Halloween Party

mouse_luv

I've been curious, are the crowds small enough for this that you can see all the parades, candy, etc and still ride most of the park attractions? Would it make up for an entire day at MK or is it more of an add-on after you've already spent a day in MK?

If you get there at 4 and get your wristband you can start riding rides and standing in lines for rare characters(if that's your thing). The trick or treating and everything else doesn't start until 7. And many of us were standing foot to foot on the curb at the second party a few years back to hold our ground for a place to see the Boo to You! parade. It goes very quickly (and this is from someone that didn't trick or treat at the last party we attended).

The_Jobu

If you get there at 4 and get your wristband you can start riding rides and standing in lines for rare characters(if that's your thing). The trick or treating and everything else doesn't start until 7. And many of us were standing foot to foot on the curb at the second party a few years back to hold our ground for a place to see the Boo to You! parade. It goes very quickly (and this is from someone that didn't trick or treat at the last party we attended).

Sounds like we'd need the full day and this would be another day. Thanks!

BAChicagoGal

I went to the party on Friday night , and it was very crowded. I waited 1 hour to see Jack, and Sally. However that's because they are very interactive. I freaked when the pictures took a while to show up in my Memory Maker. Great parade. Great fireworks. Great castle show. Lots of candy stations, although I did not trick or treat. I stayed til the end, but they do not rush you out. Arrived back to my hotel at 2am.

Scoppin

It starts at 7:00 but the lines start way before. We were there on the 2nd. ( our first time) got in line at 6:20 for the seven dwarfs meet and greet and it took us 2 hours. It was totally worth it but next time I would probably get in line a little before. Also the jack and Sally meet and greet looked hours long at around 6:10. A few of the other meet a greet around us seemed to go really quick so I don't think you would need to get in line to early for them. Loved the Halloween party!! Went by fast.

Glad you enjoyed it. However, I am not sure if we would wait 2 hours for a M&G. Seems to be a lot of time for one M&G, especially since there is some much else to do; other M&Gs, trick or treating, etc.

mouse_luv

That is just outrageous. I know they are rare but.
It's one of those things that just happen. I got there at 4 and never did get to meet Jack and Sally because the line was already long and we prioritized meeting Jack Sparrow over them since we are big Pirates fans. I also wanted to meet the 7 Dwarfs but that didn't happen either due to lines and not wanting to stand in crazy character lines all night when there was so much other rare things I needed to do.

mouse_luv

This I will have to keep in mind. Thank you.
I agree with @Matt_Black but this did not happen at our party. It rained prior and then lightly sprinkled through our first boo to you, so people stuck around for the later one too, so both parades were crowded. And this was everywhere along the route b/c we watched the first one on MSUSA in front of the emporium and the 2nd one in Frontierland.

Scoppin

It's one of those things that just happen. I got there at 4 and never did get to meet Jack and Sally because the line was already long and we prioritized meeting Jack Sparrow over them since we are big Pirates fans. I also wanted to meet the 7 Dwarfs but that didn't happen either due to lines and not wanting to stand in crazy character lines all night when there was so much other rare things I needed to do.

I think my two would like to see some other characters as well. Maybe Jack Sparrow, but also high on list may be Abu, Genie, Lotso, and Monster Inc crew.

mouse_luv

I think my two would like to see some other characters as well. Maybe Jack Sparrow, but also high on list may be Abu, Genie, Lotso, and Monster Inc crew.
Be aware that only Genie was out and then you can't meet the Monsters Inc crew at the Party, they do a "dance party" in TL and they enforce the no meet and greet part of it, b/c believe me I tried my hardest to meet George Sanderson a few years ago lol

Scoppin

Be aware that only Genie was out and then you can't meet the Monsters Inc crew at the Party, they do a "dance party" in TL and they enforce the no meet and greet part of it, b/c believe me I tried my hardest to meet George Sanderson a few years ago lol

That is a shame. Did you try the birthday angle? DS will be celebrating his birthday that week.

CheerT1

I could not believe how fast the night went.
Here was our night ( 6 of us. Our 4 kids 6,8,10,11 and my husband and myself)
3:50 going through bag check
4:00pm got in and got party bands
4:05 In line to see Mickey
4:30 in line to see tinkerbell ( we were all dressed as petter pan characters so wanted to do this )
5:00 going to get treat bags
Walked to tomorrow land after
5:20 went over to splash mountin
6:20 in line to meet 7 dwarfs
( husband took kids to eat dinner and ride barn stormer and some trick or treating then came back to join me in line at 8:00pm)
8:20pm photos with seven dwarfs
8:30 More candy trick or treat
9:00 Peter Pan ride
9:20 went find seats for castle show
10:00 celebrate he magic
10:15 happy hallowishes
10:40 hocus pocus villan spectacular
After Got seats for headless horseman and parade
11:15 boo to you parade
After parade went to get Halloween merchandise
Then headed to try to make 7 dwarfs mine train ride but it was 12:05 and line was closed.
It went so fast!!
This was our first party and we were spending 2 other days at magic kingdom so the rides were not a huge priority. A few things I would do differently next time - see Mickey a different time. The wait said 10 minutes But it was longer. Now that we have seen seven dwarfs next time we would skip that and meet other characters. But still really happy we got to see them. Kids really wanted to trick or treat so that was fine. Maybe next time try some of the special desserts or dance party Over all i don't think I would change much. We had a wonderful time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom