Gearing up for the Big 5-0... Any news?

Big Bad Wolf

Original Poster
Will we see a new nighttime parade? Possible dip the castle in gold similar to the pink cupcake for the twenty fifth celebration? New attractions or shows? Curious minds would like to know! Disneyland started preparations many years out....it isn't to early!

doctornick

I have a dream that they'd celebrate the 50th by building a new E-ticket for each park -- playing off what they did for the "Happiest Celebration on Earth" (DL's 50th) and building a new ride in every park worldwide. It's fine if they are clones as long as they are quality. For WDW:

MK: Add IJ or Journey to the Center of the Earth to Adventureland. Or the Shanghai Tron ride to TL
DAK: Add Mystic Manor to Asia
Epcot: Add Ratatouille to France or maybe Storm Riders to a revamped WoL pavilion.
DHS: Lots of options, like the IJ ride (if not used in MK) in a new area or Crush's Coaster or Ratatouille to Pixar. Heck, even just adding the Roger Rabbit ride to a new Toontown are would be cool.

Then I wake up.

JimboJones123

Well, Disneyland's 50th pretty much marked the park's Renaissance.

The place was far worse off than WDW has ever seen leading up to 2004. Then 2004 was the lost year where more than 1/3 of the park was shut down at any given time.

I don't think that Disney can afford to waste this opportunity to make sure that the WDW Resort is more attractive prospect for vacationers than ever before.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Will we see a new nighttime parade? Possible dip the castle in gold similar to the pink cupcake for the twenty fifth celebration? New attractions or shows? Curious minds would like to know! Disneyland started preparations many years out....it isn't to early!

I think the Tiki Bird room is getting some kind of Justin Bieber overlay. Other than that, I've heard nothing.

tigger1968

Seems a bit early to be speculating on this. I'm sure there has been some blue sky type discussions, but I wouldn't expect any major work or announcements for years.

Mike S

I would be content to just see the rest of MK get a facelift. Give old Fantasyland the european village treatment like DL, Jules Verne the heck out of TL, and give me a good reason not to totally bypass the first half of AL on my way to Pirates.
I would actually prefer if they just expanded the Sci-Fi theme of the front of TL to the rest of it which is still kind of plain looking.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom