Have you ever come across an Alligator on your Disney trip?

Kevo

Saw a 6ft one in the lake at Celebration once. It was sloooowly drifting around the water by the walkway.
It never took its eyes off all of the passers by.
Next time I return I will take a box of pencils as backup, just in case!

Figmentation

Actually.. saw one on my last trip, there was one sunning down at the bottom of Splash Mountain.
Cute little guy too, was fairly tiny... but big enough to have Disney Animal Control come out and try and get him out of there. :p

FettFan

Yep: At Living With the Land
Gator_Pond.jpg

As for wild alligators...no.

Except for Ice Gator, that is.
Blizzard%20Beach%20008.jpg

He's been known to get kind of wild sometimes.

Nemo14

We used to see them in the ponds at CBR all the time back in the 90's. I've seen them from the bridgey-walkway behind the riverboat at MK often. I don't think we've ever had a trip in 25+years of visiting where we haven't seen at least one. It's FL after all! In fact, we just saw one last week by the dock at WL.

Cmdr_Crimson

Saw one a few years back swimming in the small lake by the AK Parking lot (The one that's by where CM's park)
and a Huge one and I mean HUGE sitting by a river on my way back to the Airport..This was off property..

PigletIsMyCat

yup, driving around property somewhere between port orleans and the mcdonald's on the animal kingdom side of property. i was driving so i don't remember exactly where, but my darling husband asked me to pull over so he could get closer to take a photo. 'closer' meant about 4 feet in on the grass, still over 10 yards from the thing. gator was not happy and took a couple of steps toward my husband, who quickly jumped back in the car.

we also had them in the lake behind our apartment complex by 27 and 192.

Played golf at one of the Disney Courses last October, on on of the final holes there was a small gator (probably a foot and half) sitting right by one of the hazards. I was excited to see it, my father was definitely not. I have seen some very large gators underneath the bridges on the roads between WDW and the airport while riding Magical Express.

WDWoptmist

Well Ive lived in Florida my whole life so Alligators arent that scary I guess to me as to most because they are just a part of nature here but in the pond next the Space Mountain on the other side of the train tracks there was a pretty nice sized gator and they were sending in a team to catch him when we were riding by on the train...but thats the only time at WDW that Ive seen one that wasnt placed there by Disney lol

lisa 1989

We saw our first one at All Stars back in '95, in the car park! We had some "first timers" with us who were somewhat un-nerved by the meeting. Since becoming DVC members in '96 we regularly see them at Old Key West, our home resort.

FerretAfros

I saw a pretty big one about 15 years ago along the banks of Rivers of America near Splash Mountain. It was probably at least 8-10', and had amassed quite a crowd of guests gawking at it from the boardwalk. It definitely sets WDW's ROA apart from DL's!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom