Help!!! Has anyone stayed at Swan or Dolphin

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I've never seen these amazing rates that people are always getting at the S&D. When I look, it's always similar in price to Animal Kingdom Lodge, and you don't even get two queen beds.

June 6th - 9th, 2017, you can currently get a room at the Swan for $198.00 a night (170 + resort fee). There isn't much availability at Disney for that period to compare, but Port Orleans is $190 a night. I doubt AK lodge is less the $300 a night so even if you pay for parking and airport transportation you are coming out ahead.

DiSnEyF@n

June 6th - 9th, 2017, you can currently get a room at the Swan for $198.00 a night (170 + resort fee). There isn't much availability at Disney for that period to compare, but Port Orleans is $190 a night. I doubt AK lodge is less the $300 a night so even if you pay for parking and airport transportation you are coming out ahead.

Yup annnnnnd you get a much better location IMO. :)

CaptainAmerica

But you're not comparing apples-to-apples. The S&D have a garbage cancellation policy and the Dolphin only has double beds. Even then, for my stay in August:

Dolphin: Traditional room, two double beds, "preferred rate" with ability to cancel - $296
Animal Kingdom Lodge: Standard view, two queen beds, summer room offer - $296

Last edited:

DiSnEyF@n

But you're not comparing apples-to-apples. The S&D have a garbage cancellation policy and the Swan only has double beds. Even then, for my stay in August:

Swan: Traditional room, two double beds, "preferred rate" with ability to cancel - $296

Every time I've stayed at the Swan we have had Queen size beds. Not saying your information source is wrong, but it has been my experience. The Dolphin has double beds and the Swan has Queens.

Last edited:

DiSnEyF@n

I just looked up random dates on their website from 8/20-8/27 and the average price for Dolphin (2 doubles) is $190 (before taxes and fees) and the Swan (2 queens) is $173 a night.

CaptainAmerica

Every time I've stayed at the Swan we have had Queen size beds. Not saying your information source is wrong, but it has been my experience. The Dolphin has double beds and the Swan has Queens.

I just looked up random dates on their website from 8/20-8/27 and the average price for Dolphin (2 doubles) is $190 (before taxes and fees) and the Swan (2 queens) is $173 a night.
You're right, I was saying "Swan" when I meant "Dolphin." In my brain, Swan comes first and Dolphin comes second but their website flips the two.

Regardless, I suspect those rates you're looking at are prepaid and can't be cancelled without hefty fees. And, as you said, you're talking before taxes and fees (and rental car).

DiSnEyF@n

You're right, I was saying "Swan" when I meant "Dolphin." In my brain, Swan comes first and Dolphin comes second but their website flips the two.

Regardless, I suspect those rates you're looking at are prepaid and can't be cancelled without hefty fees. And, as you said, you're talking before taxes and fees (and rental car).

Yes, True to all that you've said. I agree that they're cancellation fees are ridiculous and their resort fees aren't much better, but in the end it's still cheaper than staying at Deluxe IMO... IF you know you won't cancel!! Lol

danlb_2000

Premium Member
But you're not comparing apples-to-apples. The S&D have a garbage cancellation policy and the Dolphin only has double beds. Even then, for my stay in August:

Dolphin: Traditional room, two double beds, "preferred rate" with ability to cancel - $296

Preferred rate with the ability to cancel for 6/6 is $215. Still well below what you would pay for AK Lodge. Dolphin for the same date give you a king bed and is $207.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom