Haunted Mansion Restaurant

HMF

Between the Mansion and River of America would be the most logical place to have it whether the crypts are present or not. You have something against the crypts???
The interactive ones, yes. Here would be my ideal layout.
full

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I think the crypts keep the kids entertained which is why I would keep them. Why remove the Tangled Tower? It has nothing to do with HM

I say remove some crypts, fix others and move the rest by the exit. The Tangle Tower is an unfortunate sight-line issue. Is there no way to hide it with a massive berm?

peter11435

WDI does what management tells it to. It is much closer to Disney Consumer Products than it is to WED Enterprises these days.
Obviously management tells departments what to do. I fully understand how WDI operates. But I can assure you that those working on the project were very passionate about what they were working on and happy with its outcome. I agree that the Mansion was better off without it, but it's not true to make a blanket statement that WDI didn't want it.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
They should be able to hide it.

Agreed. Shame they haven't.

What if they repainted the tower on the side facing Liberty Square so that it looks like a church steeple then build up an old church facade around it. And further "hide" it from ground level view by using a newly built covered bridge walkway (taking design inspirations from The Legend of Sleepy Hollow).

Last edited:

HMF

You're cutting off a sizable chuck of queue by moving the entry. Where do you plan to make up for that queue capacity?
The entrance will be moved as well. I am aiming to decrease the Mansions overall footprint on Liberty Square. and make the house look more imposing. See photos from 1971 for what I am talking about and the two trees on the lawn will be gone.

HMF

Agreed. Shame they haven't.

What if they repainted the tower on the side facing Liberty Square so that it looks like a church steeple then build up an old church facade around it. And further "hide" it from ground level view by using a newly built covered bridge walkway (taking design inspirations from The Legend of Sleepy Hollow).
I wouldn't mind re-theming the area to serve as a thematic bridge between Liberty Square and Fantasyland.

peter11435

The entrance will be moved as well. I am aiming to decrease the Mansions overall footprint on Liberty Square. and make the house look more imposing. See photos from 1971 for what I am talking about and the two trees on the lawn will be gone.
I know you're moving the entrance, thus my question. By moving the entrance you are cutting out a large portion of the queue. Where do you plan to replace this?

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
How can they fix them?

Redesign the family murder mystery busts so that they are less toony. Make crypts look more like weathered stone vs plastic. Re-purpose the "organist crypt" and place where captain cullpepper currently resides. Make it a parked gypsy caravan. Remove the hat, feet, and hands from the Captain Cullpepper crypt and place where leota headstone is now or nearest in direction to PotC, anchor the scene with a few tombstone cannons guests can "fire" in that general direction. Add an AA raven somewhere. Put Leota, Xavier and Marc's headstones in a place where guests must walk around them, a redesigned space with what should be adequate burial plot footage. Add a large weeping willow somewhere. A small pond with callback to mr. toad. All other interactive crypts should be placed at exit of ride.

Both queues should consist of non-interactive and interactive elements (indistinguishable) and should include some type of thematic landscaping and dare I say maybe even a well kept garden or a decaying one.

Last edited:

Bocabear

I know you're moving the entrance, thus my question. By moving the entrance you are cutting out a large portion of the queue. Where do you plan to replace this?
Using the Mike Fink Keelboats building, you could enter the Restaurant check in spot there, and create an additional walkway that would skirt the water, though elevated to walkway level, running alongside the queue, then swing in behind the PLQ to the actual restaurant entrance...
Happy Haunts Restaurant.jpg

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
The Queue was one part of the biggest examples of throwing away money in WDW history. If in doubt, go ask "The Puckish Gladhandler" or the "Oddly waifish man of anemic personality".

Did they specifically mention it being a waste of money? If so I find that very intriguing especially if they knew it was bad and why that hasn't influenced their decision to remove it.

HMF

Obviously management tells departments what to do. I fully understand how WDI operates. But I can assure you that those working on the project were very passionate about what they were working on and happy with its outcome. I agree that the Mansion was better off without it, but it's not true to make a blanket statement that WDI didn't want it.
Did they specifically mention it being a waste of money? If so I find that very intriguing especially if they knew it was bad and why that hasn't influenced their decision to remove it.
Disney rarely (if ever) publicly admits mistakes. Just read the press briefings about DCA 2.0. If MM+ was the amazing success Rasulo and Staggs thought it would be. Why aren't they still with the company?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom