Halloween Party

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
I'll be going in September. I can't remember exactly, but are you really getting anything else besides 5 hours in the MK with "fewer" people, a special fireworks show, and a special parade?

I feel like I am missing something.

I do think it's worth the $72/person just for 5 hours in the MK, but hopefully they don't sell too many tickets because people don't see the value.

belledream

You also get Meet & Greet opportunities with rarer characters or characters in Halloween costumes, and trick or treating around the park. (Even as adults :p).

MK just has a different aura about it with all the orange and green lights cast around the streets.

We had a lot of fun, but it's not something we felt we had to do every year. Experienced it once and that was perfect for the foreseeable future.

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
You also get Meet & Greet opportunities with rarer characters or characters in Halloween costumes, and trick or treating around the park. (Even as adults :p).

MK just has a different aura about it with all the orange and green lights cast around the streets.

We had a lot of fun, but it's not something we felt we had to do every year. Experienced it once and that was perfect for the foreseeable future.
That's what it is...I was there a couple years ago and forgot the trick or treating. Looking forward to it!

Bairstow

The real appeal of the Halloween party as I've experienced it is the fact that because you get to enter with costumes, there's a slight reversal in the guest/cast member dynamic.
Instead of being a normal person touring a magical place filled with performers, you're getting to bring a bit of your own creativity into the mix, and hopefully getting some fun reactions from cast members and other guests.
Combined with the nonstandard music, it just kind of has an "Inmates run the asylum" kind of vibe to it that's really refreshing if you're a theme park regular.

Daniel Johnson

We always loved it, but. We are not going this year just because of our schedules at work wont allow it. We were able to ride everything we wanted, only things we didn't were Peter Pan, splash, and stitch that I remember. Saw all the parades and shows, and trick or treated. All between 4-1am.

JimboJones123

These holiday parties are such an incredible scam.

It is shocking how many cast members that normally get free entry show up every year.

Even more shocking, those that go almost every (if not every) single MNSSHP night.......

peter11435

These holiday parties are such an incredible scam.

It is shocking how many cast members that normally get free entry show up every year.

Even more shocking, those that go almost every (if not every) single MNSSHP night.......

How is it a scam. The ticket entitles the guest to 8 hours in the magic kingdom. That is longer than the average guest spends in the park. And you get that for less than the cost of a park ticket with the added benefit of enhanced and exclusive entertainment, reduced crowds, and treats.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Not sure if original post is missing a "t" in the last paragraph.

If it is I would agree. First time ever not doing it. Thought there was more of an effort at Disneyland as I realised as I was trying to think of all the activities event related.
Really do like the parade and fireworks so that will be a miss, the down scaled treats were hellish to my families tastes.

mousehockey37

What I do not get is how come we are ending August and there is no characters related news regarding the party.

If you mean a Soiree, don't look for that happening. If you mean a list of characters, it'll be close if not the same as last year.

As for Halloween setup, merchandise is out, decorations should be very soon. Think right after Labor Day.

matt9112

did you mention the lines for those characters? nah?

mitchk

I'll be going in September. I can't remember exactly, but are you really getting anything else besides 5 hours in the MK with "fewer" people, a special fireworks show, and a special parade?

I feel like I am missing something.

I do think it's worth the $72/person just for 5 hours in the MK, but hopefully they don't sell too many tickets because people don't see the value.

For the last 3 years we keep saying we're not going next year... But low and behold my wife and kid wanted to go so I guess this will be our last time..lol.. Really though, back in 2007, it was really worth it. The tickets were like $45, and only 5,000 tickets were sold per party. Now it's almost twice the cost, and 25,000 tickets sold... I understand a price increase, but the 5,000 tickets sold was awesome. I have pictures of myself in the thunder, and splash mountain lines with nobody but myself. That was real magic

peter11435

For the last 3 years we keep saying we're not going next year... But low and behold my wife and kid wanted to go so I guess this will be our last time..lol.. Really though, back in 2007, it was really worth it. The tickets were like $45, and only 5,000 tickets were sold per party. Now it's almost twice the cost, and 25,000 tickets sold... I understand a price increase, but the 5,000 tickets sold was awesome. I have pictures of myself in the thunder, and splash mountain lines with nobody but myself. That was real magic
It was not limited to 5,000 in 2007. It was less than the current 25,000 but not that low.

robonakabob

Kind of unrelated to this thread, but when do they start setting up Halloween stuff?
It goes up this week. The last day of Summer Trolley was today and the fall seasonal offerings including Trolley and MRFF (Sept. 2) begin this week. Some Halloween merch is already being sold at Emporium.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom