Have you ever come across an Alligator on your Disney trip?

acishere

Never on property, but when I stayed off property the resort had a nature walk where I saw a small one peeking out of the water.

Yes I have seen one before. Last year we stayed at Pop century resort and near the bridge to cross from POP to AOA there was one swimming around but I couldn't tell how big he was.

AintNoOtherMan

No, thankfully. I'm afraid of alligators lol. Just did research though and there have been very few fatal attacks in the US... Just never swim in Florida ponds o:

Disneyhead'71

There is really no need to worry about gators. They are in general extremely lazy and not very aggressive.

What I have seen in WDW that concerns me is Black Widows Spiders. Every time I have been to DAK I have literally seen hundreds.

DWLove

I am not 100% sure if it was actually one or not as it was quick glance in the dark when I was running the Everest Challenge race- by the small pond in the parking lots. I have however I have seen a few snakes, including a fairly large one at ASM resort, saw it bite someone!

DABIGCHEEZ

Here is a link to same topic, where I posted a pic and a video. I have a video of the one at SSR as well. We see Gators everytime we are there... at some point or another. Canals, ponds and in/near the parks. We have seena small one in the reeds in the lake in front of DHS, obviously in AK(by video in other thread, although a baby there) and un MK by rafts to TSI and back behind Rivers of America from the train. Most resorts we have stayed , we have seen one or two also. The lake in front of Kidani village had 2 fairly lage gators a few years back too! It's not a WDW trip without the Gator pic! Seen a few snakes as well.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/i-saw-a-croc-in-the-ak.864399/page-3#post-5471655

Last edited:

disneypearl

I've seen an alligator from the monorail before. I wish I could have seen it longer but we were moving. It still was really neat to see.

WDW 3

I saw one in 2011 in the Rivers of America. Hanging around by the wooden path. And in 2012 we saw one sunning beside a pond outside of Magic Kingdom.

jlsHouston

We saw the one armed one at Easter 2012 by the raft that take you to Tom Sawyer Island and that summer we saw a baby one twice in the bayou that is in front of the BC walking to the bus stops

Allym146

There is really no need to worry about gators. They are in general extremely lazy and not very aggressive.

What I have seen in WDW that concerns me is Black Widows Spiders. Every time I have been to DAK I have literally seen hundreds.

I need a dislike button for this post!!:arghh:

As for alligators, I haven't seen one there, but when walking along the sassalouga river I always look!

Obi

gosh dang it! I haven't seen an alligator when I've been there. Just another magical thing Disney is taking away. Spend all this money and not see one gator. :)

Scuttle

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom