Frozen at Disney's Hollywood Studios for the summer?

note2001

The Frozen events should run through until the end of September (Sept 22) when summer ends on the books. As far as I know DHS doesn't really promote Halloween the way the MK does, so why end it early?

for the record: I like the movie, but am not a die hard Frozen fan. I just wonder why Disney has to shut down the summer season so quickly.

Crazydisneyfanluke

The Frozen events should run through until the end of September (Sept 22) when summer ends on the books. As far as I know DHS doesn't really promote Halloween the way the MK does, so why end it early?

for the record: I like the movie, but am not a die hard Frozen fan. I just wonder why Disney has to shut down the summer season so quickly.
There was a radio advertisement for the event on my local news station that said from July 5th- Sept 1st.

Jakester

I could see the parade staying no longer than Halloween. MK will need their floats back for the holidays. The Sing Along and Funland I could see staying longer until after holidays. It would be nice if TDO went ahead did a Frozen Miniland at DHS.

wannabeBelle

Just based on the popularity I had seen in it's first few days, they would be foolish not to continue on with this. The Sing a long stage show could be permanent very easily, the funland part only slightly more difficult based on if there were any plans for that particular show building. The Stage show/fireworks combination is the one that would require some thought, as others have pointed out the stage is temporary. Marie

I was there on Wednesday 7/16 and this is the picture I snapped of the Execs including Tom. There were about 25 of them walking towards the theatre.
10404871_10154405516515301_3937101855966809977_n.jpg

I was there on Wednesday 7/16 and this is the picture I snapped of the Execs including Tom. There were about 25 of them walking towards the theatre.
10404871_10154405516515301_3937101855966809977_n.jpg
And can I say something that still bothers me? I know its a fanboy thing but why doesn't Tom wear a name tag when in the parks? I mean isn't it a think that all Cast Members where? If he forgets it they can have one for every park when he shows up just in case. It makes him look too big to be on cast there and too important. Although he did talk to me as he was walking and stopped to take pictures with people.

wannabeBelle

And can I say something that still bothers me? I know its a fanboy thing but why doesn't Tom wear a name tag when in the parks? I mean isn't it a think that all Cast Members where? If he forgets it they can have one for every park when he shows up just in case. It makes him look too big to be on cast there and too important. Although he did talk to me as he was walking and stopped to take pictures with people.
Awesome picture!!!! Marie

lazyboy97o

Despite the spin, an executive isn't in a role. Calling Staggs a Cast Members just makes the terms more nonsense without meaning.

wannabeBelle

I thought this was a tradition kind of thing, dating back to Walt himself. I understood that Walt called everyone by their first name and insisted that people call him Walt as well. Is this true or just a legend? Marie

xstech25

The guy in the black is Jim McPhee.

Also I am wondering if it was awkward taking a picture of Dan Cockerell when he is staring right at you? Looks very TMZish haha.

lazyboy97o

I thought this was a tradition kind of thing, dating back to Walt himself. I understood that Walt called everyone by their first name and insisted that people call him Walt as well. Is this true or just a legend? Marie
It is not a tradition dating to Walt, more dating to Eisner. Watch the Walt Disney Anthology Series and you don't see Imagineers wearing name tags. The term Cast Members did not start right away and was more a public term. Even into the 1970s there are Walt Disney World documents referencing "employees." It also makes no sense to call everyone a Cast Member. The term is supposed to be like in theater and film, but you don't see the accountants, writers, director, lighting crew, etc. listed under "Cast" on the credits.

wannabeBelle

It is not a tradition dating to Walt, more dating to Eisner. Watch the Walt Disney Anthology Series and you don't see Imagineers wearing name tags. The term Cast Members did not start right away and was more a public term. Even into the 1970s there are Walt Disney World documents referencing "employees." It also makes no sense to call everyone a Cast Member. The term is supposed to be like in theater and film, but you don't see the accountants, writers, director, lighting crew, etc. listed under "Cast" on the credits.
Thank you for the info!! Marie

CaptainShortty

It's not a legend. Everyone is on a first name basis at Disney. Many cast members feel intimidated to call the big wigs by their first names so won't at first but many of the execs will insist on it if the conversation continues. I've met a few myself as a CM.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom