Gearing up for the Big 5-0... Any news?

seascape

Disney will have a lot more additions completed by early 2021 so the 50th anniversary will be great. I know there are many here who do not agree but that what makes life great. People can disagree and not take things too personally. People can be positive about Disney or negative.

I look at the reasons Disney invested in Asia and understand it kept Disney from investing more in Orlando in the short term. Others just don't get it. That's fine but over the next 10 years they will see what Disney did and why. I think the DVC decision was and is the right decision. Some people think of the DVC like other timeshares and will never understand why right to use timeshares are not short term profits at the expense of long term profits. DVC is a long term prepaid rent with profits locked in. It is a much better deal for Disney than the buyers. They expire in 50 years and you are left with nothing. The reason I bought in was I did it resale and my wife did not want to pay the overpriced room cost for the Disney deluxe units. She would be happier in a moderate resort but I wanted the Boardwalk. It's not the best deal but I want it and so I got it and paid cash. Anyone who would finance a timeshare is wasting money and spending money they can't afford. Vacations to Orlando are a luxury and not something that is done because you think you have to. Anyone who would take a vacation to either Disney or Universal on credit is a fool. And I'm sorry if I'm insulting anyone here. Beginning in 2042 Disney will begin selling the first DVC's all over again.

cw1982

Disney will have a lot more additions completed by early 2021 so the 50th anniversary will be great. I know there are many here who do not agree but that what makes life great. People can disagree and not take things too personally. People can be positive about Disney or negative.

I look at the reasons Disney invested in Asia and understand it kept Disney from investing more in Orlando in the short term. Others just don't get it. That's fine but over the next 10 years they will see what Disney did and why. I think the DVC decision was and is the right decision. Some people think of the DVC like other timeshares and will never understand why right to use timeshares are not short term profits at the expense of long term profits. DVC is a long term prepaid rent with profits locked in. It is a much better deal for Disney than the buyers. They expire in 50 years and you are left with nothing. The reason I bought in was I did it resale and my wife did not want to pay the overpriced room cost for the Disney deluxe units. She would be happier in a moderate resort but I wanted the Boardwalk. It's not the best deal but I want it and so I got it and paid cash. Anyone who would finance a timeshare is wasting money and spending money they can't afford. Vacations to Orlando are a luxury and not something that is done because you think you have to. Anyone who would take a vacation to either Disney or Universal on credit is a fool. And I'm sorry if I'm insulting anyone here. Beginning in 2042 Disney will begin selling the first DVC's all over again.

This thread has nothing to do with dvc. The OP was asking about events geared towards the 50th anniversary celebration and new developments in the parks. Not everything here has to be about you trying to prove that dvc expansion is a good thing. Nice attempt to hijack the thread though.

Last edited:

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member

I look at the reasons Disney invested in Asia and understand it kept Disney from investing more in Orlando in the short term. Others just don't get it. That's fine but over the next 10 years they will see what Disney did and why. I think the DVC decision was and is the right decision. Some people think of the DVC like other timeshares and will never understand why right to use timeshares are not short term profits at the expense of long term profits. DVC is a long term prepaid rent with profits locked in. It is a much better deal for Disney than the buyers. They expire in 50 years and you are left with nothing..

With all due respect, what on earth are you talking about? Im as far from an insider as it gets so I dont mean to sound as if I have any clue as to why Disney does what they do without speculating. But you seem to always push that you are financially savvy, then make a blanket statement such as "That's fine but over the next 10 years they will see what Disney did and why". Whats your point? Disney will obviously make more money over the next ten years. Will you claim "I knew it", ten years from now? Ill save you the time and effort, yes they will. As much as you think you know whats going to happen, you just as much ignore facts and trends. Im not against DVC in any way, but it should be done properly and for the right reasons and in the right place, not just forced upon existing properties due to lack of ability to fill rooms because of bloated prices which are a direct result from building DVC prior and then raising rack rates to make DVC seem more financially viable in the first place.

Bocabear

Most likely The 50th will bring Avatar opening....which will encounter construction delays shortly....so they can drag it out for the 50th ...there will be lots of commemorative merchandise and few new meet and greets...they will also use the 50th Anniversary to announce all new expansions to the existing parks that will never happen...like The Disney Decade. There will probably be a new parade...well not a new parade, they will re-dress a few floats from the current parade since it will only be 7 years old by then, and possibly a new fireworks show.
there will also be lots of new advertising and marketing for the 50th...
that's my predictions... hope I am wrong

Nmoody1

Let's hope Disney has been sold to Comcast by then.... Otherwise they would have had to start building new attractions 3 years ago to open in time!

... I have seen renderings of a bambi themed toilet, an alien dance party for Adventureland, a new Marvel wrap for the Monorail (only thing keeping it together, right) and Food and Wine will be extended for a entire year with dishes starting from as little as $12. Look out for hard ticket events including 'Hollywood Studios e-ride night'... The park is expected to open to 10,000 people for 2 hours - giving lucky folks the chance to ride all of the studios' e tickets twice... And still have time for a sit down meal!

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

You really seem to have an issue keeping on topic, by focusing on one or two others, related or not to the thread at hand. How familiar....

Wikkler

With all due respect, what on earth are you talking about? Im as far from an insider as it gets so I dont mean to sound as if I have any clue as to why Disney does what they do without speculating. But you seem to always push that you are financially savvy, then make a blanket statement such as "That's fine but over the next 10 years they will see what Disney did and why". Whats your point? Disney will obviously make more money over the next ten years. Will you claim "I knew it", ten years from now? Ill save you the time and effort, yes they will. As much as you think you know whats going to happen, you just as much ignore facts and trends. Im not against DVC in any way, but it should be done properly and for the right reasons and in the right place, not just forced upon existing properties due to lack of ability to fill rooms because of bloated prices which are a direct result from building DVC prior and then raising rack rates to make DVC seem more financially viable in the first place.
You really seem to have an issue keeping on topic, by focusing on one or two others, related or not to the thread at hand. How familiar....
Don't feed it.

Bocabear

By the 50th they have time to release several sequels to Frozen...most notably Frozen III : Olaf's Gran Fiesta Tour.... which will be released straight to Video.
In a stunning and unexpected show of Synergy, TDO will then announce a Frozen overlay for the Mexico Pavilion adding a second attraction in the world showcase based on their 8 year old, 2013 hit movie...
"Laugh along with Olaf, that irrepressible snow man from Disney's Frozen, as he visits some of Mexico's most famous landmarks and attractions on his search for Nemo "

Big Bad Wolf

Original Poster
I believe this is a plan for Disneyland.....
Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration to Begin Spring 2015
posted on July 17th, 2014 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

bg-post-top.png

Today, in addition to celebrating the 59th birthday of the Disneyland Resort, we gave guests and fans a sneak peek at our upcoming Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration, which begins spring 2015. We’re excited for all of what’s to come next year, but in the meantime, here’s your first look at the logo for this sparkling celebration.

“It’s an incredible time at the Disneyland Resort as we prepare for next year’s Diamond Celebration,” said Michael Colglazier, president, Disneyland Resort. “We’re excited to honor our rich history, to celebrate the incredible magic that fills our resort today, and to create unforgettable memories with our guests for many years to come.”

As part of this morning’s festivities, we’re inviting the generations of families and friends who have visited to share their favorite memories through the photos they have taken at the resort. We’ll share some of the photos here on the Disney Parks Blog, and one lucky guest will have a chance to win a trip to the start of the 60th anniversary celebration in spring 2015. Starting today, fans in the United States and District of Columbia are invited to submit photos that represent their memories from the Disneyland Decades – 1950s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s and 2000 to the present. Using hashtag #Disneyland60Contest, guests may share the photos via Twitter or Instagram. Let us know the decade in which the photo was taken in the description or tweet. For details and rules, click here.

We look forward to celebrating 60 years of The Happiest Place on Earth with you!

Big Bad Wolf

Original Poster
Walt Disney World is a large resort.....and with that in mind planning would need to start rather soon with leaks...forums are monitored and calculated carefully. Unfortunately, some don't see the big picture.

Mike S

I believe this is a plan for Disneyland.....
Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration to Begin Spring 2015
posted on July 17th, 2014 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

bg-post-top.png

Today, in addition to celebrating the 59th birthday of the Disneyland Resort, we gave guests and fans a sneak peek at our upcoming Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration, which begins spring 2015. We’re excited for all of what’s to come next year, but in the meantime, here’s your first look at the logo for this sparkling celebration.

“It’s an incredible time at the Disneyland Resort as we prepare for next year’s Diamond Celebration,” said Michael Colglazier, president, Disneyland Resort. “We’re excited to honor our rich history, to celebrate the incredible magic that fills our resort today, and to create unforgettable memories with our guests for many years to come.”

As part of this morning’s festivities, we’re inviting the generations of families and friends who have visited to share their favorite memories through the photos they have taken at the resort. We’ll share some of the photos here on the Disney Parks Blog, and one lucky guest will have a chance to win a trip to the start of the 60th anniversary celebration in spring 2015. Starting today, fans in the United States and District of Columbia are invited to submit photos that represent their memories from the Disneyland Decades – 1950s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s and 2000 to the present. Using hashtag #Disneyland60Contest, guests may share the photos via Twitter or Instagram. Let us know the decade in which the photo was taken in the description or tweet. For details and rules, click here.

We look forward to celebrating 60 years of The Happiest Place on Earth with you!
Sad I'll be missing the celebration by a few months. Hope there's still something there in February like merchandise available for the 60th.

Bocabear

So...basically for Disneyland's 60th anniversary they are allowing the public to do their marketing by handing in old pictures? lol
Maybe as part of Walt Disney World's 50th they can have guests create their own parade... and then why not cook our own meals too... Maybe they can have a "Become Part Of The Magic" program where for a small fee, you could man the entry gates or perhaps sweep Main Street! "Join the Celebration ! Become part of Walt Disney World's 50th Anniversary!" lol

Cmdr_Crimson

So...basically for Disneyland's 60th anniversary they are allowing the public to do their marketing by handing in old pictures? lol
Maybe as part of Walt Disney World's 50th they can have guests create their own parade... and then why not cook our own meals too... Maybe they can have a "Become Part Of The Magic" program where for a small fee, you could man the entry gates or perhaps sweep Main Street! "Join the Celebration ! Become part of Walt Disney World's 50th Anniversary!" lol

That to me sounds like the Old Disney Institute to me...Where you live your dream...By working for it..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom