Trip Report Grandkids and Cat Tails and Banshees, OH MY!!!

We're 3 days returned from another amazing magical memory making trip to WDW, and Boy, have I learned a lot, laughed a lot and shook my head a lot on this trip.
If you've followed my PTR ( accidentally posted in the TR's ,oops, entitled "No Parents Allowed ") then you know this was a first time trip for Nana and Grampa,( that's us,) to take our 3 middle Grands to The World without Moms or Dads.
The kids had just learned to enjoy the "thrill rides" on a family trip in June, so this was a last trip before school starts to hit all those new favorites again, but, also, to do some things we've never experienced and to revisit a few from their/ our past.

Well, the best laid plans of mice and men... ( and apparently Grandparents )

Suffice to say, we:
Learned a little: ( You can never pack too much Gatorade or chocolate chip pancakes ):hungry:
Taught a little: ( Its never to early to teach kids the democratic process,LOL )
Had some firsts: ( Cheshire Cat Tails are so YUMMY!!!):cat:
Had some favorites: ( Joffrey's, and Pod Burgers, 'nuf said)
Did some repeats and threpeats : ( the kids ping ponged back & forth between ToT/RRC):hilarious:
Laughed and Loved a Lot.

We didn't get the whole wish list done, but that's all the more reason to plan the next trip.

So sit back, relax and follow along for our 5 day adventure.

To Be continued

blreinsel

Yikes, I think I speak for my entire family, I'm officially envious, how nice for you. We,'ll catch up privately b4 trip, make a plan, @wdisney9000 is a hoot, this should be fun!

I consider myself extremely lucky to have the stars align and allow me to make the move here! :) Sounds great.. I've been following his reports for a few years and always find myself laughing. He promised me a drink if/when we meet up, so I'll be sure to coordinate with him to see when we'll all be the same place at the same time. :)

luvinthemajik

Original Poster
I consider myself extremely lucky to have the stars align and allow me to make the move here! :) Sounds great.. I've been following his reports for a few years and always find myself laughing. He promised me a drink if/when we meet up, so I'll be sure to coordinate with him to see when we'll all be the same place at the same time. :)
Now that sounds perfect, and I'd like to be lucky enough to say Hi too. I'll let him know, perhaps you two can do a conversation, set a meet, say Epcot, maybe, we'll hoist a round!!

blreinsel

Now that sounds perfect, and I'd like to be lucky enough to say Hi too. I'll let him know, perhaps you two can do a conversation, set a meet, say Epcot, maybe, we'll hoist a round!!

Yes! Sounds like a wonderful idea. :) I'll get in touch with him a little closer to your trip and we'll schedule an official meet up!

luvinthemajik

Original Poster
Yes! Sounds like a wonderful idea. :) I'll get in touch with him a little closer to your trip and we'll schedule an official meet up!
This all adults trip just keeps getting better and better, I'm in full Pre trip mode, slow, lazy, looking and enjoying all the amazing sights, sounds, smells of The World, a meet up from a forum sounds like a lot of fun. Can't wait,c u real soon

12in12

Thank you for the wonderful TR, I enjoyed reading it. What are your January dates? I am envious of all the WDW MAGIC meetups and want one myself.;)

luvinthemajik

Original Poster
Thank you for the wonderful TR, I enjoyed reading it. What are your January dates? I am envious of all the WDW MAGIC meetups and want one myself.;)
Hi there @RedNoseMickey , We don't have specific dates for January yet, looking at mid Jan right now. Let the post holiday crowds and school's out kids go back home. We usualy go on a Sat and come back on a Fri or Sat.
I'd be excited for meet ups, nothing says good times like Folks Who Love the Magic!! I'll let you know what we settle on. Pre planning August with @wdisney9000 , then last week Sept for MNSSHP with DD and the kids.
Have a great Sunday, C U Real Soon.

fractal

DAY 5 Last Day::cry:
MK
TR COMPLETED
Since this was a Friday and Atlanta traffic can almost be seen and heard if not just imagined from here in the security and serenity of The World, going to a park was always part of the plan. Why rush home, school/work doesn't start for another week anyways. So now that we are justified, let's GO!!!
We drove the packed up van to Grandstand and hopped a bus to MK. No particular plan, just some FP's and smiles all around.
A nice man took a group photo of us with Walt and Mickey:)

View attachment 219257 Stitch and the Astro Orbiter were on the Must Do List, but, already,at 10:00, those lines were crazy. Space Mntn is next.Our DGD is trying out her "I'm upset it's the last day" face. Wait, maybe that was real....:(
View attachment 219260
Let's get some Joffrey's!! Who doesn't love a donut as big as your head? Well the kids snarfed theirs faster than I could whip out my camera, but here's DH's new fav drink, Arnold Palmer Cooler, delish:D
View attachment 219261 Then we spotted this guy, i Can, I've never heard of him before, but whoever is in there or voicing him is hialrious and engaging and very available.
View attachment 219264 Smiles on, tummys full, let's relax on everyone's favorite no need for a FP ride, People Mover!!
View attachment 219265That ride just never gets old. On our way to SWMT and Splash Mntn for last spins, we check out the orbiter and Stitch, wait times are listed at 20 and 10 minutes. Okay....
There are at least 2 different sets of same color t shirt groups at either attraction, the lines are snaked into the walkways of Tomorowland, someone's timer is very wrong:banghead: Sooooo, we'll have to shelve these rides for another time. Boy that goes over like a lead balloon with kids doesn't it? "Can we come back after Splash Mntn?" "We should have done them first!" "I really wanted to do them!":(:(:(.
Now I got upset when I was The Mommy when my kids would whine without reason, but as a Nana, I'm super creative, super patient, and love to just outhnk them, WOW, Where was all that when my 4 were sounding like broken records?:bawling:

"Here's the deal" I say quietly, "We have FP's for 2 more rides, thrill rides, you are all Passolders, Pappa and I plan to come back here, A LOT!!!, You have lots of school breaks coming up, vote on one of these FP rides, check your phones, head in that direction and we'll see you there, don't make me explain what your alternative is, sound good?"
Okay.........:p
SWMT and Splash here we come!
View attachment 219266 View attachment 219267 clearly the 13 yr old, who needed,( until these pics,) to be bolted down into the seat by Pappa's strong arms and legs, is over his fears:joyfull:

We walked back up Main Street, bought 3Dfidget spinners for the kids and our 5 yr old DGS at home, ( seroiusly?? fidget spinners? the marketing folks just kill me ) Maybe I'm getting old and cynical:rolleyes:.

On the way to the passage under the train depot we heard these guys.
View attachment 219269
I love The Dapper Dans, just beautiful acapella singing and old timey songs. I love the flag ceremony and the Marching Band too, nostalgic and sweet.
Out we go, and the Team poses for 1 last pic with a floral Mickey at the entrance to The Park of Parks.
View attachment 219270 And just like that, we're back in the car heading for the Turnpike, The Muppets are asleep, and I'm planning our next trip.
This time, it's that trip "That Never Was..." with our always awesome DS, @wdisney9000 , an all adult jaunt to BLT at the end of August.

Thank you all for coming along on my first TR, hope you had some fun. Keep spreading the Pixie Dust wherever you roam, See You Real Soon:joyfull:

Thanks for taking us along! Really enjoyed the report - and looks like we'll be seeing more of them.

gdisneyfans

Really enjoyed reading your report! You, DH and the Muppets looked like you were all having a blast together and what wonderful memories you all made together:). Thanks for taking us along on your trip!

luvinthemajik

Original Poster
Thanks for taking us along! Really enjoyed the report - and looks like we'll be seeing more of them.
Thx @fractal , like @wdisney9000 says, "This AP ain't going to use itself".lol, so yes, there will be a couple more of these TRs, now hopefully I can get some lessons on the link feature, better photo placement, etc etc, This is such fun and I'm learning a lot, college wasnt this informative or entertaining.Thanks for following.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom