Halloween Party

Scoppin

I was gonna say your first post said the 19th ... I was thinking how did they pull that off lol.... I'll be there the 20th

We were suppose to bet here on the 20th but had to change it to the 16th due to the for sure late night and having to get up early to attend HS to get DS signed up for Jedi training for his birthday the following day. This way, they can sleep in the following morning without worrying about missing much.

jloucks

Totally redundant... but gonna throw my two cents in anywho...
  • Great parade with horse and sparking shovels. ...err... that was cryptic, lemme try again. With the 'headless horseman" on a real horse as part of the parade and a bunch of costumed 'gravediggers' doing a choreographed number carrying shovels as also part of the parade. ...ok... that was not much better. YouTube it for spoilers.
  • Candy Corn ice cream. woah! Yea, I ate like 5 of them. ..same day. If you like candy corn, your headed for a big blast of heaven right into your mouth. ...yea.
  • Less crowded park. Worth double just for this. Pfft... triple!
  • Trick or Treat all over the park. CM's not stingy with the candy. Not the cheap junk either, not suckers and tootsie drools. We are talking Snickers, Reeses, 3 Musketeers, twix, twizzlers, etc. Oh yea!

Matt_Black

I've done it, and it's a lot of fun. I especially like the Jack Skellington meet & greet. I was in line, and Jack had to go and rest for a bit. Well, he came back out, and one of the guest in line didn't notice, as she was talking or on her phone or something, leaning up against the big planter in front of where Jack meets. So, Jack climbs up on the other side planter and creeps up behind her... Needless to say, we all got a good chuckle out of her reaction.

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

I've done it, and it's a lot of fun. I especially like the Jack Skellington meet & greet. I was in line, and Jack had to go and rest for a bit. Well, he came back out, and one of the guest in line didn't notice, as she was talking or on her phone or something, leaning up against the big planter in front of where Jack meets. So, Jack climbs up on the other side planter and creeps up behind her... Needless to say, we all got a good chuckle out of her reaction.
I've always wanted to do the meet and greet with Jack but the line is just always so insane that I've passed. I LOVE The Nightmare Before Christmas though. What's really lame is there's a Halloween Party for DVC Members only this year at the Contemporary but it's ONLY on October 31. Jack and Sally are both gonna be there. If it was during my trip next week I'd be there in a heartbeat! I'm gonna definitely suggest to DVC that they make that party more available.

CheerT1

I have a question, do the special events (treat or treating and special characters) start at 4:00 or 7:00 pm?
It starts at 7:00 but the lines start way before. We were there on the 2nd. ( our first time) got in line at 6:20 for the seven dwarfs meet and greet and it took us 2 hours. It was totally worth it but next time I would probably get in line a little before. Also the jack and Sally meet and greet looked hours long at around 6:10. A few of the other meet a greet around us seemed to go really quick so I don't think you would need to get in line to early for them. Loved the Halloween party!! Went by fast.

Matt_Black

It starts at 7:00 but the lines start way before. We were there on the 2nd. ( our first time) got in line at 6:20 for the seven dwarfs meet and greet and it took us 2 hours. It was totally worth it but next time I would probably get in line a little before. Also the jack and Sally meet and greet looked hours long at around 6:10. A few of the other meet a greet around us seemed to go really quick so I don't think you would need to get in line to early for them. Loved the Halloween party!! Went by fast.

Another good tactic- time your meet & greets for the first round of shows and parades. Many guests will hit those first so they can turn in early.

The_Jobu

I've been curious, are the crowds small enough for this that you can see all the parades, candy, etc and still ride most of the park attractions? Would it make up for an entire day at MK or is it more of an add-on after you've already spent a day in MK?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom