use fast pass plus. It is not advertised, but after we used our three at one park, at the next park, we are able to select 3 fast pass choices for the next park. The only problem with that is, choices are limited. If you leave Epcot and go to MK, you won't be given thunder or Space mountain as an option, but all other rides are available. We found this out at POR by a cast member, after we asked if we could downgrade our tickets and get a refund from park hoppers to base tickets. I asked why this is not advertised and I was told that it will be soon.

I am now gladly eating crow. I assumed that during peak season, the system would collapse with the long lines, but I was happily wrong. Everything has been nearly perfect and if it wasn't for the stupid people waiting in the wrong lines all the time, everything would be absolutely perfect.

Just so that we're clear regarding "park hopping and using FP+", do you mean being able to schedule three more FP+ in advance or being the same as day guests and only use the kiosks after arriving in the park?

Disneyfamily4

Original Poster
Just so that we're clear regarding "park hopping and using FP+", do you mean being able to schedule three more FP+ in advance or being the same as day guests and only use the kiosks after arriving in the park?

Not in advance. After you use your 3 fast passes and go to a different park, you are able to go on the Disney experience ap, manage fast passes, and reserve 3 more. We have done it 4 times so far. At the end of the night we always end up at MK. Like I said though, the choices are limited, pretty much you can reserve everything but space and thunder mountain.

Dwarful

Well, that is a bit more promising because in MK we could easily use at least 8 FP's a day or more. We were planning on skipping the FP option at Epcot and saving them for MK that evening...but maybe I will change our plans. We are going in May/June and will hit SWW so hopefully this will be an improvement. Now, if they would get rid of the tiered system then I'd be happy because we would always hit certain rides multiple times and ALWAYS hit Soarin' & TT & Maelstrom in the same day with FP's and currently that is not an option.

cw1982

Not in advance. After you use your 3 fast passes and go to a different park, you are able to go on the Disney experience ap, manage fast passes, and reserve 3 more. We have done it 4 times so far. At the end of the night we always end up at MK. Like I said though, the choices are limited, pretty much you can reserve everything but space and thunder mountain.

You have just made my night lol! Thank you :)

orky8

Interesting. Is this a glitch or a sign of things to come. Only time will tell...

Disneyfamily4

Original Poster
It's not a glitch. Like I said, a cast member at POR alerted me to this when I asked for a refund, plus The Disney experience ap is already programmed to allow this. When making 3 fast passes at a second park, the ap explains why certain rides are not being allowed to accept fast pass reservations. If this was a glitch, all rides would be available and the ap wouldn't provide a detailed explanation.

lebeau

It's not a glitch. Like I said, a cast member at POR alerted me to this when I asked for a refund, plus The Disney experience ap is already programmed to allow this. When making 3 fast passes at a second park, the ap explains why certain rides are not being allowed to accept fast pass reservations. If this was a glitch, all rides would be available and the ap wouldn't provide a detailed explanation.

Do you need the app to use this?

My phone runs on Windows so the app is not available.

So you need to hop?

If so, that seems kind of silly. But I will upgrade to a hopper for double the FPs.

Rob562

Do you need the app to use this?

My phone runs on Windows so the app is not available.

So you need to hop?

If so, that seems kind of silly. But I will upgrade to a hopper for double the FPs.

I'd presume that you could use the kiosks in the second park to obtain the second set of FP+.

If this works out this way, I also see it as a reasonable compromise to give park-hopping the ability to use FP+ in the second park. Waiting until the person is actually *in* the second park reduces the instances of people making FP+ reservations that they don't intend to use.

-Rob

lebeau

I'd presume that you could use the kiosks in the second park to obtain the second set of FP+.

If this works out this way, I also see it as a reasonable compromise to give park-hopping the ability to use FP+ in the second park. Waiting until the person is actually *in* the second park reduces the instances of people making FP+ reservations that they don't intend to use.

-Rob

Unless this is just a quirk with the app.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom