Harry Potter....and it looks amazing

You are correct, I thought about adding, times have changed in my orginial post. At the same time, there was no reason for Disney to invest. The real issue with times has changed, goes back Disney quailty over the past years. The days of branding Disney with quality is over. Now it's just do a little better than the next guy. Disney is setting on its past name sake until forced to change.
Very well said , and from the looks of the attraction and what ive been hearing from insiders its more immersive than anything Disney as built in the last 13 years.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I find it hilarious that here the arguments about FJ upstage the actual video of FJ.
:lol: :hammer:

Hopefully people are not watching the video. You cant judge something like this from a consumer grade camera on YouTube and make any conclusion. This is one that needs to be experienced first hand.

EpcotServo

Hopefully people are not watching the video. You cant judge something like this from a consumer grade camera on YouTube and make any conclusion. This is one that needs to be experienced first hand.

Of course.

Doesn't stop them from being mentioned a million times when the first one comes out. It's a big hype point for every major attraction, the first POV...Midway Mania's first POV spread like wildfire on this site, and it was in 3-D.
:lol:

primusjim

ok, so setting aside the hilarious back-and-forth arguments between the people who aren't ready to crown the Potter ride as the greatest thing a person can experience with their clothes on vs. those who think the naysayers are in denial because their grandma's gardener's ex-BFF's sister's dog walker texted that the ride is going to be the foundation in which all future religions will be based.
Outside of us rabid theme park fans, I think there is potential for a lot of disappointment for the general public due to this thoroughly stupid advertising campaign calling Potterland the "New Harry Potter Theme Park." Most of us here already know just about everything to expect when we get there, but I imagine people getting excited about this only from those ads are going to be incredibly underwhelmed.

disneysroyal411

ok, so setting aside the hilarious back-and-forth arguments between the people who aren't ready to crown the Potter ride as the greatest thing a person can experience with their clothes on vs. those who think the naysayers are in denial because their grandma's gardener's ex-BFF's sister's dog walker texted that the ride is going to be the foundation in which all future religions will be based.

Reread that a few times to fully understand and comprehend it, lol.

magicmaya

I'm watching Harry Potter and The Order of Phoenix right now. I'm gonna watch every potter movie before I step foot in that world so I would understand EVERYTHING that's going on. :lol:

toolsnspools

Looks like Uni has a hit here. Credit given where credit is deserved. Of my next decade of Orlando trips, I'm sure a few of them will go to Uni, but HP actually will have little to do with that.

My kids are now 7, 10 and 12. Uni's problem is that they still primarily cater to the 10-25 age group. That leaves the 1-9 and the 25-60+ age groups to WDW. They are only going to attract roughly 25% of the guests that WDW does. Until they expand into the other age groups, Disney has very little to worry about.

cdunbar

I have the WHOLE series and I really wanna read the whole thing, but whenever I pick one of the books up, I fall asleep. I get kinda mad because I wanna read them soooooo badly! :cry:
Actually this time of year when you're out of school is a great time to read because you're not as tired from going to school all day. So maybe give it a shot. :)

Lee

Adventurer
Either way, the ultimate answer would be that the $400 - $500 million for this area is as far as they are prepared to go right now. Nothing any of us can do about that.

Which, for what we're getting, is WAY overpriced.
Unless the backstage infrastructure is VERY extensive and costly....no way FLE as we know it should run anywhere near that number.

HouCuseChickie

Nonono, read the books! Their much better.

I completely agree! The first 2 movies are very good representations of the books, but Prisoner of Azkaban is where you really need to start reading vs watching. The movies are all good and I love seeing them, but they're more eye candy than substance...IMO.

I would love to visit this attraction this year, but I think we'll wait until some of the novelty wears off, they add a few more things (saw something a while back about how this is just the beginning), and our kids are old enough to appreciate it.

And while this is a predominantly Disney site- can't we be fans of both? :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom