1. The new WDWMAGIC app for iPhone and iPad is now available on the App Store.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Haunted Mansion Restaurant

Discussion in 'WDW Parks News, Rumors and Current Events' started by EasyRover, May 1, 2017.

1. drwadadli

drwadadli Premium Member

Between the Mansion and River of America would be the most logical place to have it whether the crypts are present or not. You have something against the crypts???

2. HMF

HMF Well-Known Member

The interactive ones, yes. Here would be my ideal layout.
    [​IMG]

3. drwadadli

drwadadli Premium Member

I think the crypts keep the kids entertained which is why I would keep them. Why remove the Tangled Tower? It has nothing to do with HM

4. HMF

HMF Well-Known Member

The Tangled Tower ruins sightlines in Liberty Square. as for the other thing.

upload_2017-5-18_15-1-5.png

ssaamm likes this.
  5. drwadadli

drwadadli Premium Member

So true quote......Adults play with the crypts as much as kids do!!!!!

6. Magicart87

Magicart87 Well-Known Member

I say remove some crypts, fix others and move the rest by the exit. The Tangle Tower is an unfortunate sight-line issue. Is there no way to hide it with a massive berm?

7. peter11435

peter11435 Well-Known Member

Obviously management tells departments what to do. I fully understand how WDI operates. But I can assure you that those working on the project were very passionate about what they were working on and happy with its outcome. I agree that the Mansion was better off without it, but it's not true to make a blanket statement that WDI didn't want it.

tfrog, Kman101 and Sped2424 like this.
  8. peter11435

You're cutting off a sizable chuck of queue by moving the entry. Where do you plan to make up for that queue capacity?

9. drwadadli

drwadadli Premium Member

They should be able to hide it.

Princess Leia likes this.
  10. Magicart87

Agreed. Shame they haven't.

What if they repainted the tower on the side facing Liberty Square so that it looks like a church steeple then build up an old church facade around it. And further "hide" it from ground level view by using a newly built covered bridge walkway (taking design inspirations from The Legend of Sleepy Hollow).

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  11. HMF

HMF Well-Known Member

12. Magicart87

13. HMF

HMF Well-Known Member

The entrance will be moved as well. I am aiming to decrease the Mansions overall footprint on Liberty Square. and make the house look more imposing. See photos from 1971 for what I am talking about and the two trees on the lawn will be gone.

Magicart87 likes this.
  14. HMF

HMF Well-Known Member

How can they fix them?

15. HMF

HMF Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind re-theming the area to serve as a thematic bridge between Liberty Square and Fantasyland.

Magicart87 likes this.
  16. peter11435

I know you're moving the entrance, thus my question. By moving the entrance you are cutting out a large portion of the queue. Where do you plan to replace this?

17. Magicart87

Redesign the family murder mystery busts so that they are less toony. Make crypts look more like weathered stone vs plastic. Re-purpose the "organist crypt" and place where captain cullpepper currently resides. Make it a parked gypsy caravan. Remove the hat, feet, and hands from the Captain Cullpepper crypt and place where leota headstone is now or nearest in direction to PotC, anchor the scene with a few tombstone cannons guests can "fire" in that general direction. Add an AA raven somewhere. Put Leota, Xavier and Marc's headstones in a place where guests must walk around them, a redesigned space with what should be adequate burial plot footage. Add a large weeping willow somewhere. A small pond with callback to mr. toad. All other interactive crypts should be placed at exit of ride.

Both queues should consist of non-interactive and interactive elements (indistinguishable) and should include some type of thematic landscaping and dare I say maybe even a well kept garden or a decaying one.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
    mandstaft, Princess Leia and HMF like this.
  18. Bocabear

Bocabear Well-Known Member

Using the Mike Fink Keelboats building, you could enter the Restaurant check in spot there, and create an additional walkway that would skirt the water, though elevated to walkway level, running alongside the queue, then swing in behind the PLQ to the actual restaurant entrance... Happy Haunts Restaurant.jpg

Rodan75, zengoth, Magicart87 and 4 others like this.
  19. PJBuckeye

PJBuckeye Active Member

So does that pesky Castle

ChrisM and Sonic Sunglasses like this.
  20. Magicart87

Did they specifically mention it being a waste of money? If so I find that very intriguing especially if they knew it was bad and why that hasn't influenced their decision to remove it.