Halloween Party

peter11435

I'm sorry, but it was 5,000.... Trust me, I think then it went to 7,500. Then 25,000
I obviously can't change what you think you remember. But it was not 5000. It was a bit more than double that and there were many incremental increases before it reached 25,000.

mitchk

I obviously can't change what you think you remember. But it was not 5000. It was a bit more than double that and there were many incremental increases before it reached 25,000.

Ok, let's just both agree it was much less than 25,000, and it was a lot less crowded. Cool? I really wish you could tell me the exact number, and when the numbers increased, and by how much..... But you seem pretty sure of yourself, so you may be correct. Have a magical day my friend .. Sorry for any misunderstandings

Pam Hates Penguins

Good thing Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party is on October 9th. Otherwise there would be a lot of riots of people who didn't pay to get in that night.
Picture1.jpg

rodnyh

If you mean a Soiree, don't look for that happening. If you mean a list of characters, it'll be close if not the same as last year.

As for Halloween setup, merchandise is out, decorations should be very soon. Think right after Labor Day.
No. I do not care for a soiree like the ones they used to have. Im talking about a couple of more villains throughout the park. Maybe a Prince John or a Jafar or even a Foulfellow maybe. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Sonconato

Kind of unrelated to this thread, but when do they start setting up Halloween stuff?
If you're talking about decorations throughout the Park, they don't have them up yet but we were just there tonight and they already have merchandise out (see the following photos), so it probably won't be long for the decorations to follow.
IMG_2963.JPG
IMG_2964.JPG
IMG_2966.JPG
IMG_2967.JPG
IMG_2968.JPG
IMG_2969.JPG
IMG_2970.JPG
IMG_2971.JPG
IMG_2973.JPG

mousehockey37

If you're talking about decorations throughout the Park, they don't have them up yet but we were just there tonight and they already have merchandise out (see the following photos), so it probably won't be long for the decorations to follow.
View attachment 156651 View attachment 156652 View attachment 156653 View attachment 156654 View attachment 156655 View attachment 156656 View attachment 156657 View attachment 156658 View attachment 156659

We were there after labor day in 2014 (like day after) and it was all Halloween on Main St....

WDW862

Damn, I was at Animal Kingdom earlier, should of gone there instead.

Pleakley

The real appeal of the Halloween party as I've experienced it is the fact that because you get to enter with costumes, there's a slight reversal in the guest/cast member dynamic.
Instead of being a normal person touring a magical place filled with performers, you're getting to bring a bit of your own creativity into the mix, and hopefully getting some fun reactions from cast members and other guests.
Combined with the nonstandard music, it just kind of has an "Inmates run the asylum" kind of vibe to it that's really refreshing if you're a theme park regular.

I definitely agree, for me it is all about the vibe. You really feel part of the show and the trick-or-treating turns the whole crowd into excited children. Everybody seems to be more there for the experience, compared to other hot nights when it feels like they're just running between rides. This is all subjective, of course, but I just really enjoy the experience. Even though this year's prices are wayyy out of hand.

mouse_luv

The decorations will go up last week of Aug more than likely this year. They will be up before Labor Day and with the first party being 9/2 They will be up before then, they usually magically go up in one night.

mgpan

So lets' have a little fun with math shall we. Assuming, as per this discussion, there are 25,000 tickets available for each of the parties and there are 29 party nights, that's 725,000 tickets. Even though they won't all sell out let's say that they do. We'll balance that claim by going with only the cheapest price ticket to each and every night although prices many nights are higher. For simplicity, let's also say that the attendance will be split 50/50 adult/child (remember we're not accounting for higher ticket prices on some nights). So, that's 12,500 tickets at $67 and 12,500 tickets at $72. Plug these numbers in for those 29 parties and for the 2016 MNSSHP season you have a fairly conservative estimate of $50,387,500. Following the same process for the 21 MVMCP at 25,000 tickets per night split 50/50 adult/child, at lowest prices of $81 and $86, you get $43,837,500. I realize there are slightly lower priced DVC and AP tickets for some nights.

So the ever expanding "party season" at WDW is now a roughly estimated $94 million dollar income stream. This does not include parking, food, merchandise, add-on dessert parties, photos, etc. Remember as well that several hours of the party would have most likely been open to existing day ticket holders, so some labor and other expenses would have already been incurred.

Take these numbers loosely, and you can still see why these and other after hours events have become so popularized by WDW. Easter Eggstravaganza at AK anyone? 4th of July Founders Day Bash at EPCOT?

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

The Halloween Party is really awesome. You get two parades that are absolutely great. You get to see the Headless Horseman. You get to see other passionate Disney fans and Disney families showing their Disney spirit by dressing up and trick or treating. It's also the only time you can get a photo with Snow White and all 7 Dwarfs at once. We went a lot before we even had kids and loved it and now that we do have kids we still go a lot and love it even more. It's definitely not to be missed. Just a great all around experience. Also if you love to meet the villains it's the best time to do that too. They "take over" the Castle courtyard and are really fun to interact with. Jafar, Maleficient, the Wicked Queen, Cruella, and Fa Cellier are all out there. There's also a special dessert party they do inside the castle but it's really expensive. We've actually not done that one yet but might do that one next year. We will be at this year's party on September 8th.

asianway

The Halloween Party is really awesome. You get two parades that are absolutely great. You get to see the Headless Horseman. You get to see other passionate Disney fans and Disney families showing their Disney spirit by dressing up and trick or treating. It's also the only time you can get a photo with Snow White and all 7 Dwarfs at once. We went a lot before we even had kids and loved it and now that we do have kids we still go a lot and love it even more. It's definitely not to be missed. Just a great all around experience. Also if you love to meet the villains it's the best time to do that too. They "take over" the Castle courtyard and are really fun to interact with. Jafar, Maleficient, the Wicked Queen, Cruella, and Fa Cellier are all out there. There's also a special dessert party they do inside the castle but it's really expensive. We've actually not done that one yet but might do that one next year. We will be at this year's party on September 8th.
Snow White hasnt met with the dwarfs since 2009

CheerT1

Almost 1 week away from the first Halloween party of 2016. We are so excited and this will be our first one. Do you think we will see the schedule or anything before the 2nd?

BaconPancakes

How is it a scam. The ticket entitles the guest to 8 hours in the magic kingdom. That is longer than the average guest spends in the park. And you get that for less than the cost of a park ticket with the added benefit of enhanced and exclusive entertainment, reduced crowds, and treats.
Going to the party allows us a cheaper way to visit MK for one day during our Universal vacation. Doesn't sound like a scam to me!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom