Original Poster
Anyone got a pickup truck?

hulkcars.jpg

Photo Credit: https://twitter.com/Crushinat0r

lazyboy97o

AND THE NOISE!

...what?...

I SAID, AND THE NOISE!

But seriously, staying at Lowes you could hear that blame thing constantly. Even in the rooms. I SAID EVEN IN THE... nevermind.
The track was a major contributor to the noise. At the time this was a design choice but the downtime will see the tracks adjusted to reduce the noise.

Cinkadeus

Original Poster
Well I read there will be possibly on-board audio as well, and given that things noise level, they'd have to do something in order for the rider to hear it.

AK is building a new land. This is just a refurb and queue.

andysol

How come this will reopen summer 2016 but it is taking Avatar at AK 10 years?

How come it took me 2 weeks to put on a new roof, but it is taking my neighbor a year to build his house on his empty lot from scratch?

A more valid comparison would be Maelstrom- but that's different as they are building additional buildings. A better comparison would be Winnie the Pooh- which took what, 7-9 months if I recall? An even better comparison would be when Big Thunder was redone in Disneyland. The worst possible comparison would be a ride refurbishment vs an entirely new land.

But if your point was that Universal builds faster than Disney, you aren't telling us anything we don't know.

Last edited:

JoeCamel

I thought I saw the crane removing parts from the back section of the track yesterday, I am waiting til they get further along to get pictures. Long way to go on this project.

Last edited:

captainmoch

I'm placing my bets on a redone second half. In fact, I have a theory that the second half (always considered the weaker portion of the ride) will now get some show elements, if not a full show building. Including possibly an AA Hulk.

JT3000

I'm placing my bets on a redone second half. In fact, I have a theory that the second half (always considered the weaker portion of the ride) will now get some show elements, if not a full show building. Including possibly an AA Hulk.

I would bet against that. :p AAs and similar show elements on a roller coaster are a waste of money anyway. Sure, everyone wants Everest's yeti to work, but it was highly underutilized to begin with, only being visible for a few seconds as you zipped past it. Now add more speed and inversions to the mix and I just don't see a need.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom