Hulk Trains Scrapped

matt9112

I would bet against that. :p AAs and similar show elements on a roller coaster are a waste of money anyway. Sure, everyone wants Everest's yeti to work, but it was highly underutilized to begin with, only being visible for a few seconds as you zipped past it. Now add more speed and inversions to the mix and I just don't see a need.

Yes but mine train proves your overall generalization is wrong. The back half of the ride is slower and they can redo the break runs. Allowing a short but slow show scene. I doubt they will do this but to say it can't be done is silly. However your everest anology is spot on. I think they will just smooth it out those back end inversions are rough.

JT3000

Yes but mine train proves your overall generalization is wrong. The back half of the ride is slower and they can redo the break runs. Allowing a short but slow show scene. I doubt they will do this but to say it can't be done is silly. However your everest anology is spot on. I think they will just smooth it out those back end inversions are rough.

I didn't say they couldn't change the actual coaster's design, but that would also be cost prohibitive when it works just fine the way it is. If you tinker with the breaks too much, a midcourse launch could become needed just to finish the course. You'd also lose time to all the testing required, both before and after a new design were actually constructed. That's why you almost never see a coaster's design altered after opening.

Mickey1984

Where is this "scrap yard" ?

does anyone have a pic of the ride as it stands in the park now, if there is track coming off as well would be quite interesting to see it.

lazyboy97o

Where is this "scrap yard" ?

does anyone have a pic of the ride as it stands in the park now, if there is track coming off as well would be quite interesting to see it.
It is a local facility and very easy to track down. They have been inundated with calls about the vehicles but are under contract not to sell anything until it is scrapped.

@Cinkadeus has a few photos on the previous page.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I would bet against that. :p AAs and similar show elements on a roller coaster are a waste of money anyway. Sure, everyone wants Everest's yeti to work, but it was highly underutilized to begin with, only being visible for a few seconds as you zipped past it. Now add more speed and inversions to the mix and I just don't see a need.
Then what's the point of going to a proper theme park instead of an amusement park?
On that note: I think I read that the tank that sat outside Disaster! was once near the Hulk track? There are two good spots for it, either on that small concrete slab on the lagoon or at the end corkscrew. Anyone know for sure?

Last edited:

JT3000

Then what's the point of going to a proper theme park instead of an amusement park?

Well it's not like this applies to every ride. IOA just happens to be a theme park with certain rides that don't lend themselves well to on-ride theming. IMO the funds are better spent in places where you'll actually appreciate them.

On that note: I think I read that the tank that sat outside Disaster! was once near the Hulk track? There are two good spots for it, either on that small concrete slab on the lagoon or at the end corkscrew. Anyone know for sure?

Different tank. I have no idea what happened to Hulk's.

Jon81uk

Seven dwarves mine was designed with slower sections for the animatronics. Same goes for the Mummy at Uni. Adding them on an existing ride like Hulk wouldn't work as well.

Mikejakester

Major portions yes.....entire thing unlikely....I hope the last corkscrew is made smoother that is the only reason the ride is not perfect.
Last time I checked everything but the launch chute will be replaced. Track will be slightly different. And Hulk will come back with a vengeance in the queue "holding" something pretty dear to all of us in his hands...

Last edited:

matt9112

Last time I checked everything but the launch chute will be replaced. Track will be slightly different. And Hulk will come back with a vengeance in the queue.

Except for normal wear and tear reasons first 80 percent of ride is amazingly good. The tight last bit (behind and to the right) of the station is the only imperfections the inversions and turns are too tight.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Consider me more than a tiny big disturbed by this news, but a fairly solid Screamscape source has informed me tonight that the 2016 Incredible Hulk coaster may not actually be from B&M. They couldn't tell me who would be behind the rebuilt version, or even if it would still even resemble old Hulk layout or not anymore, but apparently something sinister is afoot. Stay tuned...

I find it disturbing that this may be the last kind of look we'll get of the infamous B&M Incredible Hulk coaster.

https://twitter.com/BisketsnGravy/status/651801630149603328/photo/1

http://screamscape.com/html/islands_of_adventure.htm#Hulk

matt9112

I wouldn't put any thought into screamscape. There as reputable as a bus driver.

50/50 but that makes no sense there's no way on my mind universal is going to not have B&M involved it's there product....you don't slap two coasters together.

matt9112

o_O Why would you be excited by a second Maurer? I can't stand the first Maurer.

Besides let's be real B&M have an amazing team doing some amazing things. There products are amazing. (Montu for example is still my favorite roller coaster ever) no other inverted coaster is s smooth.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom