Harry Potter....and it looks amazing

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
It does look fantastic.

No doubt about it, Universal has a BIG winner on their hands. Only the most deluded Disney fan won't admit that.

Hopefully, this will encourage Disney to step up its game.

JustInTime

I agree. I am speechless. I have been watching videos of the new park for the last hour or so. I have canceled the yearly Disney trip and I intend to go to Potter now. The vacation packages are so much cheaper that Disney's too! I am a life long Disney fan but I can't wait for this...

magicmaya

Oh gosh. This makes me wanna cancel my wdw plans for next week. I hope this gives disney the signal to step their game up because if potter's better in person, I won't be stepping foot into MK this summer. This is just way too amazing! I'm glad uni did this so Disney would realize that they need to come out with some much, much bigger projects!

the-reason14

OMG! That is amazing! Disney does need to rethink some things after this. But, I am by no means a potter fan, so I won't be going to see it. But everyone else who does is good imo, maybe it'll be less crowded in wdw(doubt it)and maybe disney will realize they can't just make rides/attractions that get by. Time to step up, and make a few new game changers themselves.

RadioHead

Oh gosh. This makes me wanna cancel my wdw plans for next week. I hope this gives disney the signal to step their game up because if potter's better in person, I won't be stepping foot into MK this summer. This is just way too amazing! I'm glad uni did this so Disney would realize that they need to come out with some much, much bigger projects!

To bad it only takes an hour or 2 to experience the whole "land"...:/

Moritz Stiefel

It looks A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!

AwesomeAWESOMEAwesome!!!

I bet the lines are going to be ridiculous though. Wouldnt mind lining up when it looks as amazing as that! :sohappy:

TP2000

I have canceled the yearly Disney trip and I intend to go to Potter now. The vacation packages are so much cheaper that Disney's too! I am a life long Disney fan but I can't wait for this...

It's an impressive Disney-quality queue and facility, that's for sure. But it doesn't seem too terribly life changing; it's just a very well done ride at a theme park.

But perhaps your lack of desire to visit WDW again this year owes more to the fact that WDW hasn't added a major attraction since Everest opened four years ago, and before that the Soarin' clone in '05 and Mission:Space back in '03. WDW theme parks have been on auto-pilot for several years, and if you've ridden Everest a few times and are over the fading American Idol fad, then what would pull you back to WDW now? Nothing that I can think of. Video games in the Space Mountain queue perhaps?

Put some shiny new toy in Universal Orlando, and of course theme park fans are going to head that way instead. TDO has no one to blame but themselves for this phenomenon.

Spike-in-Berlin

Exactly what I hoped for, final some competition for Disney that challenges the management to build a little more than "Princesses and Fairies Meet and Greet Land". I hope guest attendance to the World will finally be affected heavily. And I am sure every single imagineer who has spent the last 10-15 years with designing the most fascinating rides for the World to just to see the designs shelved by some overly selfcomplacent management, thinks and hopes the same.

JT3000

OMG! That is amazing! Disney does need to rethink some things after this. But, I am by no means a potter fan, so I won't be going to see it.

You'd have to not be a fan of theme parks in general to not have any interest in seeing this. I'm not even a Potter fan* myself, in any shape or form, yet your statement has me perplexed. This is easily the most exciting thing in themed environments in a decade.

* I was in fact anti-Potter, if you will, for a long time.

To bad it only takes an hour or 2 to experience the whole "land"...:/

Not happening. You'll be lucky if you spend less than three hours waiting in this line alone.

fireworkz

his will definetly have an impact on Disney. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCvxmI6sIA8

It does look amazing - great job and I bet it will be packed, but afraid to say this will have very little or no impact on Disney in terms of park attendance, might even result in an increase. Because for every person who decides to visit Uni instead of WDW there will be that many or more coming for Potter, but planning to visit WDW too. After all you can do Islands and Uni in two or three days. What are you going to do for the rest of the week? Remember the majority of guest can't visit Orlando once or more every year, so of course they will go to both. Potter is something that may help draw them to Orlando more when planning their next trip.

There is only one way this will hit Disney enough to make TDO stand up and notice and that's at the resorts. If those who are coming for both parks stay in Uni hotels and Uni area off-sites, resulting in lower numbers at WDW resorts over a long period of time, only then may TDO push a big major new project or more likely tweak the FL Forest to offer more.

Kamikaze

Two things: Its only one small land. Its not like Uni is plopping down an entire amazing park that will draw people away in droves. Sure, people will go see it, but it isn't suddenly making Uni a contender for guests entire vacations.

Second: It will go to **** within a couple of years because Uni does not maintain anything correctly.

erasure fan1

OK lets not get to ahead of ourselves. I am not a Harry Potter fan in the least but I will say it does look pretty dang good. But to say you would cancel a trip to Disney or just not go to Disney to see 2 re-themed attractions, a walking/riding tour seems a bit off the deep end. Once they have a couple more original attractions then I can see it. For now its just not worth it for the few things to see. Even my wife (who is a HP nut) said she would love to see it but their just isnt enough there yet to make it worth the trip.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
No one said it`s a new park. It is a new land with what will be seen as the next bar in theme park dark rides, places to eat and shop, and existing attraction rebranded.

It won`t change visiting habits, but it will draw more people to Uni, including those who havn`t been before. And hopefully it will kick TDO into realising they have to aim higher again.

Regarding Unis maintainence, it is just the opposite. I`ve talked for a year or so now about the active effect check system with reporting to 3rd shift. I`ve spoken first hand to the team who instigated this. Their maintainence is streets ahead of what it used to be, and other parks could learn a thing or two too.

Anyone visiting Orlando who dosn`t aim to see at least IOA, let alone both parks, needs their bumps feeling IMHO. Their loss. I said this before Potter, and I stand by it. I`m not a Potter fan but I can`t wait until August 30th when I`ll experience it for real.

Horizonsfan

I just wandered through the area two days ago and the whole land is incredible from what I could see. (I could only see above/through contruction fences along the way to Dueling Dragons.) The theming of the area is so incredibly immersive, way more so than anything that TDO approved in recent years. I've never been real wild about universal but after wandering through that area I really want to come back to fully experience the land.

If TLM isn't a full-blown E-ticket (as our insiders have aluded to) and/or TDO skimps on the small details in this FL expansion, they are going to have a lot of angy or disappointed fans.

chrisdadrocks

We changed our plans.

We are going on our honeymoon in August and we were going to spend all four full night in the World but we change dour plans after seeing this. I am a big Potter fan but my soon to be wife is not, and in fact never has seen the movies or read the books. She was the one who suggested we change our plans to include Universal. So now we are going to split Animal Kingdom for the day and Studios for the afternoon. Now what this means is what we were going to spend at these parks will be cut in half and it also mean we have cut across the board so we can afford to get a taxi and eat while at Universal. We canceled a dinner reservation at California Grill which we would have dropped $75.00 easy. So it will this kill Disney - no. However, if more people do what I am doing maybe it would make a dent and start on a bigger project. Just my two cents.

Spike-in-Berlin

Dumbledore looks amazing! I cannot wait to try this! :sohappy:

Yes but the took GAMBON as Dumbledore! I hate Gambon, his lifeless and out-of-character Dumbledore impersonation was a major insult to anyone who read the books or saw the Harris-Dumbledore. Harris was the true Dumbledore, it is so sad that he died after only two movies. And I am not the only one. Check discussion boards, check IMDB and movie critics, most HP-fans dislike Gambon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom