Have you ever come across an Alligator on your Disney trip?

palminnie

BCV Alligator1.JPG
Here is a picture of the alligator I saw one in the lagoon in front of the Beach Club Villas two years ago. It was there our entire stay.

Attachments

• BCV Alligator2.JPG
    BCV Alligator2.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 52

ddbowdoin

Yes, but not face to face. We were staying at the Beach Club and in the water by the bridge walking toward the bus terminal I saw the eyes peeking out from the water. I called over a CM who called it in, 10 minutes later a Disney animal control man was down by the water, tossing marshmellows in the water to entice the little guy. He was pretty small, maybe 3.5 feet long but enough to take a nice bite out of ones leg.

KCheatle

When I was younger (back in the 80s), my brother saw one on the jungle cruise. That was his favorite ride, and so we rode it numerous times each trip for many years. On this ride, he started shooting his toy gun at what he thought was one of the hippos in the water, and I remember my mom looking over and saying something to the effect of "that Hippo was not there the last time..." I don't remember the details exactly because I was young, but she said that the skipper saw the gator, and the ride was temporarily closed after that.

Since then, I have not seen one despite keeping a lookout.

HOWEVER...we did run into something which IMHO is way creepier! When my daughter was 2 1/2 (so, back in 2008), we were at Typhoon Lagoon. She was in the kiddie section riding on the river raft ride when my DH and I noticed a small black snake in the water!!! He quickly grabbed in and tried to throw it over the hedge. Unfortunately, in his haste, he didn't throw it very accurately and it ended up landing right on top of this lady walking about 20 feet away from us (I bet she had nightmares for awhile after that!). Later on, we were leaving the area when we saw what we think was the mama snake slithering across the path to exit from the area. She was no small thing. We quickly called a cast member, but by the time they got there, she had slithered her way back into the bushes.

IWantMyMagicBand

Whats your story...
The night before I left for home I decided to take a walk onto an island in the center of a pond at the resort I stayed at. It was all grass, garden and a golf hole and a nice wide bridge to it with a walkway. What would be so scary about that, I see something in the water and thought nothing of it but started to creep myself out, I go to take a look and I find myself 3 feet away face to face with an alligator bigger than me. This thing was between me and the bridge and I found myself running zig zag. I look back and the lazy thing is in the same spot, never moved, I could swear it was laughing at me and looking at me like I was crazy.
Was it Old Key West? We stayed in building 63, overlooking an island hole and had a baby alligator lurking under the traffic bridge most days. I'll try and find a picture but it may be on our old laptop.

Tater48

We have seen them in the lakes and waterways around Animal Kingdom, but for us all we have to do is look across the pond here at the house. They are all over the place in Central Florida and you really have to watch out for them on the roads during mating season. Here's the female that lives in the pond across the street from the house. She's only about a 6 footer.

Mama Gator
by Tater48, on Flickr

Graham9

We saw loads of them. One in particular was pure white. Some were babies, some were fully grown adults up to 1,000 pounds. Some were basking in the sun, others floating with just their eyes above water.

We were on the way to Coronado Springs hotel and we had stopped off at Gatorland and saw thousands of them.

;)

DisneyDad1977

No. But several years ago I saw several members of maintenance entering a wooded area between Odyssey and the Mexico Pavilion in Epcot. They were armed with large nets and some stout metal truncheons. I have no doubt that there was an alligator amongst the reeds. You could hear them yelling incoherently for several minutes......and then silence.

disneygirl1024

We saw one from the walkway at Wilderness Lodge once and I swear I saw one from the steamboat in the Rivers of America.

I believe you about the gator in the Rivers of America because last year I was standing in line for Haunted Mansion and I saw one in the water just relaxing. Also the bus driver that picked us up at POR pointed one out in one of the smaller ponds by the roadway on resort property. It was a lil one!

75disney

I have seen one in the lake at Coronado Springs. It would always be near the outside seating by the main building. It was not very big, it was about 5 feet long.
We were CSR in November and we saw a small gator in that same location. My girls were thrilled to have it and a few turtles as their breakfast companions.

coachwnh

saw this one waiting at the boat dock from FW back to MK after dinner at the Hoop Dee Do

Untitled
by coachwnh, on Flickr

They actually had to stop the boats and wait for him to leave before we could board. He swan around for about 5 minutes.

If you ever do a private fireworks cruise from any of the MK resorts, they will actually spot for gators as you boat over Bay Lake.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom