Gearing up for the Big 5-0... Any news?

Skip

Disney will have a lot more additions completed by early 2021 so the 50th anniversary will be great. I know there are many here who do not agree but that what makes life great. People can disagree and not take things too personally. People can be positive about Disney or negative.

I look at the reasons Disney invested in Asia and understand it kept Disney from investing more in Orlando in the short term. Others just don't get it. That's fine but over the next 10 years they will see what Disney did and why. I think the DVC decision was and is the right decision. Some people think of the DVC like other timeshares and will never understand why right to use timeshares are not short term profits at the expense of long term profits. DVC is a long term prepaid rent with profits locked in. It is a much better deal for Disney than the buyers. They expire in 50 years and you are left with nothing. The reason I bought in was I did it resale and my wife did not want to pay the overpriced room cost for the Disney deluxe units. She would be happier in a moderate resort but I wanted the Boardwalk. It's not the best deal but I want it and so I got it and paid cash. Anyone who would finance a timeshare is wasting money and spending money they can't afford. Vacations to Orlando are a luxury and not something that is done because you think you have to. Anyone who would take a vacation to either Disney or Universal on credit is a fool. And I'm sorry if I'm insulting anyone here. Beginning in 2042 Disney will begin selling the first DVC's all over again.

Translation: Everyone is allowed their opinion, but mine is right and you'll all see.

I'm not buying it - quit acting like you're smarter than everyone else here. You've been disproven time and time again. You also can't have opinions on facts... but... you've long-since abandoned that standard.

As far as the 50th goes? Avatar, maybe a small/moderate addition somewhere else (DHS or Epcot) that'll be coincidentally timed. I'm sure there'll be a whole big marketing thing, but I doubt there'll be a lot of real substance, sadly.

Californian Elitist

So...basically for Disneyland's 60th anniversary they are allowing the public to do their marketing by handing in old pictures? lol
Maybe as part of Walt Disney World's 50th they can have guests create their own parade... and then why not cook our own meals too... Maybe they can have a "Become Part Of The Magic" program where for a small fee, you could man the entry gates or perhaps sweep Main Street! "Join the Celebration ! Become part of Walt Disney World's 50th Anniversary!" lol

The marketing for the 60th hasn't fully begun yet.

Communicore

They should rename Disneyland to Birthdayland, that would be awesome! Hope I can visit during the 60th. I would like to order everything on the menu at Bengal, as I had the Banyan!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom