1. The new WDWMAGIC app for iPhone and iPad is now available on the App Store.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Haunted Mansion Restaurant

Discussion in 'WDW Parks News, Rumors and Current Events' started by EasyRover, May 1, 2017.

1. HMF

HMF Well-Known Member

I really must emphasize that if WDW is all you are familiar with. A trip to Disneyland is really worth looking into. It will change the way you see the parks.

larryz and TheGhostWithTheMost like this.
  2. MaximumEd

MaximumEd Member

Agree. My wife and I went last October for our anniversary. It was different. My wife didn't care for it nearly as much as I did. Personally, I loved it. The "blessing of size" gets old to me. I loved being able to just walk everywhere.

larryz and HMF like this.
  3. Bocabear

Bocabear Well-Known Member

If WDW has "The Blessing Of Size" Disneyland has "The Blessing Of Quality and Detail"...WDW has been lacking in these.

4. Bocabear

Maybe they could update the xit area and move Captain Culpepper and the Speak To The Dearly Departed crypt over on that side... the Book case game crypt thing just needs to disappear...far too plasticy looking. I wish the organ and bas reliefs looked like aged bronze...and again less resin looking... it really cheapens it.

The Duck and Magicart87 like this.
  5. George

George Liker of Things Premium Member

Correct. This is why I purchased 802 acres of land in rural Indiana and painstakingly construct each new attraction after watching online videos. I can then experience the attraction without making the trip and my opinion is completely valid. I even hire locals to stand in line and make the new attraction area more crowded...I'll have up to 4 attractions at once before I tear one down. I should post some pics. I think I did better with the floating mountains than all those so called experts employed by Disney.

6. Nickels5

Nickels5 Well-Known Member

Whose saying that? The point is you cant truly grasp whats going on unless you experience first hand, do you disagree with that? I wouldn't comment on how the parks in Disneyland look or are run because I have never been there and my opinion would be uneducated.

Sonic Sunglasses likes this.
  7. Magicart87

Magicart87 Well-Known Member

Oh the interactive queue: such an ugly, boorish, expensive yet cheap-looking addition that only distracts and diminishes from the outward aesthetic of the mansion. So much filler. I still can't wrap my noggin around why WDI thought it was needed in the first place. And worse, why it was done so poorly. Moving those crypts to the exit would certainly help. Heck the Cpatain Culpepper tomb should just as well be placed nearer the Liberty Square docks. Or better still, in a dedicated HM themed bathroom. The Speak to the Dearly Departed crypt should just be removed entirely. The rest of the interactive elements somewhat work but they just look cheap, toy-like. Of course, it doesn't help that they lack the realism of stone, as you mentioned. I agree that moving most of this to the exit would be preferable. At least there it would better fit the ride's narrative, the progression from spooky to kooky. If they can do this to the mansion it makes me very worried about the restaurant.

The Duck and Bocabear like this.
  8. larryz

larryz Well-Known Member

To put it in movie terms, DL is "The Shop Around The Corner." WDW is "Fox Books."

Last edited: May 18, 2017
    MaximumEd likes this.
  9. larryz

larryz Well-Known Member

I think WDW knew they were going to have HORRENDOUS stand-by lines, and added the interactive queue to try and placate the long-suffering guests to keep them from marching en masse to Customer Service (after stopping in the gift shops to buy pitchforks and hot tar) demanding restitution for having to stand in line for such a long time.

10. Bocabear

Funny thing is, prior to Faspass Plus, there really weren't bad lines...

11. HMF

HMF Well-Known Member

All three crypts violate the logic of the show and must be removed.

Magicart87 likes this.
  12. HMF

HMF Well-Known Member

It was a solution to a problem THEY invented. HM does not need Fastpass and trying to force it in only creates more problems.

Magicart87 and MaximumEd like this.
  13. HMF

HMF Well-Known Member

WDI didn't think it was needed, Management did.

14. HMF

HMF Well-Known Member

At the very least if they screw up the restaurant. They won't force you to go in.

15. Bairstow

Bairstow Well-Known Member

Park attendence grew substantially during the same time. Considering that the ride is an omnimover I think that's the bigger factor.

Rodan75 and peter11435 like this.
  16. peter11435

peter11435 Well-Known Member

You speak for WDI now?

Sonic Sunglasses likes this.
  17. Prince Thomas

Prince Thomas Well-Known Member

........and youre on this forum for what reason??????

Kman101 and Bocabear like this.
  18. drwadadli

drwadadli Premium Member

I think this idea the best

Princess Leia likes this.
  19. HMF

HMF Well-Known Member

WDI does what management tells it to. It is much closer to Disney Consumer Products than it is to WED Enterprises these days.

20. HMF

HMF Well-Known Member

I would accept it only if the three crypts from PLQ disappear as part of the deal.