Hulk Trains Scrapped

JT3000

Yay, can't wait to see the new re-theme featuring Ed Norton.....

You're making Eric angry.
Eric-Bana-in-Hulk-2003.jpg

You wouldn't like him when he's angry.

Bairstow

It's kind of a pity they're scrapping the old trains altogether.
I would have thought someone would liked to have purchased the front row and nose pieces.
Would have made an interesting quasi-couch for the TV room of an eccentric theme park fan.

hqdefault.jpg

JoeCamel

I doubt they would either have the right to sell off pieces or want to go to the cost to pull them apart. Would be nice to have though

JT3000

I've heard the scrapyard received quite a few inquiries once people found out where they went. They aren't allowed to let you have it, of course.

SAV

Looking at the embedded video and what exactly does "Smahed" mean? :facepalm: Looks like nobody double checked their work. oops.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Looking at the embedded video and what exactly does "Smahed" mean? :facepalm: Looks like nobody double checked their work. oops.
I must be blind cause I have watched that video three times and do not see that word. Which video are you talking about?

Bairstow

Does anyone know why Hulk is getting a complete and total rebuild when older, similar B&Ms in the Florida weather of similar vintage like Montu, the Dragons, and Kumba have not?
Are the Dragons next?
Scary thought- would they even bother rebuilding the Dragons if they needed this kind of work?

lazyboy97o

Does anyone know why Hulk is getting a complete and total rebuild when older, similar B&Ms in the Florida weather of similar vintage like Montu, the Dragons, and Kumba have not?
Are the Dragons next?
Scary thought- would they even bother rebuilding the Dragons if they needed this kind of work?
My incredibly limited understanding, more of a guess, is that this is the result of the launch not being a fully coordinated part of the design.

JoeCamel

The hole saw they are using on the footings to dig down 6 inches then saw into the outside of the footing and break out the concrete is cool to watch. It has a leg with a hydraulic motor on top to spin the saw that looks like a larger steel drum with teeth on the bottom.

They grind/cut down 6 inches then cut around the outside of the circular footing and break put the outer ring of concrete leaving the inner area that has the steel rebar and what is left of the old hulk track support. They then cut the ring and plate left from the support and I am guessing they will attach sleeves to the old bolts and extend it enough to bolt on the new track supports.

Nothing I saw indicated they are replacing the footings so the track layout should remain the same.

matt9112

This should be interesting since I didn't think anything was wrong with the Hulk as it was. Loud? I liked that actually. Cars? Fine but could be better. Last part of the track added to the cars tended to be a little rough but again fine, could be improved.

We will see.Sometimes improvements don't really improve anything. From the sounds of this the whole ride might be a totally different ride when it opens up.

noise is one thing....my only complain ride wise was the last back portion where it gets really tight without dropping much speed..i think they should slow that down and or new train restraints remove roughness of those inversions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom