Frozen Ever After opening day

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Water dispensers are in the line. Nobody is leaving despite the closure.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    130 KB · Views: 219
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    130 KB · Views: 187

180º

It looks absolutely beautiful! The AAs look fantastic*. That said, who decided which songs appear when? The score is all over the place. Little Mermaid has this problem too, but not as bad. FEA is musically choppy to an extreme. This is something that I feel the composers should have caught and fixed. IDK. But holy smokes, if I love the execution of the rest of the scenes, this is one thing that brings it way down for me.

*when working

Last edited:

the-reason14

I think this argument, which routinely get trotted out these days, is a little disingenuous. Sure, the Yeti has not been (and may never be) fixed, but that is not the "norm" for Disney and AA's. It is more the norm that AA's will periodically breakdown and Disney does eventually fix them. Especially if they are main showcase AA's. I don't know what reasons they have for not fixing the Yeti AA, but I do know that you barely see that AA for more than a second and it may not be worth the cost of upkeep on that AA for the amount of time he is seen. It might as well be a static figure because most people wont really even notice it moves.

This is true that you barely see the yeti, however that doesn't mean that it should be a static figure. They spent a lot of time and money hyping the attraction up with the yeti being a fully functioning figure way back in 2006 when the attraction first open. Because they spent so much money on something that moved so fast that you barely got to see, should be even more of a reason for them to want to fix him.

Besides all of that, I have to say that I'm slightly impressed with this new frozen attraction. I agree with everyone who says it should have been in a new building in fantasyland, however it is vastly superior to maelstrom technology wise. Doubt I will ever ride it though, because I would never stand in over a 45 minute line for it or let alone anything else. I imagine it will be like the seven dwarves mine train, which is impossible to get fastpasses for. I don't visit WDW as often as I used to, I've become more of a DLR kind of guy this past year and a half. While I don't hate WDW's fastpass as much I use to, maybe becayse I can go to Disneyland and use them they way I feel they should be, I can tolerate them a little more at WDW. I just don't like how some rides I just can't do because of fastpass availability. Oh well, pretty good job with this one Disney, keep up the good work.

odmichael

300 minute wait plus an hour of downtime. Six hours (at least).

In that time, you could watch Toy Story, A Bug's Life, Toy Story 2, Monsters, Inc., Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, and half of Cars in that time. Yes, you could watch almost half of Pixar's entire current portfolio, better known as most of every movie they made through 2006.
Or you could do the entire current Hollywood Studios in its entirety...twice...

odmichael

These little snowmen things and snow troll is a nice nod to the Maelstrom trolls. But I also find these little snowmen to be oddly more disturbing...

http://.com/wp-content/uploads/Frozen1-814x1200.jpg

Frozen-Ever-After-Photo-Marshmallows-Snowgies-Mai-2016-1-e1463425110973-218x150.jpg

http://www./wp-content/uploads/2014/09/MEP433LARGE.jpg

FigmentForver96

Thoughts

1) The AAs are very nice and I'm not ashamed to say they are probably some of the best at Disney. The Olaf figures in particular are awesome.

2) The story of the ride seems to be everywhere, originally i thought they were suppose to be celebrating some sort of festival but it just seems we are heading to the ice castle see Elsa. That's fine if that is the story.

3) The ride ITSELF is a very cute ride and at 5 minutes nothing I wouldn't mind riding if the wait was low enough....so 20-30 minutes tops.

4) The ride is in the wrong place and I'll always remember that when riding or seeing this but hey it doesn't honestly matter at this point.

Rescue Ranger

Well, it's as expected I guess? Not impressive but not a let down either...it's just does not exceed any expectations. All their "new" attractions are starting to look identical now.

Actually, to be honest, I think its very disappointing that at no time does it snow on you. I thought for sure they would have added falling snow or at least digital snow like is seen in Potter.

Maelstrom should have stayed and Frozen should have gotten a NEW attraction, much more immersive and grand than this.

Avatar better be incredible! With James Cameron directly involved, I have high hopes.

The Tuna

Looks much better than expected. yes things break down early on as we see with most new rides. But all in all pretty good. I'm sure the kids will love it along with the big kids. It seems like some wanted to hate it and will no matter what, while others like myself who thought it would be average are impressed. I think it is safe to say EPCOT Center is in fact dead and the new EPCOT is likely under construction, IE Ratatouille in France etc. I think they will slowly but surely kidify the park to increase attendance. Who knows, maybe food quality will rise with attendance, or at the very least when Bobby retires and is hopefully replace by someone who remembers what the parks were like when they were young.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom