Hollywood Studios Park Wide Changes Incoming?

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Iger might as well just extend until 2021 at this point so he can say he was there for WDW's 50th.

I for the life of me do not understand why Disney just doesn't take Iger's retirement off the table. Mea Culpa the premature retirement announcement and be done with it. It is obvious Disney wants him to stay, he wants to stay and it certainly helps with any possibility with an Apple take over transitionally if that works for both sets of board of directors down the road. :banghead: These add on years just make the board look silly and inept.

Mike S

How many people does the stunt show serve each show / per day?? It holds a ton of people in the area. The echo lake area could hold a couple of rides. Mini Indy land
indianajonesandthelostexpedition1.preview.jpeg

Kman101

I for the life of me do not understand why Disney just doesn't take Iger's retirement off the table. Mea Culpa the premature retirement announcement and be done with it. It is obvious Disney wants him to stay, he wants to stay and it certainly helps with any possibility with an Apple take over transitionally if that works for both sets of board of directors down the road. :banghead: These add on years just make the board look silly and inept.

+1

It does look silly to see it constantly extended. I think the board is inept as it is anyway but still ... lol

I guess at least the board finally recognized "cheap" with the originally proposed SWL and pushed for more but they shouldn't be making these decisions IMHO. But sometimes having a board can be a good thing I guess.

J. D.

Not sure if anyone noticed, but there used to be a trolley car cable that ran the length of Sunset Blvd. The tiny trolley gift cart across from BatB was connected to it, but the cable was removed a good while ago (more than a year, I believe.) Not sure why it was removed in the first place, but it has finally returned. Not a huge deal, I know, but figured it was worth mentioning.

Kman101

Would love to see a Red Car Trolley added but I won't hold my breath. MK can barely run their vehicles past a couple of hours in the morning and I have no doubt they'd love to see them go away.

brb1006

I still think a Fantasia themed carousel would be a great addition to DHS especially for the little one!

I always thought the look of this one would be beautiful:

I wonder what the ride vehicles would look like for a carousel themed to Fantasia would be like. I'm picturing Sorcerer Mickey standing on a ride would be located in the middle.

NiarrNDisney

I wonder what the ride vehicles would look like for a carousel themed to Fantasia would be like. I'm picturing Sorcerer Mickey standing on a ride would be located in the middle.

Twirling Hippos and Leaping Ostrich perhaps!? Maybe little dancing Toadstools and Brooms sweeping the edges!? Spirits and Stars circling overhead and around Sorcerer Mickey and or Chernabog!?

doctornick

I'd love to see a boat ride at the studios- an Indy boat ride based on the shanghai pirates system could be great or maybe something in toy story land based on aquatopia in TDS

My dream for Indy.... Remove the stunt show and Backlot Express. Have an Indiana Jones mini land with an Egyptian/desert theme. Drawing from the old Lost Expedition plans, build a large show building with two ride -- on the ground floor, a boat road (sort sort of Nile adventure) using the Shanghai POTC tech without a height requirement and mild thrills. Above it, have a more thrilling roller coaster (perhaps mine cars) or something like the EMV in DL where you enter a pyramid and its booby traps. Have there be a show scene where you can see the rides from each other.

Furthermore, you replace Backlot Express with a table service restaurant (I'm envisioning something owned/run by Sallah) and have that overlook the boat ride (a la Blue Bayou or Barbossa’s Bounty).

You can't tell me that it wouldn't be incredibly well received and would be perfect with the new movie planned.

clemmo

Just thought I'd bring some of the DHS discussion from the Rat thread over to here, but it appears as if management has realized more will need to be done after SWL and TSL are complete. @WildcatDen mentioned the door coaster has been brought back up again. The park really needs a water ride though. Also once all of this is done I'd love to see an Indy mini land over by the current stunt show but I doubt that's actually on the table.

flyerjab

My dream for Indy.... Remove the stunt show and Backlot Express. Have an Indiana Jones mini land with an Egyptian/desert theme. Drawing from the old Lost Expedition plans, build a large show building with two ride -- on the ground floor, a boat road (sort sort of Nile adventure) using the Shanghai POTC tech without a height requirement and mild thrills. Above it, have a more thrilling roller coaster (perhaps mine cars) or something like the EMV in DL where you enter a pyramid and its booby traps. Have there be a show scene where you can see the rides from each other.

Furthermore, you replace Backlot Express with a table service restaurant (I'm envisioning something owned/run by Sallah) and have that overlook the boat ride (a la Blue Bayou or Barbossa’s Bounty).

You can't tell me that it wouldn't be incredibly well received and would be perfect with the new movie planned.

I love the ride within a ride concept. One of the things I love about the People Mover that I don't think happens enough on property. How neat would it be to be on a boat ride with a coaster that dips in and out of view at certain points. I think that would be pretty incredible.

wdwgreek

Just thought I'd bring some of the DHS discussion from the Rat thread over to here, but it appears as if management has realized more will need to be done after SWL and TSL are complete. @WildcatDen mentioned the door coaster has been brought back up again. The park really needs a water ride though. Also once all of this is done I'd love to see an Indy mini land over by the current stunt show but I doubt that's actually on the table.
DHS is going to be deadly once TSL and SWL opens, while those lands will have decent enough capacity the Park as a whole does not. More rides are certainly needed, more attractions too, cause its going to be packed. Picture Dragon Ally level crowds at least.

clemmo

DHS is going to be deadly once TSL and SWL opens, while those lands will have decent enough capacity the Park as a whole does not. More rides are certainly needed, more attractions too, cause its going to be packed. Picture Dragon Ally level crowds at least.
Agreed, especially since who knows when GMR will close and reopen. I wonder if it'll be open for the holiday season later this year. If not look out crowds and complaints will be crazy.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
As it stands there will probably be more at DHS but not until well into the next decade. As it stands.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom