Help!!! Has anyone stayed at Swan or Dolphin

build_it

I am wondering if anyone has experienced the difference between the traditional rooms, resort view, and resort view with balcony. Just trying to determine if the extra cost is worth it for resort view and/or balcony. Trying to find the balance in paying for location, experience, and $$$.

The_Bellringer

I am wondering if anyone has experienced the difference between the traditional rooms, resort view, and resort view with balcony. Just trying to determine if the extra cost is worth it for resort view and/or balcony. Trying to find the balance in paying for location, experience, and $$$.
Michael Jackson used to book the presidential suite at the dolphin for him and his children. That has the best view of epcot I believe.

DiSnEyF@n

I've had all kinds of views and honestly if you're not going to be in your room all that much I would just book the cheaper one... Also, I've asked for rooms with good views without booking it that way and they usually try to see what they have and I've had many requests fulfilled.

correcaminos

I guess everyone is different, cause I will never pay to stay at the Swan & Dolphin again. I want a clean room that doesn't smell and Swan & Dolphin don't cut it for me.
You're saying it smelled and wasn't clean? did you notify anyone of it?

I've had better luck with very clean rooms there than Disney, but none of them were ever gross.

I'm not sure that it really makes a difference. I've been in a lot of different views and the resort view isn't necessary. While we like balconies at our resorts now, I didn't really use the ones at Swalphin ever.

@dclfan sometimes inventory gets moves around right at the 30 ish day mark. the 3-9 is right before the really big summer crowds come in (schools are still in session). We find it fine crowd-wise to go

dclfan

Original Poster

I was thinking the same when I went too book @build_it . What is the difference between traditional and resort room? Being the rooms at Disney I'd go with traditional because I really only ever shower and sleep in the room. I want to be outside 99% of the time. Bo need to have a great view while sleeping. Save the cash for food, drinks, and shopping in the world.

@helenabear thanks so much. That's the reason we choose the dates too begin with was too avoid the Summer break rush. I figured it was the last week before it got super crazy down there. That's why I was so surprise when Disney said they were completely booked.

wannabeBelle

Also keep in mind many schools in the South do get out a bit earlier than us up here in the North. A friend who is a school teacher in Florida has told me her last day is May 26th. So you could be catching the initial rush for the Southern part of the country. Marie

correcaminos

I was thinking the same when I went too book @build_it . What is the difference between traditional and resort room? Being the rooms at Disney I'd go with traditional because I really only ever shower and sleep in the room. I want to be outside 99% of the time. Bo need to have a great view while sleeping. Save the cash for food, drinks, and shopping in the world.

@helenabear thanks so much. That's the reason we choose the dates too begin with was too avoid the Summer break rush. I figured it was the last week before it got super crazy down there. That's why I was so surprise when Disney said they were completely booked.
We've done it before and it isn't bad. We get out before Memorial Day. FL schools start getting out that week in the area my in-laws live. Some before some that week. Up north they aren't out yet - one friend in DC is in until the 16th. So it is busy but not crazy. Memorial Day weekend was busier for me IMO so we skip until the next week. Definitely not spring break (college mid-march breaks) bad either.

JusticeDisney

I honestly thought I had to wait until 30 days... Instead you told me I could do it at 60! I had no idea!!! Lol
Ooooooops, my bad! Your excitement was - well, so exciting - that I thought you were being sarcastic or something. Apologies for misinterpreting your post.

And have a great trip!

Communicora

Premium Member
We got upgraded to water view with balcony on our first trip to the Dolphin and it was fantastic. There was something so magical about waking up, looking outside and seeing the friendship boats.

CaptainAmerica

I've never seen these amazing rates that people are always getting at the S&D. When I look, it's always similar in price to Animal Kingdom Lodge, and you don't even get two queen beds.

Minthorne

I've never seen these amazing rates that people are always getting at the S&D. When I look, it's always similar in price to Animal Kingdom Lodge, and you don't even get two queen beds.

Back at the end of March I booked Dolphin for Memorial Day weekend (Sat and Sun Night) for $210 a night ($265 with taxes and resort fee)

JusticeDisney

When I've stayed at the S&D in the past, it was always either late spring or early summer and I got these outstanding rates every single time. Can't speak to your experience, but that's what I've encountered FWIW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom