Help!!! Has anyone stayed at Swan or Dolphin

Minthorne

I am a realtor @DisneyPrincess5 and my fiance is a tour manager. I think he has triple AAA, I will have to check. I know we are starwood members but never really put two and two together until now that I could take advantage of that at Disney.

@Minthorne I have an American express card do I have to re-apply for card specific too starwood hotels? I will look into this options as well. Thanks so much.

There is a SPG specific Amex that has a high pint sign on bonus (worth 4-5 nights). It's a one time only bonus but very worth it.

Stayed there in 2012 and it was great. We went to the Boardwalk to ride a surrey while we were staying at Caribbean Beach and I wished I were staying at the Swan & Dolphin instead.

DiSnEyF@n

Hands down a wonderful property on Disney! Yes to everything you asked about. No, there is no magical express and you can't charge stuff on your magic band... Also, you can book fastpassed 30 days out not 60 like if you book direct through Disney.

We have always rented a car to drive from the airport. Rent through Alamo or National ONLY bc they have a drop off at the Dolphin! It makes life so easy! If you buy your Disney park tickets through undercovertourist.com at the end they will offer you 1/2 off your car rental and Alamo is one of the companies. You could probably get a car for like $20 - don't forget to book one to go back to the airport on your last day.... You don't want to have to pay $36 a day to keep the car parked there if you don't have to. We always do this and stop at Walmart before checking in and get all the essentials - bottled water, snacks, booze... you name it!!! Lol All money savers!

dclfan

Original Poster
Quick update!!!!

When I went to book the room the 199 rate I saw was gone. The Swan and dolphin website was showing as sold out. I called Disney directly and they said they had NO ROOMS at ANY RESORT for my dates except for a room at grand Floridian for 500+ a night. I went back this morning and the rate was back on the swan webaite but now fiancé is panicked (as am I) that maybe we should postpone until fall and let the crowds die down. I've never had Disney reservations tell me they had no Availability. We don't have fastpasses or anything because it was so last minute and now I'm thinking we probably won't be able to get any.

DiSnEyF@n

Quick update!!!!

When I went to book the room the 199 rate I saw was gone. The Swan and dolphin website was showing as sold out. I called Disney directly and they said they had NO ROOMS at ANY RESORT for my dates except for a room at grand Floridian for 500+ a night. I went back this morning and the rate was back on the swan webaite but now fiancé is panicked (as am I) that maybe we should postpone until fall and let the crowds die down. I've never had Disney reservations tell me they had no Availability. We don't have fastpasses or anything because it was so last minute and now I'm thinking we probably won't be able to get any.

What are your dates?

Maddie Terwilliger

I 100% recommend the Swan OR Dolphin. My church has hosted conferences at these hotels so I've been around the hotels quite a good bit. The pool alone is really cool and they have a lot of recreational activities for if you're wanting to do something but not go to the parks.

There seems to be so much to do there and many places to eat just in the hotel!! Also the transportation to Disney is nice. They have boats that I believe can transport you to HWS and also the Disney Boardwalk is walking distance away and that place is BEAUTIFUL at night!! So much to do! I've enjoyed to both times I've stayed!

disneygeek90

Quick update!!!!

Unless you absolutely need fastpasses for Frozen, Mine Train, or possibly Pandora for June, there should still be plenty of fastpasses available for everything else for this date.

Epcotfan21

You will get a AAA discount. Won't be much but you'll get something.

Marriott bought Starwood so you can transfer points between the 2 programs. If you have an AMEX charge card you can also transfer AMEX points into SPG at a clip of around 1,000 Amex points = 450 SPG. Last I checked 10,000 SPG points get you a free night at D/S (you'll still pay parking....sometimes they'll waive the resort fee if you ask at check-in provided you hit it off with the front-desk person - you know the "I didn't know about the resort fee when redeeming points...is there anything you can do?" or a similar kinda spiel.
Unfortunately the amount of points required for a free night has been bumped up to 12,000 for the Dolphin and Swan.

Regardless, I can't recommend this place enough. LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION. Wife and I love walking to Epcot or Studios and hanging out on the Boardwalk as we end our day. Like scorp mentioned they do charge a daily resort and parking fee, but even when you add those up, you're still saving money compared to if you stayed at Beach/Yacht Club or the Boardwalk. We honestly don't even bother staying at the other Disney Resorts now and we're exclusive to Swan/Dolphin.

wannabeBelle

I stayed at the Swan and wasn't blown away. The beds were pretty awesome, but the bathroom was meh and the hallways and elevators to me were very bland and need to be updated. I did go over to the Dolphin one morning for buffet breakfast and that was AMAZING!!! The location is great and I would go for it. I would stay at the Dolphin next time though! Marie

JusticeDisney

Hands down a wonderful property on Disney! Yes to everything you asked about. No, there is no magical express and you can't charge stuff on your magic band... Also, you can book fastpassed 30 days out not 60 like if you book direct through Disney.

We have always rented a car to drive from the airport. Rent through Alamo or National ONLY bc they have a drop off at the Dolphin! It makes life so easy! If you buy your Disney park tickets through undercovertourist.com at the end they will offer you 1/2 off your car rental and Alamo is one of the companies. You could probably get a car for like $20 - don't forget to book one to go back to the airport on your last day.... You don't want to have to pay $36 a day to keep the car parked there if you don't have to. We always do this and stop at Walmart before checking in and get all the essentials - bottled water, snacks, booze... you name it!!! Lol All money savers!
Swan and Dolphin guests can book fastpass at the 60-day mark, just the same as guests of Disney-owned properties.

wdwfan22

Sorry but the Swan & Dolphin are nothing to excited about. The grounds, lobby, restaurants and pool are nice but the rooms and corridors fall flat. We found the room dirty and smelly and found mold in the bathroom area. We had two billing issues as well. The only thing the resorts have going for them is being close to Epcot & Hollywood Studios. The Boardwalk, Yacht & Beach Club are far better choices then these two properties.

disneygeek90

Swan and Dolphin guests can book fastpass at the 60-day mark, just the same as guests of Disney-owned properties.
If the OP is sticking with his original dates of the first week of June, they would already be within the 30 day period. Though sometimes I make my FP reservations only a day or so in advance and have little issues booking almost anything.

Epcotfan21

Sorry but the Swan & Dolphin are nothing to excited about. The grounds, lobby, restaurants and pool are nice but the rooms and corridors fall flat. We found the room dirty and smelly and found mold in the bathroom area. We had two billing issues as well. The only thing the resorts have going for them is being close to Epcot & Hollywood Studios. The Boardwalk, Yacht & Beach Club are far better choices then these two properties.
I don't think anyone will argue that Boardwalk, Yacht and Beach aren't better choices, but when you can get a room at the Swan/Dolphin for 2 or 3 times less than Boardwalk, Yacht and Beach, it's a no brainier. I grew up staying at Beach or Yacht as a kid, so I've always had an attachment to them, but the prices have gotten ridiculous and are only getting worse.

wdwfan22

I don't think anyone will argue that Boardwalk, Yacht and Beach aren't better choices, but when you can get a room at the Swan/Dolphin for 2 or 3 times less than Boardwalk, Yacht and Beach, it's a no brainier. I grew up staying at Beach or Yacht as a kid, so I've always had an attachment to them, but the prices have gotten ridiculous and are only getting worse.

I guess everyone is different, cause I will never pay to stay at the Swan & Dolphin again. I want a clean room that doesn't smell and Swan & Dolphin don't cut it for me.

dclfan

Original Poster
What are your dates?

Unless you absolutely need fastpasses for Frozen, Mine Train, or possibly Pandora for June, there should still be plenty of fastpasses available for everything else for this date.

@DiSnEyF@n June 4th through June 9th.

@disneygeek90 Pandora is what I was super concerned about. We were just there for a week in October so I wouldn't be heartbroken if I missed any other ride but Pandora opening is really what I wanted to see. and Tiffins and a glass of Pinotage at Nomad Lounge ;-)

disneygeek90

@DiSnEyF@n June 4th through June 9th.

@disneygeek90 Pandora is what I was super concerned about. We were just there for a week in October so I wouldn't be heartbroken if I missed any other ride but Pandora opening is really what I wanted to see. and Tiffins and a glass of Pinotage at Nomad Lounge ;-)
Pandora is probably a stretch for FP at this point. Best bet would be getting there at rope drop.

wannabeBelle

I found the roomat the Swan was OK if a little small-ish. The beds were really super comfy, that part I did like. The bathroom was smelly, they came and sprayed but that didn't help and considering the resort had JUST been through a refurb, I did expect more. As WDWFan said I didn't care for the hallways, too blah and sterile and the elevators were smelly and needed a re-do as well. I did like the buffet breakfast and would go back again for that, although it was a touch expensive, even by Disney standards and they don't validate for parking, which is pricey on top of that. I would try the Dolphin certainly though. Marie

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom