Hulk Trains Scrapped

Skunk

I was under the impression part of the reason for the track replacement was to accommodate the heavier new trains, less so because of actual wear and tear. That said, anecdotally, I think Hulk was getting rougher, but that can be attributed to a number of factors. One thing is certain: whatever the reason is, they did it for a reason. if they could have just replaced the trains or whatever and called it a day, that would have saved them a fortune, so it stands to reason there was a need for it.

thomas998

I wonder if it was to lower the G forces that people experience on the Hulk... Is one of the only ones where I've heard people complain that they had a black out on the initial turn at the launch.

Tom Morrow

I wonder if it was to lower the G forces that people experience on the Hulk... Is one of the only ones where I've heard people complain that they had a black out on the initial turn at the launch.
No, because it's the exact same layout and speed.

The only thing that looks different to me is the first vertical loop, it looks more narrow than before. But I'm probably wrong. Can anyone confirm if it was modified?
I was under the impression part of the reason for the track replacement was to accommodate the heavier new trains, less so because of actual wear and tear. That said, anecdotally, I think Hulk was getting rougher, but that can be attributed to a number of factors. One thing is certain: whatever the reason is, they did it for a reason. if they could have just replaced the trains or whatever and called it a day, that would have saved them a fortune, so it stands to reason there was a need for it.

Right, but the idea that B&M coaster tracks have to be replaced after 15 years and it turns out every park in the world except Universal is ignoring this safety requirement is dumb and false.

UpAllNight

Regarding Kumba, Busch were veeeerryy slow on the dispatch when we went. I think their park hours are significantly reduced too. I just feel like Universal saw the opportunity to refresh the ride by starting again, for what is a relatively small cost in terms of some of the projects they're taking on. It was very rough in the second half of the ride.

(As a side note Kumba is a much better coaster than hulk, if you take the theming out of the equation in my opinion....that twisting inversion after the first loop is one of my favourite coaster moments :) )

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom