Gearing up for the Big 5-0... Any news?

wdwgreek

I would actually prefer if they just expanded the Sci-Fi theme of the front of TL to the rest of it which is still kind of plain looking.
Or that god awful transition area between Fantasyland and Tomorrowland where since 1971 Imagineers just shrugged and left it as it. They even boast in their books notice how no music is playing in the transition area...

MotherOfBirds

Or that god awful transition area between Fantasyland and Tomorrowland where since 1971 Imagineers just shrugged and left it as it. They even boast in their books notice how no music is playing in the transition area...

I think that the speedway would need to be demoed for that to be fixed, along with some creative landscaping. What if they used some sort of rockwork to improve the transition, seeing as there's plenty of it in both FLE and TL?

cheezbat

I think I'll be enjoying a brand new theme park in 2021...

At Universal. ;)

Honestly, I'm really hoping for a new E-ticket for the MK that year, but realistically they will probably be coasting off Avatarland at DAK and maybe Star Wars land at DHS.

My hopes aren't too high thanks to current management.

Mike S

They could've fixed it with New Fantasyland, and it was planned apparently.
image.jpg
image.jpg
This art was posted by another member around the time I first joined the site, I forget who it was.

Mike S

I think I'll be enjoying a brand new theme park in 2021...

At Universal. ;)

Honestly, I'm really hoping for a new E-ticket for the MK that year, but realistically they will probably be coasting off Avatarland at DAK and maybe Star Wars land at DHS.

My hopes aren't too high thanks to current management.
I really can't wait to see the first artwork for that new park. I hope it's amazing.

Mike S

Forgive me, but is this sarcasm or has there actually been news about a Uni 3rd gate?
It's real according to insiders. Universal is truly considering a third park. This is the best news we got about it
What some have already said but only brushed over is that Universal is planning a third gate. I'm not talking about the waterpark, although that is looking to be quite spectacular in terms of waterparks and may be the first waterpark/theme park hybrid. No I'm talking about a no-holds-barred, DisneySea quality level third gate theme park. Trust me I don't use the term "DisneySea quality" lightly. Right now the resources are planned to allow that level of quality and detail. Yes I'm fully expecting that the final execution will not be as spectacular as it looks to be now by the time it goes through final budget/schedule/construction blunders, but if we end up with a full park on the level of Diagon for example, the gap between Disney and Universal will be significantly reduced.

WDW1974

Seriously, this thread needs to be moved or closed.

It's classic ''I am soooo bored with WDW and realize they won't be doing much of substance for the next seven years, but they can't ignore their 50th anniversary so let's make stuff up and talk about that!!!'' mindset.

Again, folks have pointed out accurately that they don't have their plans nailed down for DL's 60th, which has been announced and starts in 10 months.

There is no serious thought about this at either Burbank/WDI/TDO because it's probably safe to say that the vast majority of those in charge now will not be with the company then.

Move this to armchair Imagineering or close it. Let's not confuse people that there is anything of substance to talk about.

cw1982

Seriously, this thread needs to be moved or closed.

It's classic ''I am soooo bored with WDW and realize they won't be doing much of substance for the next seven years, but they can't ignore their 50th anniversary so let's make stuff up and talk about that!!!'' mindset.

Again, folks have pointed out accurately that they don't have their plans nailed down for DL's 60th, which has been announced and starts in 10 months.

There is no serious thought about this at either Burbank/WDI/TDO because it's probably safe to say that the vast majority of those in charge now will not be with the company then.

Move this to armchair Imagineering or close it. Let's not confuse people that there is anything of substance to talk about.

There was another thread started in the last day or so on the same subject... maybe the two should just be merged to wherever the other thread went?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom