Frozen Ever After opening day

Daveeeeed

I watched the pov (couldn't resist it I had to see what happened to Maestrom) and I figured it would be a huge improvement over Maelstrom, which it is, but 500 minutes for this ride? It could've been cut in half with a great capacity. I just don't get how twdc didn't just tear down or extend the current building a bit. Oh well solid D for sure, but it's not an E be serious guys. Seven dwarfs mine train had great aa's too, and that was a d, sure it was short, but just because it is a good ride doesn't make it an e, and doesn't justify mega waits either. Frozen Ever After is a great addition to Epcot, especially that it has hardly any good rides, so I think it will be enjoyed by many, just not as many as it should due to capacity.

Daveeeeed

I just saw this on YouTube and it waw beautiful. It was the best movie-based ride I've ever seen!

That might be cheap, but it's hilarious!
You clearly haven't been on Harry Potter & The Forbidden Journey or Ratatouille at WDS Paris. Still it's a solid ride to have, I would prefer to ride it over Skull Island: Reign of Kong.

Sped2424

So very Norwegian! :p

But after seeing the video...the ride reminds me a bit of the new-ish Peter Pan's Flight ride in Shanghai. There's a lot of visual excitement and real charm, I must admit. The AA's are more sophisticated than Pan, of course. Olaf's are quite impressive. And the "Let It Go" song is mercifully brief. The ride is still horribly out of place, but at least TDO did put some effort into this. So...okay. (shrugs)
I am surprised you are impressed given the property! But you are right this does feel a bit similar in the color scheme as Shanghai's pan and that I do enjoy! All in all a solid attraction that is a wonderful d ticket. Would have been more wonderful at Mk but I digress.

Daveeeeed

So the question is where does this leave the rest of the world showcase? What's next a tangled attraction in Germany?
People are going to disagree with that because it is an ip, but I think now that we have two pavilions with rides in them based on ips I don't see a valid reason to not put one in Germany, or France, or Morocco. Now I think for Germany though a Rhine boat ride would just be stunning, but I would be fine with Tangled as well. FW needs ride more though, so I wouldn't make any of those top priority. Living With the Land needs updating, Imagination needs an overhaul at the very least, UoE needs to be gutted, Mission: Space needs a Test Track like update, Wonders of Life needs life, and The Living Seas needs to be updated.

Monorail Mike

Would soft openings perhaps have helped with preventing the ride from breaking down this early?

I'm sure they had soft openings in the original timing plan! I've worked on similar projects and can tell you that everyone on that team has had to pull all-nighters for at least a week to bring together all elements of the show. Each one of those scenes is an incredibly complex machine and everyone cheers the first time it works correctly. Getting it to work reliably day in, day out is the real challenge and the real work.
I think we'll look back on this ride as the beginning of a new era for Imagineering. They really set (and achieved) some ambitious goals with this project. A few hiccups and maybe a delay or two are sure signs that the end product will be great. That's why I can't wait to see Rivers of Light!

Cmdr_Crimson

Ratatouille at WDS Paris.

I have a strong suspicion that will come to WS and balance out crowds a few years down the road expanding France adjacent to Les Chefs De France in that open plot between Morocco & France..
interne_2.gif

CrescentLake

Can't you only select one of the three for FP+? If you FP one and ride one at rope drop, you'll be waiting in a very long line for the third.

Yeah I guess you're right. I took for granted that one would move to tier 2 but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom